PDA

View Full Version : What do you want for Christmas!?!?

TokyopunK
11-26-2007, 09:24 PM
So what do you guys all want for XMas besides some new tennis racquets of course! I basically want a recording studio program for my computer so I can make some better music and make the next coolest indie band!

Oh and also............

This Christmas time there's just one thing I want.
It top's it all, it's better than eggnog.
It's cold outside, my boots are full of snow.
I'm just hoping for some mistletoe.

You can take these presents, underneath my tree,
You can take this awesome scarf my grandma made for me,
You can take these boxes, tied up with string,
'Cause all I want for Christmas is the girl of my dreams.

crazy8tiger
11-26-2007, 09:36 PM
So what do you guys all want for XMas besides some new tennis racquets of course! I basically want a recording studio program for my computer so I can make some better music and make the next coolest indie band!

Oh and also............

If I could choose a present and it was guaranteed to be true, I'd pick the same.

Tennis-Chris
11-26-2007, 09:40 PM
For Christmas I want to trade my 645 for an M6, White with Camel Interior.:mrgreen:

10s talk
11-26-2007, 09:41 PM
Maria K...............

Freedom
11-26-2007, 09:59 PM

Oh and also............

Is that a leak of your first Indie hit? ;)

Federer's pet goat Leanne
11-26-2007, 10:00 PM
new comfy shoes... and some overgrips.

Feņa14
11-26-2007, 10:26 PM
Nothing this year, I really can't think of anything.

All I want is for a Chelsea victory in the Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow on the 21'st May 2008.

Champions of Europe would do for me.

Phil
11-26-2007, 10:43 PM
I wanna see one of these suckers parked under my tree...

http://www.a-10.org/photos/p.asp?FileName=a10%2Dx%2Ejpg

Swissv2
11-26-2007, 10:43 PM
Asian K90, Adidas IV shanghai special ed, Stringing machine, 6 month membership into the local tennis club (with the indoor court).

Now you may say "why not just buy it?" but thats what I would like to recieve for Christmas. :mrgreen:

UW_Husky88
11-27-2007, 07:03 AM
"all I want for Christmas, is you"

gerikoh
11-27-2007, 07:21 AM
a tennis court with a roof and a wall plus a ball machine :D

Mister G
11-27-2007, 07:47 AM
I wanna see one of these suckers parked under my tree...

http://www.a-10.org/photos/p.asp?FileName=a10%2Dx%2Ejpg

Good taste, though it would have to be a rather large tree :)

If I could choose, I would have this:

http://attach.high-g.net/attachments/91-0341_52fw_jmelampy.jpg

The old mans been promising it to me for my birthday/christmas since I was 10... that was nearly 2 decades ago...

Seriously though, its been a dream of mine for 13 years to have this:

http://www.autolike.com.cn/newspic/060519/252.jpg

But I'd probably settle for:

http://www.hobbyworks.com/images/media/tam57763.jpg

:oops:

quest01
11-27-2007, 10:01 AM
a tennis court with a roof and a wall plus a ball machine :D

That would probably be my number 1 choice. I wonder how much that would cost to build a tennis court..

shintan17
11-27-2007, 10:40 AM
That would probably be my number 1 choice. I wonder how much that would cost to build a tennis court..

I heard the hardcourt is very expensive, but obviously clay and grass need maintenance, too..that's why everyone goes for the hardcourt...maybe a few hundreds thousand $ would do, I heard.

GRANITECHIEF
11-27-2007, 10:52 AM
If Santa doesn't bring me this:

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2008-lamborghini-reventon/391152/full/

Then this would be nice:

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2008-nissan-gt-r-live-reveal/454772/full/

MTChong
11-27-2007, 11:01 AM

Then this would be nice:

I definitely agree with your pic(k)s -- the Nissan GT-R looks smoking, and in light of the estimated price it'll sell for, it'll be a [relative] steal!

Phil, good to hear I'm not the only one who wants a fighter-class jet. I want a Raptor =(

tbini87
11-27-2007, 01:21 PM
most of my list is filled with tennis gear i "need" for the upcoming season (barricade ivs, reel of pro supex big ace, possibly some sticks). the rest is cold weather clothing because i will be moving from San Diego to Chico, CA next year.

LuckyR
11-27-2007, 03:04 PM
I definitely agree with your pic(k)s -- the Nissan GT-R looks smoking, and in light of the estimated price it'll sell for, it'll be a [relative] steal!

Phil, good to hear I'm not the only one who wants a fighter-class jet. I want a Raptor =(

Price... great. Curb weight: 3800lbs... not really to my taste.

