PDA

View Full Version : What do you think is the Coolest Looking Shot in Tennis?

Leelord337
11-26-2007, 07:02 PM
This is a thread about what the coolest looking shots are in tennis.

I pick the acute angle forehand from the baseline. (where the ball lands inside the service box and the player is pulled outside of the doubles alley if they tried for the ball)

TokyopunK
11-26-2007, 07:06 PM
A cool looking shot is when you are playing doubles and you smash it right at the opponent's net person and hit them in the face and then their glasses fly off and land on your head and you are wearing their glasses.

Klatu Verata Necktie
11-26-2007, 07:17 PM
A cool looking shot is when you are playing doubles and you smash it right at the opponent's net person and hit them in the face and then their glasses fly off and land on your head and you are wearing their glasses.

That one is cool, but it's a bit routine to be considered anything special ;)

I would have voted for the "running forehand winner" if it had been an option.

TheShaun
11-26-2007, 08:06 PM
i pick the effortless looking one handed backhand winner.

Tennis-Chris
11-26-2007, 08:13 PM
A BIG forehand down the line - winna winna chicken dinner!:mrgreen:

ShcMad
11-26-2007, 09:09 PM
Either a laser-like backhand down the line by Safin or a slightly inside-out backhand by Nalbandian would do it for me.

D-Bomb
11-26-2007, 10:38 PM
the poll doesn't have this but on a consistent basis i still think the backhand overhead trumps ALL.

chess9
11-27-2007, 02:12 AM
the poll doesn't have this but on a consistent basis i still think the backhand overhead trumps ALL.

This gets my vote, especially when leaping and turned backwards. Timing and balance are critical.

Hitting between the legs is not hard to do. It's hard to win the point hitting between the legs, however. ;)

-Robert

Loco4Tennis
11-27-2007, 03:23 AM
A BIG forehand down the line - winna winna chicken dinner!:mrgreen:

yeah i'll have a plate of this as well plzz, agree!!

Hot Sauce
11-27-2007, 03:26 PM
I like the Sampras overhead and the passing shots.

westside
11-27-2007, 04:47 PM
One handed back hand, down the line, on the run

tbini87
11-27-2007, 06:22 PM
i love seeing the short angle shots, and hitting them (very rarely) is also awesome. i also had to vote for the ivan shot right at opponent. though i don't personally use the shot, i enjoy seeing it from time to time (and actually don't really mind having it used against me...).

Leelord337
11-28-2007, 10:16 PM
i love seeing the short angle shots, and hitting them (very rarely) is also awesome. i also had to vote for the ivan shot right at opponent. though i don't personally use the shot, i enjoy seeing it from time to time (and actually don't really mind having it used against me...).

I have to agree, nothing cooler than the angled shots. Watch Nadal hit this awesome angle in this video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BgIRvlyWjjY

firstservethenvolley
11-28-2007, 10:19 PM
the diving finishing shot at the net.
not even diving, the ones that need full stretch are awesome. after that, forehand down the line.

shwetty[tennis]balls
11-29-2007, 08:36 AM

Yeah, I hit this shot all the time!

jmsx521
11-29-2007, 08:53 AM
Have you people seen the overhead-forehand? I've seen Roddick and some other players do it on practice. I've tried it too and it's interesting to hit. You swing the racket more like a whip, rather than a serve or forehand.

tennisthehilife
11-29-2007, 01:44 PM
I like watching Fabrice Santaro.
I voted for behind the back.

I also like Between the legs and a really well placed drop shot.

35ft6
11-29-2007, 02:26 PM
One handed backhand.

RoddickAce
11-29-2007, 02:28 PM
Running one-handed backhand passing shot with so much sidespin that it curls out and comes back in.

Gmedlo
11-29-2007, 02:34 PM
The coolest looking shot is anything that has ever touched the magical racquet of Fabrice Santoro.

Mick
11-29-2007, 02:58 PM
the service ace.

pabletion
11-29-2007, 08:05 PM
c'mon you cant compare the flying overhead smash of Sampras vs Roddicks.... Pete was the king at that.....

Have you seen the vid on y o u t u b e Agassi vs Sampras, on Hannover 99, Sampras slam dunks twice in the same point.... so cool

Leelord337
11-29-2007, 11:58 PM
c'mon you cant compare the flying overhead smash of Sampras vs Roddicks.... Pete was the king at that.....

Have you seen the vid on y o u t u b e Agassi vs Sampras, on Hannover 99, Sampras slam dunks twice in the same point.... so cool

post that video

morten
11-30-2007, 01:24 AM
IMO backhand smash ala Rafter, i even love the backhand slice.

AlpineCadet
11-30-2007, 02:26 AM
By far, the coolest looking shot in tennis which isn't on the list BTW, for me, is the one-legged two handed backhand. Safin/Canas do it best.

Bud
11-30-2007, 08:58 AM
That one is cool, but it's a bit routine to be considered anything special ;)

I would have voted for the "running forehand winner" if it had been an option.

This happened to me just yesterday. We're looking for shots that are somewhat rare. :twisted:

BiGGieStuFF
11-30-2007, 09:18 AM
The smash off a smash.

slice bh compliment
11-30-2007, 10:46 AM
I'm voting for the 'Over the shoulder Agassi style shot'. I love cracking that shot, and with all due re5pek to Dre, I liked that shot better in 1972 ... when it was called the Bucharest Backfire. Yeah, that is a nod to Ilie Nastase.

And while I am representing the old school, why not mention that the tweener was originally known as that between the legs lob retrieval a la Yannick Noah and Gaby Sabatini (The Sabatweeny).

And Lew Hoad or Rodney George Laver hitting a one-handed topspin backhand swing volley on the way to the net in dubs.

And Johnny Mac hitting a weak stab volley or approach...then guessing right as he turns a laser-like pass into a dropvolley winner.