PDA

View Full Version : Friday's IW Report

sseemiller
03-20-2004, 02:11 AM
Post deleted.

sseemiller
03-20-2004, 02:14 PM
Again, I did a poll before the event and asked if folks wanted these reports. The majority said yes, and those who didn't want them said they would skip over them. I think you fall in the latter category, and should have done so. :lol: But of course you missed the background, since you just joined today. :wink:

Susan

boris becker 1
03-20-2004, 06:39 PM
keep posting the reprts I for one thought they were informative and in all of them you were being very humble and unbiased. If this silly person wants to throw insults around just ignore him

sseemiller
03-20-2004, 06:50 PM
Thanks, Boris. I did actually. But I purposely asked folks ahead of time if they wanted the reports, as I figured I'd get less-than-positive feedback. The reports we do are something that may not appeal to everyone, and I realize that.

But most folks said yes, and I posted them, and those who didn't get their vote counted are just out of luck. Perhaps when I offer to do reports the next time, you will vote me down, and that's fine. No need to do more work than necessary.

boris becker 1
03-20-2004, 06:56 PM
keep up the good work might run into you in delray live about 30 minutes from there

sseemiller
03-20-2004, 07:09 PM
Well, that would be cool. Just let me know, and e-mail me if you want to say hi. I'd love to meet you.

In fact, when I was on a match on the outer courts this week, I started talking to this guy next to me (as we gravitated toward the shade), and we found out that we knew each other from TW. And we had a great time talking about stuff. Not sure what his "code" name is here, but he was just such a nice guy, and again, what's not to like about talking tennis. That's why we are here.

Susan xxoo

yee
03-20-2004, 07:13 PM
ya susan, these reports are much appreciated even if it's mostly on Rafael :p

But it's always good to read these reports than some boring "standard" one from the media after each match.

Keep posting and thanks!

davidduncan
03-20-2004, 07:45 PM
Hey Susan, really enjoyed all your reports, thanks. I do have to say that it sounds like this guy Jeff in on the other team, -not that there's anything wrong with that...

sseemiller
03-22-2004, 12:31 PM
Perhaps he is, I wouldn't know. And I don't care.

Anyway, after reading some more criticisms below, I will not be posting my reports here in the future.

I'm in stress avoidance mode. And I also don't feel like defending myself to people who don't know me, my family, or anything about the "serious" tennis writing I do for a subscription publication. Those items were not posted here, because you have to pay for the subscription. You just got to see the fun, fluffy stuff we do for fans.

Anyway, it's no problem. Less work for me. :D

Take care,

Susan

@wright
03-22-2004, 12:37 PM
Susan, why not stick around and post for those of us who enjoy it, which is most of us. There is hardly any good content to this message board compared to the knowledgeable banter we used to enjoy, and susan constitutes some of the good stuff that is still here.

sseemiller
03-22-2004, 12:43 PM
Thanks for your kind words, Alan. But I don't appreciate comments on my personal life and my motives. If the reports are going to cause that, then it isn't worth it. I'm sorry for those of you who enjoyed the reports, but again, I'm in de-stress mode. :D

Also, I'm not saying I won't come over and post when I have time. I just won't do the reports here.

Again, it's no problem. :mrgreen:

juu
03-23-2004, 03:18 AM
[post deleted]

boris becker 1
03-23-2004, 05:32 AM
as i said before ignore it. Im sure for every idiot there is 3 people on this board who read the reports and didnt make crass remarks.

sseemiller
03-23-2004, 01:27 PM
As I told Alan in an e-mail, we do the reports for folks on the Nadal/Roddick boards. Most of the folks there know us, have attended tournaments with us, and know we are "creative" writers. They don't read more into the reports than is there, and know we are just trying to be entertaining. Gosh, if we drank as much as we implied in the reports, we couldn't have typed them. :lol:

But most of you don't know us personally, and if folks are getting the wrong idea from them, then this isn't the place to post them. I will of course, continue to do them on the Nadal board, and you are welcome to view them there. Before I go to Delray, I'll give you the URL -- although I don't think the reports will be that exciting. I am going to have to work hard to come up with fun material for that. *lol*

Susan

@wright
03-23-2004, 02:01 PM
Susan, if you'd just post the links, most of us would appreciate it. Then it might be easier for the jackholes to ignore.

NoBadMojo
03-23-2004, 02:47 PM
Susan I dont blame you for going away again. You've done nothing to deserve the abuse and these people should be ashamed of themselves. I've taken my share of abuse here as well, have been email stalked by someone from here and have been sent a steady stream of viruses that I feel originated from someone on this board..he/she is probably reading this. Anyway, it;s a shame..and not that it is any comfort, but you shouldnt feel picked upon. These are just jealous insecure people hiding behind keyboards. If you are coming here to the Bausch and Lomb, maybe we will x paths. best to you. Ed

sseemiller
03-23-2004, 03:30 PM
Thanks, Ed. Actually, I'll still be posting here as I have the time. I just am trying to avoid posts that result in personal attacks on me. Don't need that stress. :wink:

Won't be going to that event. I think just Delray Davis Cup, U.S. Open and then perhaps Houston Masters. But I would love to meet up with you one of these days.

Take care.

Susan

NoBadMojo
03-23-2004, 03:44 PM
Aye Susan,
Well if you are ever passing thru my part of the world, pls get in touch w. me as you like. I rarely leave the island these days. It would be fun to hook up w. you. best,
Ed