BTW the A-10 is a ground attack plane, not a fighter...

jmsx521
11-27-2007, 03:16 PM
TokyoPunk wants a CD cover design for his band. I know that for a fact.

Also, don't make any mistakes when you purchase software for audio. How serious are you about it… if you buy cheap software, you’ll end up regretting once you want to advance. If you’re serious about pro audio, I’d suggest invest in a MAC G5 + Logic Audio or Pro Tools with it... plus expensive monitors, more software and more hardware. We are talking about $10,000 TokyoPunk! I’ve used Pro Tools, and I’d say it’s easier to use than Logic, but both can get very complicated. Plus, you need hard-ware as well and good microphones for recording are a must... plus many other devices, all totaling up to $10,000 at least.

drakulie
11-27-2007, 03:23 PM
A woman who is fine as hell and has no voice box.

GRANITECHIEF
11-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Price... great. Curb weight: 3800lbs... not really to my taste.

Yeah that massive curb weight makes it pretty slow eh?

jmsx521
11-27-2007, 03:34 PM
I don't get any gifts, but I might buy myself a Fahrenheit Cologne, since I am a cologne collector.
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=fahrenheit+cologne&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

LuckyR
11-27-2007, 03:52 PM
Yeah that massive curb weight makes it pretty slow eh?

Never said slow. It's scary fast and even quick (if launched right), I'm more into handling than speed that's all. Personal preference...

GRANITECHIEF
11-27-2007, 04:11 PM
Never said slow. It's scary fast and even quick (if launched right), I'm more into handling than speed that's all. Personal preference...

I think i read that it posted a better lap time at a prestigious track than a 911 Turbo.

What do you prefer?

xtremerunnerars
11-27-2007, 06:12 PM
I think i read that it posted a better lap time at a prestigious track than a 911 Turbo.

What do you prefer?

I saw that too^

I want

new gauges for my car (reverse glowage)
tennis club membership (mine expired)
uber cell phone battery
more protein powder
guitar hero 3 cuz it owns
texting on my phone plan
mad gab
smartass (game)

mucat
11-27-2007, 06:12 PM

You want me to sweep with you?

I don't want to sweep alone.

mucat
11-27-2007, 06:14 PM

You want me to sweep with you?

I don't want to sweep alone.

No exactly the same, but...

StealthGnome
11-27-2007, 09:59 PM
Zune 80.

Sexy.

Strawberry
11-27-2007, 10:31 PM
A shortboard, snowboard boots, and some new racquets.

shwetty[tennis]balls
11-27-2007, 10:37 PM
My two front teeth.

StealthGnome
11-27-2007, 10:42 PM
balls;1907021']My two front teeth.

Ouch. What happened?

westside
11-27-2007, 10:43 PM
Jessica Alba

but will settle for Megan Fox :D

richw76
11-27-2007, 10:44 PM
A ball machine, or what Drak said :-)

shwetty[tennis]balls
11-27-2007, 10:46 PM
Ouch. What happened?
It was a joke, you know- like the song: All I want for christmas is my two front teeth...
I actually have all of my pearly whites.

mrDamien
11-28-2007, 03:26 AM
To setup disco party at White House. Free entrance free parking.

Tempest344
11-28-2007, 04:30 AM
a monsterload of beer and spirits

CanadianChic
11-28-2007, 05:02 AM
What do I want for Christmas? The things I want but know I won't get are:

- A new diabetic drug which my cat could take in lieu of needle injections every day - a pill even.

- A water wall and a moving scenery screen (both of which are impossible in my apartment).

- A gift that only one person in the world could give, yet won't make the effort either out of fear or disinterest, or else is unaware that this is the one thing I want.

- The beautiful open amethyst standing near the entrance of The Crystal Ark in Granville Island, Vancouver.

Other than that, I want new bathroom towels, a new kettle (I burnt my last one) and a bottle of Ylang Ylang perfume. My wants are simple.

tennisthehilife
11-28-2007, 07:33 AM
A Twist Serve.

Actually, and realistically, I just want to be able to play my best all the time, matches w/o regrets.

LuckyR
11-28-2007, 12:15 PM

What do you prefer?

Well, at 183 inches long and 75 inches wide and 3832 lbs the GT-R is likely to handle like the M6 (191/73/3909). Both great cars and are really great competition for one another. Neither is my optimal ride.

My preference would be more in the direction of the Exige S. 149 inches long, 68 wide and 2000 lbs soaking wet. Neither of the other two could touch it's 1.08 skidpad, although they could blow by it on the highway. Unfortunately the Lotus is unavailable with side impact airbags and other amenities that start to weigh on your mind in my age group, so I don't own one.

As a compromise I'm driving something in the: 174/69/3177 range...

