PDA

View Full Version : PS3, X Box - 360, or Wii?

latinking
11-29-2007, 06:26 AM
which one do you prefer?

tennisthehilife
11-29-2007, 07:42 AM
I have a Wii.

But I am disappointed w/ the games.

I currently only have Wii Sports, Wii Play, and Twilight Princess, thats all.

The Wii, I feel, will be great. There are many games I would want /fantasize to buy in the future: Brawl, Mario Kart, Pikmin, a Realistic Tennis Game, Mario Tennis, perhaps a true wii sword game, starfox, the next mario party, a RPG, a Prince of Tennis game... the list goes on and on. The Wii has much potential, but for now I don't see too many games I want to go out and buy (Metroid Prime Corruption, Mario Galaxy, and Guitar Hero III I'm debating).

Lil disappointed in the games right now.
I'm pretty much waiting for Brawl right now. Mario Kart in Spring 08
Hoping for some realistic/prince of/mario/ tennis game.

Waiting for Brawl.

Xbox 360: has a great game library right now, b/c the system has been out longer. <-- I guess this is the best choice right now b/c of library.
PS3: well not as great library, not too many games I want to go out and buy right now, maybe later.

I guess its the 360 for now, more games. Though I don't own one.
Wii has great potential! I believe the Wii will be the best buy (value, fun, actually just fun is enough) Wii games now are very good, kind of a tie for me Wii or 360(b/c it has been out longer).
Mario Galaxy for one. By the end of this year, or as time pass, I believe Wii will be the best. Much game potential.

WBF
11-29-2007, 08:15 AM
Eh.

It all depends on what sort of games and functionality you want on your console.

Want the best online support? Pick up a 360.
Want some good FPS, TPS, Sports titles, cross platform titles or racing titles? Pick up a 360.
Want social games (same TV)? Pick up a Wii.
Want [Nintendo | Sony | MS] first party or exclusive games? Pick up that system.
Want Blu-Ray? Pick up a PS3

There are a lot more factors obviously, just read up before you make a decision, don't ask for the opinions of a bunch of random people whos tastes you know *nothing* about.

At this point in time, the only two logical choices in terms of *games* are the 360 and the Wii, unless you love Sony first party games or the few exclusives it will end up with.

I enjoy Nintendo first party games, social games and other console games that are not more enjoyable on the PC. I strongly dislike gamepads, sports titles, and any console based shooter (due to gamepad). I enjoy strategy, sim, and FPS titles that (IMHO) are not nearly as enjoyable on a console...

So I have a Wii and a PC that wipes the floor with the consoles.

shintan17
11-29-2007, 08:25 AM
There are just not many good games for PS3 yet. Maybe later...but so far, if you are a serious gamer, then 360.

If you just wanna enjoy the game with friends and family members, then pick up the Wii.

PimpMyGame
11-29-2007, 08:32 AM
My children are getting a Wii for Christmas and we also have a PS2 with all 13 Singstar games and Buzz too. So my choice is the Wii because I can only encourage social gaming in our household.

TheJRK
11-29-2007, 08:38 AM
I have to go with the 360 since I play it the most. I also have a Wii though. Like someone else said, there are really no games for the PS3 that make me want to go out and drop $399. Maybe when Metel Gear comes out...

I also have the HD-DVD for the 360 which is a nice, cheap way to get into the HD format. It even upscales regular DVDs which is great.

The Wii is fun if you have a bunch of people over or if you get drunk first and play some of the games. :)

shintan17
11-29-2007, 09:29 AM
Maybe I will buy the PS3 when the GTA4 comes out.

HeadPrestige
11-29-2007, 09:48 AM
Maybe I will buy the PS3 when the GTA4 comes out.

Its not ps3 exclusive.. it will be out on the 360 as well on launch day.

goober
11-29-2007, 10:48 AM
I prefer PC:) FPS games still are the best on PCs. The amount of tweaks, the control from Mouse/keyboard can't be beat. Plus if I got a console my kids grades may take a dive- lol.

