PDA

View Full Version : question on computer/printer

abenguyen
11-25-2007, 10:08 PM
so i'm trying to print. everytime i try its gives me the small windows error report saying "Spooler SubSystem App had to close down" i can't fix it and i need to print stuff for school. any help to fix it is greatly appreciated

thehustler
11-26-2007, 12:15 AM
What OS? Have you tried reinstalling the printer yet? Restarting the print spooler? If you're in XP go to Start -> Run then type in services.msc and hit ok. Scroll down until you see the Print Spooler listing. Double click it and stop the service. Wait about 10 seconds and then start it again. Let me know if this fixes it.

StealthGnome
11-26-2007, 12:24 AM
If it doesn't work, get a friend to print it out. Fix it later. Get some sleep.

abenguyen
11-26-2007, 03:04 PM
If it doesn't work, get a friend to print it out. Fix it later. Get some sleep.

lol yea tried that. i do need sleep but i ended up sleeping at 1:30 a.m. it ended up printing like 30 minutes later but is still being dumb today

abenguyen
11-26-2007, 03:13 PM
What OS? Have you tried reinstalling the printer yet? Restarting the print spooler? If you're in XP go to Start -> Run then type in services.msc and hit ok. Scroll down until you see the Print Spooler listing. Double click it and stop the service. Wait about 10 seconds and then start it again. Let me know if this fixes it.

yea i have XP. i reinstalled the printer driver and everything and it won't work. i know its the something wrong with the spooler but i don't know how to turn it off. i'll try what you said real quick. thanks

well turns out it didn't change anything. when i turned the printer on it gave me the message again. when i went file, print, it gave me the message again. do i need to restart the computer?

thehustler
11-26-2007, 05:58 PM
Try this:

Uninstall the printer driver first

Delete the install folder of the drivers

Stop the print spooler

Reboot

Restart the print spooler

Go to the manufacturers website and download the latest printer drivers and any fixes for it

Install them

Reboot

Also search on the website for the error message that you're getting. There might be a specific fix for it. Let me know how this works out for you.

angharad
11-26-2007, 06:20 PM
It can actually be caused by a virus or trojan - do a virus scan and see if anything pops up.

abenguyen
11-26-2007, 06:29 PM
It can actually be caused by a virus or trojan - do a virus scan and see if anything pops up.

i did an adware thing and nothing showed up. i don't have the time right now for virus scan but i'll try sometime soon

abenguyen
11-26-2007, 06:30 PM
Try this:

Uninstall the printer driver first

Delete the install folder of the drivers

Stop the print spooler

Reboot

Restart the print spooler

Go to the manufacturers website and download the latest printer drivers and any fixes for it

Install them

Reboot

Also search on the website for the error message that you're getting. There might be a specific fix for it. Let me know how this works out for you.

thanks i'll try that when i can