GRANITECHIEF
11-28-2007, 03:06 PM
Hey LuckyR,

I sure wish i could join you for a cold frosty after the matches this weekend. And it would be a blast to head up there in a Lotus especially in some tight curvy sections. Although with street tires i think that 1.08g (sticky racing slicks on) is going to be about equal to the 1.0g of the GTR.

Either one sure would be a fabulous present!!!

TokyopunK
12-01-2007, 08:52 PM
25 more days!!!!

tbini87
12-01-2007, 09:33 PM
^^ tokyopunk is on top of it! i was some good grades on my upcoming finals along with the other stuff! i would be VERY happy with getting a yonex RQIS tour too!

Leelord337
12-01-2007, 11:34 PM
my two front teeth

my_forehand
12-02-2007, 05:03 AM
Nothing this year, I really can't think of anything.

All I want is for a Chelsea victory in the Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow on the 21'st May 2008.

Champions of Europe would do for me.

Nope, that's reserved for Arsenal.
Chelsea can have the Carling :)

Andres
12-02-2007, 08:33 AM

Oh and also............

TP, email me and I'll send you the software. Andresguazzelli@hotmail.com
Btw, a multitrack recording software won't make you do better music. Being a good musician makes you do better music. The rest is just incidental ;)

jmsx521
12-02-2007, 08:41 AM
What kind of multitrack recording are you going to do Andres Guazzelli? Is it your first time, or have you done that before? There are issues to be touched before you even try to buy anything. The audio forums would be a good place to talk to people. It also depends if you are on MAC or PC.

racquet_jedi
12-02-2007, 09:15 AM
I would want money. Just buttloads of money and sackloads of money with jars filled with quarters and just stacks of dollar bills.

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

But seriously, I never get any money to spend for myself to get what I really want, I have to use all the money my parents give me (which is usually only $20 for every week or two) for lunch...

max
12-02-2007, 09:16 AM
More junk to throw in the basement.

TW CSR
12-02-2007, 11:55 AM
Well I already have the girl of my dreams so I guess I can't really ask for much. I'll probably ask for some car stuff. A new wastegate, downpipe and a short throw shifter are all on my list this year. My gf hates buying me anything car related so I'll probably get some clothes from her.

chlsmo
12-02-2007, 08:45 PM

I thought you'd opt for no gag reflex...

adams_1
12-02-2007, 08:59 PM
My list of wants isn't huge.

Pearl Jam's "Immagine in Cornice" DVD is something I really want to get. There's a few albums i'd like. Thats about it.

Oh, and better groundies. And serve.

theace21
12-02-2007, 09:35 PM

The wish of every married man....

CanadianChic
12-02-2007, 09:39 PM
I thought you'd opt for no gag reflex...

Nope, actually Drak is a gentleman and respects the females on this forum. Too bad you aren't such a gentleman. :mad:

CanadianChic
12-02-2007, 09:40 PM
25 more days!!!!

23 more days and still so much to do!!!

Tennis-Chris
12-02-2007, 09:42 PM
23 more days and still so much to do!!!

23 days and I haven't started my Christmas shopping yet. Uh-Oh!:shock:

CanadianChic
12-02-2007, 09:46 PM
23 days and I haven't started my Christmas shopping yet. Uh-Oh!:shock:

Ha! I am about half finished and will wrap it all up (literally) this weekend. Then I can sit back and enjoy the lights and music without the anxiety taking over what little space the materialism has left. ;)

tbini87
12-02-2007, 09:49 PM
^^ i am done with my shopping, but haven't even started wrapping. i don't do that until about 2 weeks away, and right now i am trying to focus on some upcoming finals!

VAmazona
12-02-2007, 10:16 PM
A good career!

CanadianChic
12-02-2007, 11:03 PM
^^ i am done with my shopping, but haven't even started wrapping. i don't do that until about 2 weeks away, and right now i am trying to focus on some upcoming finals!

Well, good luck with the studying and no worries...if all else fails - gift bags my friend. ;)

A good career!

I like the sig!

StealthGnome
12-03-2007, 11:39 PM
Good thing I don't give presents out. =D

origmarm
12-04-2007, 12:48 AM
Sleep (10)

blitzmage_89
12-04-2007, 01:02 AM
im gonna do xmas shopping next week.

