PDA

View Full Version : "The Office" Marathon

Shahar26
11-25-2007, 07:53 AM
I have decided to spend this Thanksgiving catching up on "The Office".

I have heard good things about it, but for some reason never got around to watching it.

I went on Netflix online and was happy to see they had season 1-3 for instant watch.

Man, what a great show (Steve Carell is the best) , I watched all 3 season in 2.5 days (watching them back to back is soooo much better than 1 episode a week).

I have a friend who looks (and acts) a lot like Jim, except he's balding...

I need to find a place to watch the 4th season ;)

JMS
11-25-2007, 07:56 AM
Haha i also spent some of my Thanksgiving break with an Office marathon. It is such a funny show :)

Freedom
11-25-2007, 03:28 PM
Definetly one of the best shows on TV. :D

Verilious
11-25-2007, 04:40 PM
Download the episodes.

Get BitComet (Or Limewire I guess...), go to Torrentz.com, type in the Office season 4, profit.

mhstennis100
11-25-2007, 04:55 PM
The Office is the best. To bad about the writers strike.

35ft6
11-25-2007, 05:58 PM
A huge fan of the British original, I was very skeptical of NBC's plans, and when I heard the first few seconds of the overblown theme music, I thought for sure my fears were about to be fully realized. But I was wrong and I'm so glad I was. The American version is great. Probably the best sitcom on TV right now. Blows away 30 Rock.

caesar66
11-25-2007, 06:52 PM
just go to nbc.com and watch the full episodes online

Shahar26
11-25-2007, 07:16 PM
just go to nbc.com and watch the full episodes online

They only have the last 5 episodes....

Nuke
11-26-2007, 04:14 AM
I like the US version of The Office, but I liked the British series better. Only a dozen or so episodes and it comes to a real end with the Christmas specials. That's the problem with American shows -- when they have a hit on their hands, they have to hold up on the continuing story arc and just keep stalling. And then, if the show finally gets cancelled, the viewers are often cheated out of the ending they have been waiting for. The British shows are usually written by one writer (not a rotating team, as in the US) who keeps the story moving to its end.

PimpMyGame
11-26-2007, 04:15 AM
Yeah, if you haven't watched the British episodes do yourselves a favour and go for it. Very funny stuff.

Trinity
11-26-2007, 01:50 PM
I've only ever seen the British original which I thought was fantastic. I've thought about getting the US version on DVD a few times but for one reason or another haven't. Does it compare well?

35ft6
11-26-2007, 05:24 PM
I've only ever seen the British original which I thought was fantastic. I've thought about getting the US version on DVD a few times but for one reason or another haven't. Does it compare well?Yes, very well.

In the latest season, it sometimes seems even more like the British version. Lots of dark moments in some of the earlier episodes (like when Pam and Jim when to Dwight's beet farm... creepy) and some genuine drama. This season is very strong, and I'm glad they're not focusing on Pam and Jim so much.