BiGGieStuFF
11-29-2007, 11:04 AM
I usually play PC games but if i had to pick out of the 3 it would be the PS3 because I can play games while it serves as a blu-ray player too.

Squall Leonheart
11-29-2007, 11:21 AM
While the weakest technologically, the Wii is the most innovative of the three and had a very unique play style which may interest you. 360 has been out the longest and thus currently has the best library of games. The PS3 is technologically the most advanced, but doesn't have many good games out right now, but that will most likely change sooner or later.

veryfatchocobo
11-29-2007, 12:08 PM
I like the Wii, but PC is my favorite.

Mastermind
11-29-2007, 12:10 PM
360 owns them all.

Leelord337
11-29-2007, 01:03 PM
the wii tennis game is ok, but i prefer the original top spin for the original x box. to me the graphics are better than top spin 2. I own both systems and still have the original xbox hooked up just to play Top spin. btw, top spin 2 is stupid and doesn't compare to top spin 1 at all.

So if i were u i would go w/the 360, elder scrolls of oblivion IV is probably the best, most entertaining video game ever made.

StealthGnome
11-29-2007, 03:36 PM
I love my PS3.
Matched with a Sony KDL-46W3000, it's stunning.

I don't play on it much. Maybe on the weekends. When I do, I really enjoy Warhawk. The free internet multiplayer allows me to jump on any time instead of worrying about the time I lose.
Planning on Time Crisis 4 before Christmas.
The games coming up are very interesting. Haze, LittleBigPlanet, MGS4, FF. I'd definitely getting those five.

shintan17
11-29-2007, 04:53 PM
Its not ps3 exclusive.. it will be out on the 360 as well on launch day.

Oh..yeah.. I forgot. Well, I don't have 360 either..so maybe..I will just buy PS3 to support my country's product ;p

Trinity
11-30-2007, 12:09 PM
The PS3 is a seriously underrated piece of kit, as are some of the games. Resistance:FOM is great, not to mention technically very good. Not at all bad for a first generation game. Here's looking forward to RFOM2.

I'd like a 360 to play some of their exclusives such as Bioshock and of course the legendary Halo 3. However I'm not willing to buy something so badly built - it sounds like a hairdrier for gods sake. Anyone have an idea when they're going to release a quiet one?

J-man
11-30-2007, 01:36 PM
I really like my 360. I haven't been playing it much but come Christmas I will.

budkid
11-30-2007, 06:27 PM
Xbox Ftw!!!

quest01
11-30-2007, 06:43 PM
Xbox 360 reigns supreme as the best console. The 360 has more games, better online play and of course Halo 3. PS3 doesnt have as many games and the online aspect lacks as much support as the 360. The Wii is designed more for kids and the online aspect is also lacking. So all in all the 360 is the best.

I play my xbox 360 every day.

xtremerunnerars
11-30-2007, 06:53 PM
PS3=Porsche/BMW
X360=Mustang/Corvette
WII=That chrysler that sorta looks like a bentley but isn't.

WBF
11-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Xbox 360 reigns supreme as the best console. The 360 has more games, better online play and of course Halo 3. PS3 doesnt have as many games and the online aspect lacks as much support as the 360. The Wii is designed more for kids and the online aspect is also lacking. So all in all the 360 is the best.

I play my xbox 360 every day.

Problems with your argument:

1.) The 360 does not reign supreme. How can it reign supreme when the Wii has sold more consoles in half the time?

2.) Some people don't care for online. Other people don't care for Microsoft's implementation of online. Other people are fine with random matchups. Microsoft does have the best online implementation, but this is only a strength for the people who value this feature. If you want to talk multiplayer, the Wii wipes the floor with the 360 for anyone interesting in gaming in the same room.