1. Yonex RDS003
2. Mizuno Tennis Shoes
3. Panasonic MP3 player.
4. Passing grade for all my university subjects.
----------------
The little bit impossible wishes:

1. Panasonic Toughbook laptop
----------------
The REALLY impossible wish:

1. A pretty young girl who will join our tennis club. My club is full of middle aged rich fat guys. Yes there are girls but when ur with them the tennis club feels like "Planet of the Apes"

ShiroRm
12-04-2007, 01:53 AM
a part from books,
a (silver, long) "bookworm" bookshelf by Kartell and Arkanoid (+ paddle controller) for my ds

Duzza
12-04-2007, 02:15 AM
Some books on poker (already got the best 2)
Some new tennis shoes
A Wii would be great!!!

Wuornos
12-04-2007, 04:55 AM
To see my brother again who passed away last christmas. :cry:

Andres
12-04-2007, 05:16 AM
What kind of multitrack recording are you going to do Andres Guazzelli? Is it your first time, or have you done that before? There are issues to be touched before you even try to buy anything. The audio forums would be a good place to talk to people. It also depends if you are on MAC or PC.
I'm an Audio Engineer. Since I doubt TokyoPunk is on a Mac, I'll recommend the Steinberg Combo: Nuendo / Cubase SX. The free version of Pro Tools isn't as recommendable as a full Steinberg platform. Working with Waves! plug-ins with a PC platform is almost as good as working on a Mac. I have a couple of RTASŪ-to-VST converters, so I can use ProTools plugins in a PC based software :)

Andres
12-04-2007, 05:18 AM
Bt the way, it was Tokyopunk the one asking for the programs. I was offering him some advice ;)

CanadianChic
12-04-2007, 05:42 AM

Wuornos, I am so sorry to hear that. I wish I could give that to you. It certainly puts everything in perspective and should make all of us appreciate what we already have. Peace~CC

Wuornos
12-04-2007, 06:00 AM
Wuornos, I am so sorry to hear that. I wish I could give that to you. It certainly puts everything in perspective and should make all of us appreciate what we already have. Peace~CC

Thanks CanadianChic.

Your kind words are appreciated.

Take care.

Tim

ShiroRm
12-04-2007, 08:56 AM

I'm :( along with you for what happened

LuckyR
12-04-2007, 11:30 PM
Hey LuckyR,

I sure wish i could join you for a cold frosty after the matches this weekend. And it would be a blast to head up there in a Lotus especially in some tight curvy sections. Although with street tires i think that 1.08g (sticky racing slicks on) is going to be about equal to the 1.0g of the GTR.

Either one sure would be a fabulous present!!!

Yeah, the weather was pretty bad after the Cup matches. My wife actually dropped me off for the Saturday doubles since there was the threat of snow/ice (didn't happen though). I've got Pilot Alpins on but up here there is no shortage of terrible drivers.

ShooterMcMarco
12-05-2007, 12:04 AM

Then this would be nice:

You have great taste Granite. The new GT-R is pretty sweet, although I still prefer the R34 over it in terms of the exterior.

I'm not sure what I want for xmas yet...

GRANITECHIEF
12-05-2007, 09:20 AM
Santa just brought me an early Christmas present:

Giant perfect waves!!!!!

Here is a couple shots, only the first 3 are good, the others are from a different day.

http://santabarbara.craigslist.org/rnr/499266402.html

Serve em Up
12-05-2007, 10:05 AM
I would like my family to be healthy in the coming year.

I would like to successfully complete a marathon.

If Santa was so inclined, I would like a roadster. Maybe something along the lines of a Z4.

Or maybe a Daisy Red Ryder Range Model Air Rifle.

hyogen
12-05-2007, 10:51 AM
that GT-R is out of control. saw it in person at LA auto show.

I've become a HUGE car/driving enthusiast after i learned driving stick at at almost 24. I'm 25. haha.. a month after I learned, I bought a new Mazda RX-8....incredibly fun and wicked handling car. I decided the new Civic Si would be a better choice for me and I traded it in after 4 months. I've had it for over a year now and I absolutely love it every day. If you guys want an economy car that is very peppy and handles extremely well (I don't miss my RX-8 too much), check out the Si. After driving these cars and test driving many other ones (and taking driving school, etc) I really can't see myself drive a FAST car like the EVO or STI. I don't like the jerkiness of boosted cars. I love the high screaming high rpm engines of the RX-8, Si, S2000, type R, etc.. -_- I'd even choose my Si over the Mazdaspeed 3!

Now for my christmas list:

1. fix my car bumper and A/C from minor wreck :(

2. 2 of the same new racquet...maybe the RQIS 1 tour, or POG longbody..
Basically, I want 2 magic wands.

