PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone feel sorry for Marion Jones?

latinking
11-23-2007, 02:01 PM
I don't feel sorry for her at all. I was saying for years that she was doping, and everyone I know used to give me a hard time.

Coments?

jmsx521
11-23-2007, 02:07 PM
Yes, I feel sorry for her. I think I feel sorry for everyone who's admited a wrongdoing... as long as the truth is admited. If the person doesn't admit the truth, then I will probably not feel sorry.

lethalfang
11-23-2007, 06:18 PM
Nope.
She was threatening to file lawsuits only a year ago.
I have no sympathy for people who throw lawyers at other people when they're caught doing something wrong.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
11-23-2007, 06:20 PM
Nope, she knew what she was doing, just like Barry Bonds. BTW, she only came clean because she was about to be exposed anyway...

tbini87
11-23-2007, 06:41 PM
im sure some do, but not i. i guess maybe i feel sorry that she was dumb enough to do what she did and go about it the way she did. but those were her choices. she made her bed, and now she can lay in it.

CanadianChic
11-23-2007, 08:05 PM
What is there to feel sorry for? I reserve my empathy and sympathy for those who encounter difficulties and suffering not of their own making.

AM28143
11-23-2007, 09:05 PM
She cheated and got caught. She does not deserve sympathy, and I’m sure she knows that.

I'll refrain from making critical judgments on her character because I know little about her. But I can’t feel sorry for someone who made millions cheating her sport, her fans and herself. There are too many in this world needing of sympathy. More attention should be paid on them, and less on superficial celebrities and their superficial problems.

atatu
11-23-2007, 09:17 PM
Yeah, I guess I do. I think she got caught up in the whole thing and now has to face the consequences. A guy like Barry Bonds is a multi millionaire, track and field athletes generally have to scrape a living out. I'm sure Marion Jones isn't hurting for cash, but I still feel kind of bad for her.

CAM178
11-23-2007, 09:38 PM
Yes, I feel sorry for her. I think I feel sorry for everyone who's admited a wrongdoing... as long as the truth is admited. If the person doesn't admit the truth, then I will probably not feel sorry.

Your comment contradicts itself. MJ lied about this. Are you saying that it's okay for people lie over and over and over, as long as they come back and say 'Okay I'm sorry. I did wrong. Forgive me? Please?'

She's the reason sports sucks right now (to me). It's so 'dirty'. Imagine all of the athletes MJ 'beat' who could have gained the fame that she did. They would have been clean, and would have deserved the fame by doing it the right way.

CanadianChic
11-23-2007, 09:45 PM
Imagine all of the athletes MJ 'beat' who could have gained the fame that she did. They would have been clean, and would have deserved the fame by doing it the right way.

Well said. I can't stand cheaters. They are losers in life period and need to go crawl away somewhere out of our vision.

Tennis-Chris
11-23-2007, 10:06 PM
Poor Marion. She was only doing what Corporate America told her to do. She was only doing what her confidants told her to do. She was pressured into doping. She didn't want to do the wrong thing, other people made her do it. How can you hold someone accountable for their own actions? I think she should be able to keep all of her medals, cash, fame and records. It wasn't her fault.:mrgreen:

Leelord337
11-23-2007, 10:18 PM
I didn't even know who marion jones so i googled her...for those of you who don't know who she is look here
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=Marion+Jones&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

FuriousYellow
11-23-2007, 10:38 PM

That probably says more about your own forgiving nature that it does about Marion Jones' character.

As someone already pointed out, the only reason she went public is because she was going to have to admit to it in federal court. Even in her public "apology" she never admitted to doping, only to having lied to investigators about her steroid use.

10sfreak
11-24-2007, 05:46 AM
I feel sorry for her former team-mates who may now have to give up their medals because of her cheating...

richw76
11-24-2007, 07:42 AM
No, She got caught. As in life, business, and sports. You can take the calculated risk to cheat. If you get caught there are consequences.

I feel about as sorry for her as I did martha, or any other a-moral person that gets caught.

ananda
11-24-2007, 08:29 AM
i came into this thread thinking it was "Does anyone feel sorry for Marion Bartoli?" - it took me several posts to realize it was Jones !!! Had quite a shock -- Bartoli doping !!! :-)

ilovecarlos
11-24-2007, 08:46 AM
No...No....No....No...ummmm.....ahhhhhh.....No!

Mister G
11-24-2007, 10:31 AM
I have zero tolerance and sympathy for cheaters.

Could careless what happens to them (sorry if this sounds harsh)

BigDude
11-24-2007, 10:36 AM
I wouldn't say I have any real sympathy for her, but I don't think she should have to give any of the money back that the organizations are now asking for. They had their opportunity to test her then, and they paid her. It's hard for me to believe they can ask for their money back this many years after the fact.

NickC
11-24-2007, 10:39 AM
The only people I feel bad for are her relay teammates, who took no part in the cheating and now have to give up years of hard work and effort because of someone else's stupidity.

CAM178
11-24-2007, 12:51 PM
i came into this thread thinking it was "Does anyone feel sorry for Marion Bartoli?" - it took me several posts to realize it was Jones !!! Had quite a shock -- Bartoli doping !!! :-)

Judging by her size, I think the only doping that Bartoli might be doing is weed, followed by severe munchies.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
11-24-2007, 12:52 PM
Judging by her size, I think the only doping that Bartoli might be doing is weed, followed by severe munchies.

:lol::lol:

Leave Marion alone, weed is probably her way of dealing with the tension.

CAM178
11-24-2007, 01:07 PM

LMAO!!! Glad you liked my post. :)

richw76
11-24-2007, 02:05 PM

It worked for the Govonator.

jmsx521
11-24-2007, 05:27 PM
Well, she went through enough embarrassment already. It is enough that it is stuck in her head, and she might have to torment herself by thinking about it for the rest of her life. Look how vicious we are... we always want the guilty one to suffer (and be unforgiven).

Tempest344
11-25-2007, 02:23 PM
hell no......damn druggy