3.) The 360 does have more games. But intelligent people buy consoles based on *what* games they are interested in, not *how many* games are on a console. I have a PC that wipes the floor with every console. I have no interest in any cross platform or 360 specific game. I can't play many of the Wii titles on the PC though, and they are they style games I enjoy, so I brought a Wii.

4.) Halo 3? What about people who think FPS titles suck? Or people who wouldn't touch an FPS using a gamepad with a 100 foot stick? Or people who think sci-fi FPS titles suck? Or people who just plain don't like Halo 3? If you want to drop game names, you can play the top two games of all time on the Wii: Ocarina of Time and Mario Galaxy (Metacritic and Gamerankings as sources). This is irrelevent though, see (3).

5.) The Wii is designed for kids? That's funny, I would say the Wii is designed for people of all ages. Have you not read the myriad news stories on senior citizens loving the Wii? Or on middle age parents buying them in droves (hell, my parents own one)? Or the fact that the Wii actually comes up in conversation with non-gamers of all ages and sexes? Oh, and it's for kids too. Better to appeal to every demographic than adolescent kids who think people will judge them because they play games with bright colors (joke, but with a huge grain of truth).

There is no definitive best system. Every individual person will have a best fit based on their preferences and situation. To say otherwise demonstrates your profound lack of intelligence or knowledge of the gaming world.

sharpy
11-30-2007, 08:16 PM

1.) The 360 does not reign supreme. How can it reign supreme when the Wii has sold more consoles in half the time?

3.) The 360 does have more games. But intelligent people buy consoles based on *what* games they are interested in, not *how many* games are on a console. I have a PC that wipes the floor with every console. I have no interest in any cross platform or 360 specific game. I can't play many of the Wii titles on the PC though, and they are they style games I enjoy, so I brought a Wii.

4.) Halo 3? What about people who think FPS titles suck? Or people who wouldn't touch an FPS using a gamepad with a 100 foot stick? Or people who think sci-fi FPS titles suck? Or people who just plain don't like Halo 3? If you want to drop game names, you can play the top two games of all time on the Wii: Ocarina of Time and Mario Galaxy (Metacritic and Gamerankings as sources). This is irrelevent though, see (3).

5.) The Wii is designed for kids? That's funny, I would say the Wii is designed for people of all ages. Have you not read the myriad news stories on senior citizens loving the Wii? Or on middle age parents buying them in droves (hell, my parents own one)? Or the fact that the Wii actually comes up in conversation with non-gamers of all ages and sexes? Oh, and it's for kids too. Better to appeal to every demographic than adolescent kids who think people will judge them because they play games with bright colors (joke, but with a huge grain of truth).

1/ um who doesn't like fps games? fps games tend to have the BEST GRAPHICS and worse of all you question halo 3, for gods sakes people buy xbox 360 just for THAT game...when i bought my xbox 360 at best buy, the guys selling me it where like 'when the hell are you getting halo 3?'

2/ if wii isnt mostly kiddie games then explain those stupid games like mario, cartoon style tennis (just check it out at targets wii sample consoles), zelda, and other flying angles or dragons into some unknown land. there are other non kiddie games as well, but somehow the controls and everything make me feel like im playing the gameboy..

wii graphics kinda suck too..

xbox 360 has lots of games and lots of quality games also.. you just need the money... lots are backwards compatible from xbox as well...

stoffer
12-01-2007, 06:42 PM
What no option for PC? PC beats all of them.