3. Some money to pay for several snowboarding lift tickets, etc.

4. Some money to play paintball (what I used to be into before I got back into tennis). I <3 tennis much more

5. A puppy dog....maybe a Jack Russell Terrier -_- Basically a really easy to take care of, easy to manage, smart dog (I know a Jack Russell may be too demanding)

6. more money to take out my girlfriend to eat more often. She is an eating machine -_- My friends and I joke about how "I have to go feed her". haha

Shahar26
12-05-2007, 11:53 AM
Wii Wii Wii

ShooterMcMarco
12-05-2007, 02:00 PM
http://img474.imageshack.us/img474/1209/14622672nq5.jpg

hyogen
12-05-2007, 02:59 PM
who is that? Yikes!!

ShooterMcMarco
12-05-2007, 03:11 PM
who is that? Yikes!!

Victoria's Secret model Miranda Kerr :shock:

LanEvo
12-05-2007, 06:42 PM
i want a klippermate stringing machine for christmas

LanEvo
12-05-2007, 06:43 PM

shes hot but i think adriana lima is wayyyyyyyyy hotter

tbini87
12-05-2007, 09:23 PM
Some books on poker (already got the best 2)
Some new tennis shoes
A Wii would be great!!!

you a poker player? which books do you have at the moment? i have read plenty of good ones, and a few that were only average. i am just glad that i have found a new passion (tennis!) that will keep me in better shape than poker ever did!

Duzza
12-06-2007, 02:58 AM
you a poker player? which books do you have at the moment? i have read plenty of good ones, and a few that were only average. i am just glad that i have found a new passion (tennis!) that will keep me in better shape than poker ever did!

Harrington on Hold'em Part 1 by Dan Harrington
Small Stakes Poker by David Sklansky

Also been reading snippets of Supersystem in a PDF, but it's really not the same.

mmuubb
12-06-2007, 10:44 AM
I just want to get better at my dream job, which i have recently achieved after so many years of hard work:)

GRANITECHIEF
12-06-2007, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the early present Santa:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py45GDvGQlQ

richw76
12-06-2007, 11:04 AM
I just want to get better at my dream job, which i have recently achieved after so many years of hard work:)

Congrats!! Achieving "Dream Job" is a beautiful thing. I'm at pretty good/don't mind going to work status, but that'll be good enough for now ;-)

But I hope I can get dream job too one day :-)

hyogen
12-06-2007, 11:41 AM
shes hot but i think adriana lima is wayyyyyyyyy hotter

adriana lima indeed is hotter....but i'd still hit it

CanadianChic
12-06-2007, 11:56 AM

I'm sorry, what is it you'd hit? Your inflated ego into a brick wall? Hahaha. You guys slay me.

tbini87
12-06-2007, 11:58 AM
Harrington on Hold'em Part 1 by Dan Harrington
Small Stakes Poker by David Sklansky

Also been reading snippets of Supersystem in a PDF, but it's really not the same.

nice. i have read (and own) small stakes poker and supersystem II. have also read theory of poker by sklansky, but it wasn't an easy read mostly because i mostly play hold'em, and have almost no experience with any games other than holdem, omaha, and a tiny bit of stud. ace on the river by barry greenstein was ok. phil hellmuth's book is ok. i would highly recommend Professional Poker by Mark Blade if you ever wanted to try to play poker as a job or to really make money. have TONS of good tips about the lifestyle, and how to maximize your time and money making.

richw76
12-06-2007, 11:59 AM
I'm sorry, what is it you'd hit? Your inflated ego into a brick wall? Hahaha. You guys slay me.

Yep but we're like babies, Gotta Love us. :-) and Heck yeah to the last dude. ;-)

CanadianChic
12-06-2007, 12:02 PM
Yep but we're like babies, Gotta Love us. :-) and Heck yeah to the last dude. ;-)

Ahh, so very true. I am very used to male "locker room" speak so I just sit back and laugh. :)

ShooterMcMarco
12-06-2007, 12:03 PM
I've read Theory of Poker, both Super Systems and Hellmuth's book. Out of all, TOP was the most dense and pedantic. I think if you're intermediate or above you should read TOP. I heard Harrington on Hold'em was a good book.

CanadianChic
12-06-2007, 12:07 PM
I've read Theory of Poker

In all honesty SM was that an interesting read? Come on now...Theory of Poker? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ShooterMcMarco
12-06-2007, 12:26 PM
In all honesty SM was that an interesting read? Come on now...Theory of Poker? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No, it wasn't :| It was almost like watching paint dry

LuckyR
12-06-2007, 01:03 PM

Which one was you? It looks like some pretty consistent surf in the 4-7 ft range. Is that uncommon at those spots?

tbini87
12-06-2007, 01:29 PM
No, it wasn't :| It was almost like watching paint dry

yeah... that was how i felt too haha! if it was all geared specifically to hold'em it would have been much better (for me, atleast). but i guess that is why he wrote all his other books on hold'em. hellmuth's book was ok, but it did not have the depth of insight that other books have. besides, there is something about that guy that told me i couldn't justify buying his book! however, i have to agree with what i have heard that a good poker book is worth its weight in gold.

tbini87
12-06-2007, 01:32 PM

too bad the quality is so bad, because those waves were awesome and that was some good footage! from what i hear the waves down here (san diego) and pretty large right now too!

hyogen
12-06-2007, 01:37 PM

Nope, anything that walks that has a skirt...and is not a male.

