PDA

View Full Version : I proudly present - My car website!

dr_punk
11-27-2007, 05:16 PM
I've been working on this website for a while and also been test driving car after car, as well as taking tonssssssssss of pictures. Please check it out, as I have poured alot into it.

www.gearobi.com

let me know what you think :D

TokyopunK
11-27-2007, 07:09 PM
It's tight but I think the home page is a litttle too "loady""

I mean I have a fast connection but those pictures took a while and then that gangsta music "AKON IN DA HOUSE" just popped up out of no where and my speakers were on full blast and now my mom thinks im a gangsta.....omg.

But yeah its nice, hard to believe you made it alone! But thats good!

Are you a car expert, like with stereo stuff? Cuz if so I got a question for u!

dr_punk
11-27-2007, 08:20 PM
It's tight but I think the home page is a litttle too "loady""

I mean I have a fast connection but those pictures took a while and then that gangsta music "AKON IN DA HOUSE" just popped up out of no where and my speakers were on full blast and now my mom thinks im a gangsta.....omg.

But yeah its nice, hard to believe you made it alone! But thats good!

Are you a car expert, like with stereo stuff? Cuz if so I got a question for u!

Thanks

Actually it's me and my brother. He does most of the website stuff, and I handle the reviews, and pictures, as well as event coverage. I'm not entirely an expert on car audio, but what did you want to know?

TENNIS_IS_FUN
11-27-2007, 08:25 PM
Excellent Site! A couple things...

1.) Although the site appeared to be a bit "loady," as tokyopunk mentioned, when it did load, everything did at the same time so it wasn't that bad.
2.) The site looks good and professional, although I would take out the song playing in the background, it makes the site appear unprofessional.
3.) Other than that, the site looks great!

TokyopunK
11-27-2007, 08:34 PM
I just wanted to know that if my car had a stock "double deck" radio headunit, can I replace it with a single one since it is impossible to find double ones in stores?

Noveson
11-27-2007, 08:34 PM
That's really cool, I like the whole Limewire looking theme(grey, black, green).

dr_punk
11-28-2007, 07:59 AM
I just wanted to know that if my car had a stock "double deck" radio headunit, can I replace it with a single one since it is impossible to find double ones in stores?

more often than not, you can find an adapter for your unit. These are common and can be found online, or if you're lucky even at your local electronic store. But just google your car model and look for them.

dr_punk
11-28-2007, 07:59 AM
Thanks for the props guys

- I will try to take out the music or change the music type to something a bit more universal

dr_punk
12-01-2007, 10:18 AM
Hello all

I have recently put up two new reviews of the 2008 Nissan Altima coupe and the 2008 Volkswagen Rabbit. I plan on posting up two new reviews per week, so be on the lookout.

I've also taken off the music in lieu of our search for a good song that anyone can appreciate. If you have any suggestions, let me know through her or email me at sensate.gearobi@gmail.com.
You can also check out my personal page over at squidoo here (http://www.squidoo.com/gearobi).

Thanks!

esm
12-02-2007, 10:55 PM
looks alright...
there is one thing i have noticed with your pix... i can see your reflection.

yes you can if you really want to. the most difficult thing would be finding something to "fill" the extra space let behind my the double decker unit.

dr_punk
12-04-2007, 06:26 PM
looks alright...
there is one thing i have noticed with your pix... i can see your reflection.

yes you can if you really want to. the most difficult thing would be finding something to "fill" the extra space let behind my the double decker unit.

well, there IS a man behind the camera

esm
12-05-2007, 03:50 AM
well, there IS a man behind the camera
well... if you are serious about photography, then it is in your best interest not to show the man behind the camera in the photos.

dr_punk
12-05-2007, 05:20 AM
well... if you are serious about photography, then it is in your best interest not to show the man behind the camera in the photos.

I am serious about what I do. Thanks for the tip

richw76
12-06-2007, 12:50 PM

I didn't really see the reflections, It's cool. I read some of the Audi review. Your contents great. One hint to your brother.

I saw you are using wordpress as your CMS(Content Management System) it's good for Blogging. A more complete CMS like Joomla may give you more options. for layout etc.

Since he's already using wordpress he's used to php. Either way it looks great have fun with the site, and keep up the good work.

dr_punk
02-07-2008, 12:57 PM
Hey guys, sorry for the looooooooong bump, but there's alot of updates. First off, soooooo many reviews this past week, but a flow of about 2 car reviews is expected, and I have added 3 more editors to the site's repertoire. A new site is soon coming up, and alot of big things are coming up.

Bodacious DVT
02-07-2008, 02:03 PM
^^^dont know what they meant by being too "loady" - it loaded in about 2 seconds for me!

site looks great.

you guys should check out the VW GTI -- I <3 that car :D

Lakoste
02-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Instead of posting each full length article on the homepage, you should post a summary of it and a picture with a link to a different page that has the full article. I don't want to scroll through 25 pictures of a car I don't like.