Noveson
12-01-2007, 06:58 PM

Okay calm down for a second, first of all, the Wii just appeals to more non-gamer types, and it also way cheaper, that's why it sells more. Doesn't mean it's a better system.
2.) Some people don't care for online. Other people don't care for Microsoft's implementation of online. Other people are fine with random matchups. Microsoft does have the best online implementation, but this is only a strength for the people who value this feature. If you want to talk multiplayer, the Wii wipes the floor with the 360 for anyone interesting in gaming in the same room.
Are you kidding me here? Online is the best thing that ever happened to gaming. Anyway, multiplayer in the same room? 4 player Halo anyone? or Call of Duty? Or maybe GTA4 pretty soon. Oh how about Gears of War? A lot of my friends don't even play online, or even have Halo, yet all of them love to play 4/8 player at my house.
That's good for you that you have no interest. The 600,000 people playing halo the night it came out disagree with you. So you automatically rule out games because they are cross platform, or for the 360? That automatically makes them better? So what's out there for the Wii right now? You have Link, and....oh wait, there's nothing else. Wii sports is probably the best thing it has going for it until Super Smash(going to be insane).
Once again, Halo is the top selling piece of entertainment of ALL TIME!
Nintendo has always been a kids system, it's how it is, not altogether bad, I mean the games are fun, but nothing lasts, everything gets boring.
There is no definitive best system. Every individual person will have a best fit based on their preferences and situation. To say otherwise demonstrates your profound lack of intelligence or knowledge of the gaming world.
Agree with you on the last part, hell I own a wii. But it's hard to argue the 360 is the console to have right now.

quest01
12-01-2007, 07:04 PM
What no option for PC? PC beats all of them.

I used to play Battlefield 1942 and Medal of Honor almost religiously but I havent played those games online in 3-4 years. I don't think PC gaming is the best though. To many problems with PC games.

goober
12-01-2007, 07:13 PM
PC gaming is not the best. They're are so many problems with hardware issues on the PC such as slowdown, lag and other graphical and sound issues. Playing PC games is a technical nightmare. It's all about specs and numbers with a PC and it can be very annoying. I used to play Battlefield 1942 and Medal of Honor almost religiously but I havent played those games online in 3-4 years.

For RTS and FPS games, PC still pretty much own consoles. You can have fun on consoles on FPS games, but from a control standpoint and and all the tweaks you can make PCs are far better. I never have had technical nightmares playing games on PCs. Probably the only real time when I went overboard was overclocking my cpu and gpu to eek out some better framerates.

Sports games, fighting games, racing games and pretty much all arcade style games are better on consoles.

Well that's my 2 bits

WBF
12-01-2007, 07:23 PM
Noveson: You seem to think what you write is objective. It is subjective.

Shashwat
12-01-2007, 07:28 PM
Guitar Hero is so much fun, it's just amazing. But overall i would pick 360 because there are a ton more fun games. Halo 3, Gears, all sports especially NBA 2k7 and Live. NHL, Madden, etc.

Photoshop
12-01-2007, 08:06 PM
if wii isnt mostly kiddie games then explain those stupid games like mario, cartoon style tennis
Did you just call Mario - probably the most recognized game of all time - a stupid kiddie game? What did you do in your childhood?

Shashwat
12-01-2007, 08:16 PM
Did you just call Mario - probably the most recognized game of all time - a stupid kiddie game? What did you do in your childhood?

Seriously, mario is the best game ever made. Remember your roots - nintendo.

tzinc
12-01-2007, 08:33 PM
I picked wii

Here are the reasons:

1) I am a Nintendo guy and there are many Nintendo EXCLUSIVE games you can only get on the Nintendo system. The exclusives on the other systems such as Halo for example I have no interest in.

2) Not only are the Nintendo exclusives for Wii available but you can also play Gamecube ones (the wii emulates a Gamecube); and you can download Nintendo games from past systems such as NES and SNES on the wii. Plus other past system games such as Turbo Grafix and Sega etc etc etc.

3) Wii is getting major support now due to its leadership in sales so wii will be getting almost all the major cross-platform non-exclusive games the Gamecube wasn't getting. Games like Guitar Hero 3 and Manhunt etc.

4) Wii is simple to use for the most part and almost anyone can get into it and have fun from hardcore gamers to complete novices (kids, seniors, etc).
Wide range of applications such as brain learning games and the now Board attachment will appeal to people interested in more then just the normal run of the mill video games.