I'm chuckling myself--only on ONLINE boards would i talk with as much chauvinism.

you GOTTA love shows like "Married..With Children".

And you're right, I can only hope to have enough ego to walk up to that chick and be like..."Come with me, if you want to live"

and then I can be like....."I'm sorry I was so rude earlier....it's just hard for me to express myself...when I'm on the verge of exploding in my pants."

ShooterMcMarco
12-06-2007, 01:41 PM
yeah... that was how i felt too haha! if it was all geared specifically to hold'em it would have been much better (for me, atleast). but i guess that is why he wrote all his other books on hold'em. hellmuth's book was ok, but it did not have the depth of insight that other books have. besides, there is something about that guy that told me i couldn't justify buying his book! however, i have to agree with what i have heard that a good poker book is worth its weight in gold.

You know, as big as Phil's ego is, I thought the book was an easy read for a beginning player (like myself at the time). Funny thing is, I bought the book after I lost 100 in a 4-8 table as a complete noob. The next week, I entered a tournament and ended up winning 3rd after reading his book. No joke either, and no, I am not Phil Hellmuth or a friend of his. His book outlines some basic strategies that was easy to digest and understand even as a newbie. But yeah, it wasn't too in depth, but it served as a decent primer for more advanced ones.

Lakoste
12-06-2007, 01:48 PM
Keyport Slide (http://www.key-port.com/)

Yeah, there really isn't anything that I want that I already don't have, hence why the item that tops my Christmas List is a Universal Key FOB.

richw76
12-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Keyport Slide (http://www.key-port.com/)

Yeah, there really isn't anything that I want that I already don't have, hence why the item that tops my Christmas List is a Universal Key FOB.

Yeah my wife asked me this morning if I wanted anything. I told her my two front teeth. Because I don't really want anything. My rackets are fine and strung, I'm still a few months out for shoes, and it's to cold to play most days for me. I'm even all gadgeted out.

I can honestly say I don't want anything. I have a few would be nice things, but nothing that I actually want or care about.

ShooterMcMarco
12-06-2007, 02:01 PM
I spent too much money on snowboard equipment already, that was my xmas gift. Another pair of boarding socks will make a great gift :)

GRANITECHIEF
12-06-2007, 02:17 PM
Which one was you? It looks like some pretty consistent surf in the 4-7 ft range. Is that uncommon at those spots?

None were me, i just wanted to find something that showed the waves in the area. The sets were double overhead + in most areas, which is very unusual for this area. Rincon was tripleoverhead and guys were doing toe in at SeaStreet/Fairgrounds because it was too big to paddle out. This is the best swell for 2 years.

wao
12-06-2007, 02:19 PM

Then this would be nice:

That is way cool. Just wondering where in the states you could really drive it and have fun.

PimpMyGame
12-06-2007, 02:21 PM
I just want to have some time off work and to relax. I don't need anything else at the moment.

I got lucky and managed to buy my children a Wii. They don't think that one's coming so watching them open their presents will be enough for me.

GRANITECHIEF
12-06-2007, 02:37 PM
too bad the quality is so bad, because those waves were awesome and that was some good footage! from what i hear the waves down here (san diego) and pretty large right now too!

Here is a quick clip of footage i got with my digital camera. Little better quality..

http://s15.photobucket.com/player.swf?refURL=/&file=http://vid15.photobucket.com/albums/a356/granitechief/MVI_0897.flv&fs=1&os=1&ap=1

GRANITECHIEF
12-06-2007, 02:38 PM
That is way cool. Just wondering where in the states you could really drive it and have fun.

How about on the way to Scottsdale! HAHAHA!!

ShooterMcMarco
12-06-2007, 02:46 PM
Granite, question on snowboarding, do you find that de-tuning a brand new board toward the nose and tail makes it easier to ride by making it less "grabby" ?

Leelord337
12-06-2007, 02:56 PM

she looks like anime turned real life, :P

GRANITECHIEF
12-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Granite, question on snowboarding, do you find that de-tuning a brand new board toward the nose and tail makes it easier to ride by making it less "grabby" ?