PROTENNIS63
02-07-2008, 02:46 PM
Instead of posting each full length article on the homepage, you should post a summary of it and a picture with a link to a different page that has the full article. I don't want to scroll through 25 pictures of a car I don't like.

I agree. The look is nice though.

StealthGnome
02-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Very clean. I like the clear pictures.

dr_punk
02-07-2008, 05:50 PM

The new site will have this. Whats on it now is just a basic template from wordpress. Thanks for the input :)

dr_punk
02-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Very clean. I like the clear pictures.

thanks! just recently I found a much better way to upload my pictures without dramatically decreasing it's quality. Check out my flickr profile if you want to check out some more

dr_punk
02-07-2008, 05:51 PM
^^^dont know what they meant by being too "loady" - it loaded in about 2 seconds for me!

site looks great.

you guys should check out the VW GTI -- I <3 that car :D

will do, just might take some time since I drove the rabbit less than a month ago.

zapvor
02-07-2008, 07:01 PM
i checked it out back when you first posted. good site. pretty slick looking. the only thing that stuck out to me, which doesnt really matter is that i felt like you gave such a good reviews for all the cars, haha. i guess i am more picky in terms of cars.

dr_punk
02-08-2008, 01:07 AM
i checked it out back when you first posted. good site. pretty slick looking. the only thing that stuck out to me, which doesnt really matter is that i felt like you gave such a good reviews for all the cars, haha. i guess i am more picky in terms of cars.

In that case, you should check out the one I put up yesterday... If you notice, at the end of every review there is a user signature. Thats the author that is writing it, so i'm not always doing them. Another problem that is addressed in the new site.

zapvor
02-08-2008, 04:16 AM
ah ok. i didint check out the updates. good stuff

dr_punk
02-08-2008, 04:16 PM
ah ok. i didint check out the updates. good stuff

thank you, sir

Duzza
02-10-2008, 03:04 AM
Congrats on the site mate! It's very professionally done.

nickolaika
02-10-2008, 05:58 AM
Great website man. I wish mine looked as cool.

------
Nick www.36x78.com

dr_punk
02-10-2008, 07:58 AM
thanks a bunch guys. the next version of the site which is due out in about 3 weeks or so, is going to blow this one out of the water.

katastrof
02-10-2008, 08:28 AM
I've been working on this website for a while and also been test driving car after car, as well as taking tonssssssssss of pictures. Please check it out, as I have poured alot into it.

www.gearobi.com

Please get rid of that background ASAP. It makes the articles & links impossible to read. If the limewire thing is important to you, use it on a side scroll or menu or something.

dr_punk
02-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Please get rid of that background ASAP. It makes the articles & links impossible to read. If the limewire thing is important to you, use it on a side scroll or menu or something.

Yep. That background has been more harm than good, let me tell you. But we've talked about it already.

StealthGnome
02-10-2008, 10:51 PM
Do you take requests?
I'm not in the market for a new car but I'm just wondering.

dr_punk
02-11-2008, 08:32 AM
Do you take requests?
I'm not in the market for a new car but I'm just wondering.

That something thats going to be something huge on the next website. For now, its a little hard dealing with the dealerships, but let me know what you'd like and i'll try to get it for you.

chroix
02-11-2008, 09:34 AM
Impossible to read.

hyogen
02-11-2008, 10:02 AM
wow pontiac sure likes to copy other designs... that new G6 GT looks like the spittin image of an Altima Coupe in the back. the side profile as well.

gg.

their previous G6 was more modeled after a scion tC i think.

by the way, I like your site. well made, but the loading time in the beginning is quite slow -_-

will you make any $$ by doing this site?

dr_punk
02-11-2008, 11:32 AM
wow pontiac sure likes to copy other designs... that new G6 GT looks like the spittin image of an Altima Coupe in the back. the side profile as well.

gg.

their previous G6 was more modeled after a scion tC i think.

by the way, I like your site. well made, but the loading time in the beginning is quite slow -_-

will you make any $$ by doing this site?

Thanks - Yeah, pontiac sure likes to keep things safe. I would love to make some money through this site. It's all about page hits, so hopefully once I start promoting the site, I will be.

dr_punk
02-12-2008, 04:47 PM
for those who couldn't read the text before - now the problem should be solved. If not, let me know!

dr_punk
03-30-2008, 10:26 AM
Hey guys, just updated the site to its first working version. Next version will hopefully be out by the end of the year. Tell me what you think, and if you like it, spread the word!
www.gearobi.com (http://www.gearobi.com)

Vision84
03-30-2008, 10:54 AM
Looks a lot better and better organized. Good job.

One quick thing I noticed is I don't like how in your Honda review you have a paragraph in bold at top but then you have it again as the first paragraph in the review. The little abstract of the top should not be repeated. ;)

dr_punk
03-30-2008, 11:00 AM
Looks a lot better and better organized. Good job.

One quick thing I noticed is I don't like how in your Honda review you have a paragraph in bold at top but then you have it again as the first paragraph in the review. The little abstract of the top should not be repeated. ;)

a thousand thanks. complete amateur screw up on my part, and thanks for the feedback, i'd pay for it if i could