StealthGnome
12-01-2007, 09:43 PM
I love the old Nintendo.
Hyperventilating blowing the cartridges of Duck Hunt/Super Mario.
Good times.

mucat
12-01-2007, 09:53 PM
For RTS and FPS games, PC still pretty much own consoles. You can have fun on consoles on FPS games, but from a control standpoint and and all the tweaks you can make PCs are far better. I never have had technical nightmares playing games on PCs. Probably the only real time when I went overboard was overclocking my cpu and gpu to eek out some better framerates.

Sports games, fighting games, racing games and pretty much all arcade style games are better on consoles.

Well that's my 2 bits

Racing game in the PC is the best, let me give you a tiny example...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP91Df7avWY&mode=related&search=

Sports games...ever since EA cornered this market, it has been crap and crap and more crap every year.

But yeah, fighting games is definitely console's territory.

goober
12-02-2007, 04:31 AM
Racing game in the PC is the best, let me give you a tiny example...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP91Df7avWY&mode=related&search=

Sports games...ever since EA cornered this market, it has been crap and crap and more crap every year.

But yeah, fighting games is definitely console's territory.

Well I don't play racing games and haven't for a long time. A similar set up can be made for XBox

http://gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/05/racingsetup.jpg

But if you play a lot of racing games I will take your word for it. Most people I know who play racing games play them on consoles, but they are not hardcore into it so they may not be the best examples.

Freedom
12-02-2007, 10:37 AM
Anyone else not really impressed with Halo 3? I thought I would buy a 360 just for it, but after playing it online on a few seperate occasions, I really don't think it matches up to Halo 2.

veritech
12-02-2007, 11:18 AM
i'm gonna go with a 360. not many of my friends play video games, so whenever i want to play i have to resort to playing online, which the 360 has the best support. they have a lot to offer online.

my girlfriend has a wii, and i am pretty disappointed by it. it has a lot of potential though and like everyone has said, it's a great system to play with a bunch of people on one tv.

tzinc
12-02-2007, 12:12 PM
I think the HALO games have always been overrated. HALO 3 is probably the most overrated of them all.

mucat
12-02-2007, 03:44 PM
Well I don't play racing games and haven't for a long time. A similar set up can be made for XBox

http://gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/05/racingsetup.jpg

But if you play a lot of racing games I will take your word for it. Most people I know who play racing games play them on consoles, but they are not hardcore into it so they may not be the best examples.

Thats not bad at all. However, he is using 3 xbox360 networked to create this setting. Someone have done this with PC long long time ago...but with a little bit more screens.

http://my.opera.com/antonjmatt/albums/showpic.dml?album=1042&picture=6126

The video I showed is using only one computer. Also, the racing games in PC are a lot more...realistic than the consoles'.

mucat
12-02-2007, 03:46 PM
I think the HALO games have always been overrated. HALO 3 is probably the most overrated of them all.

Yes, a lot of people felt the same after they calm down from the hype.

FedererISBetter
12-02-2007, 03:55 PM
Definately PS3, its gonna prove itself in the long term.
Xbox tends to focus a lot of their attention on US players(duh)... sports football, basketball, Halo
while PS3+ Wii focus on global sells
And since this forum is US based... of course we are gonna get a lot of arguments for Xbox being the greatest console and how HALO is the prime game. If for some reason you dont like HALO or any other FPS, then youre pretty much alienated yourself with the US audience. I know, its a linear generalization.. : ) PS3 FTW lol

Noveson
12-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Definately PS3, its gonna prove itself in the long term.
Xbox tends to focus a lot of their attention on US players(duh)... sports football, basketball, Halo
while PS3+ Wii focus on global sells
And since this forum is US based... of course we are gonna get a lot of arguments for Xbox being the greatest console and how HALO is the prime game. If for some reason you dont like HALO or any other FPS, then youre pretty much alienated yourself with the US audience. I know, its a linear generalization.. : ) PS3 FTW lol

If something is going to pull ahead later on, it will be the Wii. Super Smash Bros is going to be a HUGE game, plus with more new first party games it will be good. All the PS3 has coming is Metal Gear Solid, all their other games are also on the 360.