I know that this is pretty common practice, but I don't do it. I find that the factory tuning jobs are usually pretty good. The only time i would do it is if i'm taking a new board onto very hard surface conditions, icy, etc... Or if it feels super grabby after trying it for the first time or two.

Snow starting to get good eh? Finally the Sierra's (Tahoe Mammoth) are getting a little. They were still mountain biking yesterday!! HAAHAHAHAHAH!! !

takl23
12-06-2007, 03:06 PM
An indoor trainer for my road bike so I don't super fat during the winter and will be able to race by April!

Cheers,

Tim

ShooterMcMarco
12-06-2007, 03:16 PM
I know that this is pretty common practice, but I don't do it. I find that the factory tuning jobs are usually pretty good. The only time i would do it is if i'm taking a new board onto very hard surface conditions, icy, etc... Or if it feels super grabby after trying it for the first time or two.

Snow starting to get good eh? Finally the Sierra's (Tahoe Mammoth) are getting a little. They were still mountain biking yesterday!! HAAHAHAHAHAH!! !

lol, yeah up here its been pretty stormy, so the passes have a nice blanket of snow now. I'm going up this saturday, I'm so excited! This is the first time I'll be snowboarding with my own equipment, yay for me :grin:

To de-tune, do I basically grab a gummi stone and scrape it across the edge?

GRANITECHIEF
12-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Gummi stone or fine sand paper not across the edge but along it.

Senator Jay Bullworth
12-06-2007, 03:59 PM
in 2008: "mp.3 Bullworth raps"

gray....fade to ......

Ever thought of an idle escape,
into back-tracking minds, like a game with a wheel,
Did ya ever pour out in yo' spare change time,
givin' 'bits' to all sorts; stealin' luv with a line?....
Promisin' gifts' to a fake you call you,
sayin' as of late: "I've made the chosen few"
Well then read my lips--don't listen to what I say,
it's not a rhetorical kiss..
..I've got nothin' to give away....

Just sing 'em the words,
Sing it strong,
Make them your 'new friends'
Say it's a song..

Playful boastin', 'bout whatcha know,
after you put it words, you call the Greatest Show,
you're a high-wire act, with a rap so low,
sayin' "THIS" about "THAT" ... givin' lovin' a go,
Baby you've been cryin' off the top' of yo' head,
after you put it to words, you've mumbled all you said,
Capped in bed you choose, trapped in bed you lose
What wuz servin' the booze...ya now find trapped o' top-of-you....

Just sing 'em the words,
Sing it strong....

Duzza
12-06-2007, 06:42 PM
nice. i have read (and own) small stakes poker and supersystem II. have also read theory of poker by sklansky, but it wasn't an easy read mostly because i mostly play hold'em, and have almost no experience with any games other than holdem, omaha, and a tiny bit of stud. ace on the river by barry greenstein was ok. phil hellmuth's book is ok. i would highly recommend Professional Poker by Mark Blade if you ever wanted to try to play poker as a job or to really make money. have TONS of good tips about the lifestyle, and how to maximize your time and money making.

Cool I will definitely look into that one. And as for the Sklansky's theory of poker I think I will just skip the parts I'm not familiar with when I read it. I only play Hold'em really and a little Omaha. Funny story was a few days ago I had just won 5 dollars in a Freeroll (4th out of 1500 (8)) and quickly entered a Sit n' Go tourney. First thing I didn't realise was that it was actually headsup. But it started out Limit Hold'em (I play NL) and was getting frustrated. Still took 2/3 of his chips and the game suddenly switched to Omaha. Ok....I thought and was still doing decently. All of a sudden, Limit Razz?!? What the hell is Razz I thought :| and I lost the tournament.

So how high a level were you playing? What stakes? Ever entered the WSOP? LOL.

I basically bought these two books because of decent online reviews, especially HOH's 1-3. Apparently another Sklansky book is the best ever (according to 2 site reviews). I think it's called Hold'em Poker for Advanced Players.

mhstennis100
12-06-2007, 07:06 PM
I'm asking for a ton of cd's mainly, a Texas A&M sweatshirt, a smoothiemaker and some other stuff.

lilxjohnyy
12-06-2007, 07:12 PM
www.tennisorbit.com

similar to facebook, but for tennis addicts :)

dude .. u want that for christmas... thats so gay. also stop posting it. its not a good site. ive been there

CanadianChic
12-06-2007, 07:13 PM
i just want to relax and sleep and go on a sunny holiday. my friend went to australia for med school and i'm working. we just met and she looks so tanned, so relaxed....so happy.

i want to flee for xmas, and go somewhere like that.

Why don't you flee off this forum and make everyone's Christmas merry?

