PDA

View Full Version : Dislocated Shoulder

DashaandSafin
11-24-2007, 02:33 PM
Have any of you any expierence in dislocated shoulders? I recently dislocated my left shoulder (im a righty) and I absolutly hate sitting there doing no activity. Its been almost 2 weeks now and I really want to get back playing. Do any of you have any exp. in this matter?

ANy help would be appreciated.

tbini87
11-24-2007, 03:19 PM
this happened to more than a few of my buddies during high school football. my brother also did it a few times, but his always popped right back in. how does it feel now that it is rested? in football you had to wear a brace to try to protect it, but i doubt they use them for tennis. at least it is not your dominant arm. just slowly get back into the swing of things, and don't rush it trying to play too early.

Steve Huff
11-24-2007, 08:29 PM
Yes, I did this too. I was lifting weights and dislocated my left shoulder. This was 3 or 4 years ago. It still doesn't work quite right, and I'll never have the strength that I once did. I don't dare lift heavy weights again. I was curling, then all the sudden I felt a crunch as my shoulder dislocated out the back of the joint. Occasionally, my arm locks up. I have to sling my arm in a circlular motion and hope it pops back into place. It happens sometimes while I'm driving. I put up with the pain until I can stop, get out of the car, and try to pop it back into place. I'm stubborn. I continued to play tennis. I couldn't lift my arm above my chest for months. I'd just toss the ball best I could (from the waist) to serve. I learned to hit a 1-handed backhand slice, mostly just to get me by until I could play 2-handed again. My Sports Med doc said he would operate had it happened to my dominate hand, but suggested therapy to make it usable again. Since I was 47 at the time, that's what I did.

DashaandSafin
11-26-2007, 11:42 AM
Oh wow Steve..you must have done it bad then... Well I was lightly working out yesterday and running and it felt fine so ill see if I can hit soon. Hopefully it wont be too bad. Im 19 btw.