FedererISBetter
12-02-2007, 04:56 PM
If something is going to pull ahead later on, it will be the Wii. Super Smash Bros is going to be a HUGE game, plus with more new first party games it will be good. All the PS3 has coming is Metal Gear Solid, all their other games are also on the 360.

Maybe in US,but there are other places that are big in other genres such as RPGs (me), racing,, and etc. Sure, super smash bros is gonna be big, no doubt about that... I'm actually not disagreeing with you lol... I probably misworded the first sentence... I merely meant that PS3 will pull itself out of the hole they got themselves in -_-

Noveson
12-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Maybe in US,but there are other places that are big in other genres such as RPGs (me), racing,, and etc. Sure, super smash bros is gonna be big, no doubt about that... I'm actually not disagreeing with you lol... I probably misworded the first sentence... I merely meant that PS3 will pull itself out of the hole they got themselves in -_-

Yeah, they have already started in that regard.

Breaker
12-02-2007, 05:22 PM

PS3 has nothing that will attract a huge amount of people to come purchase it in the near future and hasn't even sold half as many systems worldwide as the 360 or Wii. Wii has Smash coming out, 360 has Gears II coming next year, PS3 has...Burnout.

Wii will continue to stay at the top with 360 building on its already huge fanbase with titles like GOW II on the horizon, PS3 better come up with something big soon or they will continue to get blown out of the water.

Of course, this is Sony and they have an equally large fanbase as seen with the PS2, I'm guessing a price drop will attract a bunch of new people along with maybe a new Final Fantasy next year...

Leelord337
12-02-2007, 05:29 PM
i am way addicted to elder scrolls of oblivion IV...its almost better than real life, lol

Feņa14
12-02-2007, 05:30 PM
PS3 has nothing that will attract a huge amount of people to come purchase it in the near future and hasn't even sold half as many systems worldwide as the 360 or Wii. Wii has Smash coming out, 360 has Gears II coming next year, PS3 has...Burnout.

Wii will continue to stay at the top with 360 building on its already huge fanbase with titles like GOW II on the horizon, PS3 better come up with something big soon or they will continue to get blown out of the water.

Of course, this is Sony and they have an equally large fanbase as seen with the PS2, I'm guessing a price drop will attract a bunch of new people along with maybe a new Final Fantasy next year...

There's a new GTA aswell for PS3.

I feel that the 360 is great for the games and the online capabilities and the PS3 is competing for the same audience, they have left it too late to make the impression though as the xbox has been out for so long and has had fantastic success so I can't really see the PS3 ever rivalling it fully.

The Wii is more of a machine for families to play games together, and maybe younger children with the cartoon like games and things like that... I can't really see how the PS3 fits into the market when we've already have these 2 fantastic products on the market for years.

StealthGnome
12-02-2007, 06:29 PM
Metal Gear Solid 4.

Game over.

WBF
12-03-2007, 04:39 AM
There's a new GTA aswell for PS3.

I feel that the 360 is great for the games and the online capabilities and the PS3 is competing for the same audience, they have left it too late to make the impression though as the xbox has been out for so long and has had fantastic success so I can't really see the PS3 ever rivalling it fully.

The Wii is more of a machine for families to play games together, and maybe younger children with the cartoon like games and things like that... I can't really see how the PS3 fits into the market when we've already have these 2 fantastic products on the market for years.

Agreed on the comparison with the 360 and PS3. Each will receive a good number of cross platform titles as developers avoid the massive losses associated with developing for the most expensive platform to develop for (PS3) which happens to have the lowest installed base... Expensive development + no way to make your money back = PS3 staying well behind the 360.

Not only this, but development studios have consistently shown that equal time in development for both 360 and PS3 will result in superior titles on the 360; this has even been the case when the *better* development team is specifically chosen for the PS3 version! Regardless of any theoretical power, unless you are cracking passwords or doing other low-level processing (not games), the end result will be very similar if not worse than on a 360.