CanadianChic
12-06-2007, 07:18 PM
Do you not realize that the more you irritate people, the less likely they are to ever check out the site? Have you ever considered that less is more? When I may have clicked on the link once all I want to do now is report you for annoying me!

LanEvo
12-06-2007, 08:05 PM

who wouldnt, gettin with any victoria's secret model is THE dream come tru

str33t
12-06-2007, 08:12 PM
I got a nice ping pong table as an early Christmas present. Just for those rainy days when I get the urge to play tennis but can't. :D

tbini87
12-06-2007, 10:35 PM
Cool I will definitely look into that one. And as for the Sklansky's theory of poker I think I will just skip the parts I'm not familiar with when I read it. I only play Hold'em really and a little Omaha. Funny story was a few days ago I had just won 5 dollars in a Freeroll (4th out of 1500 (8)) and quickly entered a Sit n' Go tourney. First thing I didn't realise was that it was actually headsup. But it started out Limit Hold'em (I play NL) and was getting frustrated. Still took 2/3 of his chips and the game suddenly switched to Omaha. Ok....I thought and was still doing decently. All of a sudden, Limit Razz?!? What the hell is Razz I thought :| and I lost the tournament.

So how high a level were you playing? What stakes? Ever entered the WSOP? LOL.

I basically bought these two books because of decent online reviews, especially HOH's 1-3. Apparently another Sklansky book is the best ever (according to 2 site reviews). I think it's called Hold'em Poker for Advanced Players.

i own sklanskys book for advanced players too, but am yet to read it. i actually decided not to because i was playing with horrible players, and the info in that book just wouldn't really apply to the games i was playing. i used to play about 5 times a week, and kept a decent bankroll. i was mostly playing nl holdem cash games (1-3), and would enter in some tournies when i could. i was able to finish 4th in a tourney and make over $325 on a $12 buy in. won't be entering the wsop any time soon though, and don't play as much as i used to!

KoreanHB
12-06-2007, 10:37 PM
hey guys push it all in with pocket rockets. i will crack those aces buddy

Breakaz54z
12-06-2007, 10:44 PM
I want this book called one minute manager.. very good book in my opinion and according to friends. Maybe Blake's breaking back? Anyone read it? I'd also want another racket or Mario Galaxy/Table Tennis for Wii but I don't really want to unless it's out of my own pocket. Considering my parents are covering 100% of my college expenses right now.

ChuDat
12-06-2007, 10:47 PM
i want a new tennis bag, 3 packs of tf x1 bi-phases 17 and money to buy a new racquet

Duzza
12-06-2007, 10:53 PM
i own sklanskys book for advanced players too, but am yet to read it. i actually decided not to because i was playing with horrible players, and the info in that book just wouldn't really apply to the games i was playing. i used to play about 5 times a week, and kept a decent bankroll. i was mostly playing nl holdem cash games (1-3), and would enter in some tournies when i could. i was able to finish 4th in a tourney and make over $325 on a $12 buy in. won't be entering the wsop any time soon though, and don't play as much as i used to!

Fair enough. I mostly play home games of about 8-10 people for 10bucks on the w/e. Fairly laid back game, but I want to take my game to the next level when I'm ready. I'm still 17 unfortunately, but in less than a month I will be hitting up Crown Casino :p.

Duzza
12-06-2007, 10:54 PM

I wouldn't push with aces unless I was desperately last anyway. And I will crack whateva you got :D

ShooterMcMarco
12-06-2007, 11:30 PM

Forget aces, deuces never loses :p

tbini87
12-07-2007, 02:43 AM
Fair enough. I mostly play home games of about 8-10 people for 10bucks on the w/e. Fairly laid back game, but I want to take my game to the next level when I'm ready. I'm still 17 unfortunately, but in less than a month I will be hitting up Crown Casino :p.

playing small, cheap games is the best way to go. play until you can beat that game regularly, and can start to make a little bankroll. make a few hundred in that game and build up some knowledge before you hit the casino. once you confident and have made enough in home games to play at the casino, then go for it! you will learn a lot from playing there (and depending on the game, there will be plenty of horrible players THROWING money away). just remember to only play with money you can lose, and if you lose it at the casino, get back to the home games and build your bankroll up again. i did this over and over again, and finally began consistently winning at the casino, and started building up a decent bankroll. make sure you keep it fun, and don't over do it. your friends, school, tennis, and family are much more important than poker, so keep it in perspective and good luck!

hyogen
12-07-2007, 09:24 AM
woot, we're getting a puppy dog today....

if we can't choose one today, it'll be within a week or so.

Jack russell terrier puppy dawwwg!

mrDamien
12-07-2007, 10:11 AM
Some chick.......Oooooooops its turkey time.