I disagree on the Wii. and maybe younger children with the cartoon like games and things like that How are people so rigid in their thoughts that they can't seperate graphical style from content? Ever play Team Fortress 2? It's cartoony. It's also one of the best FPS titles this fall (Topped only by Portal IMNSHO). Myriads of other gamers like myself disagree. I'm 24 (not a child), and enjoy any game that is... well... enjoyable. Just because I enjoy Crysis, CS, TF2 or other shooters doesn't mean I have to pretend like the games on the Wii aren't fun. I could see complaints if you were in school and had hours upon hours to play; there aren't many titles for the Wii yet (We just ended the first year, this is par with everything else, and far better than the PS3). But to assume it's for children is very shallow.

StealthGnome: PS3 shills have been pointing to Lairs, Heavenly Swords, RC, and all the other "big" PS3 games as saviours. Not *one* has done the system any good in terms of increasing sales. Do you seriously think that one title will save the PS3? It will be a great game, and it may even sell some systems, but it isn't going to do jack **** in the scheme of things.

Feņa14
12-03-2007, 12:11 PM
Agreed on the comparison with the 360 and PS3. Each will receive a good number of cross platform titles as developers avoid the massive losses associated with developing for the most expensive platform to develop for (PS3) which happens to have the lowest installed base... Expensive development + no way to make your money back = PS3 staying well behind the 360.

Not only this, but development studios have consistently shown that equal time in development for both 360 and PS3 will result in superior titles on the 360; this has even been the case when the *better* development team is specifically chosen for the PS3 version! Regardless of any theoretical power, unless you are cracking passwords or doing other low-level processing (not games), the end result will be very similar if not worse than on a 360.

I disagree on the Wii. How are people so rigid in their thoughts that they can't seperate graphical style from content? Ever play Team Fortress 2? It's cartoony. It's also one of the best FPS titles this fall (Topped only by Portal IMNSHO). Myriads of other gamers like myself disagree. I'm 24 (not a child), and enjoy any game that is... well... enjoyable. Just because I enjoy Crysis, CS, TF2 or other shooters doesn't mean I have to pretend like the games on the Wii aren't fun. I could see complaints if you were in school and had hours upon hours to play; there aren't many titles for the Wii yet (We just ended the first year, this is par with everything else, and far better than the PS3). But to assume it's for children is very shallow.

StealthGnome: PS3 shills have been pointing to Lairs, Heavenly Swords, RC, and all the other "big" PS3 games as saviours. Not *one* has done the system any good in terms of increasing sales. Do you seriously think that one title will save the PS3? It will be a great game, and it may even sell some systems, but it isn't going to do jack **** in the scheme of things.

I said MAYBE children generally prefer the wii ;)

I always seem to find people who are hardcore gamers play games that the 360 has to offer while younger children seem to prefer the wii. When you look at the titles on each platform you can see that the majority of 360 games are the typical type of games such as Halo, Gears of War etc.... while the wii has alot of games geared towards younger people and families such as wii sports and mario type games, it does have some games similar to Halo but if you are looking for a more family based system, the wii seems to be what people are going for.

tzinc
12-03-2007, 12:27 PM
The reason the wii is ahead and 360 has stagnated is because there are way more other types of consumers out there then hardcore gamers! PLUS some percentage of the hardcore gamers also got/or will get the wii anyway. So wii has wider appeal and therefore can sell more units.

tenniskid3119
12-09-2007, 08:13 AM
Sorry OP,
but what is a better deal: The Xbox 360Premium package or the Halo Edition Xbox 360? thanks

dave333
12-09-2007, 05:04 PM
xbox 360 if you're more teenager. So many great games. Bioshock, Call of Duty 4, Halo 3, Gears of War, etc.

wii is definitely a blast though, I play with my friends a lot.