PDA

View Full Version : Mayweather or Hatton?

latinking
11-29-2007, 06:34 AM
Ok, the fight is almost here. What will be the outcome?

tbini87
11-29-2007, 06:35 AM
probably mayweather, but i would love to see hatton win.

latinking
11-29-2007, 06:37 AM
I voted for Hatton by KO, but thats what I want to happen. Probabley won't.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
11-29-2007, 06:44 AM
I have been watching the Mayweather/Hatton , 24/7, and I really like the Hatton character. Really humble despite his sucess, and talent. I know it might be a long shot, but I voted Hatton by decision.

shintan17
11-29-2007, 07:00 AM
I voted for Hatton by KO, but thats what I want to happen. Probabley won't.

I HOPE Hatton wins by KO, too, but I know it's a loooooooooong shot.

Honestly, I think Mayweather wins by decision again *SIGHS* boring.....

origmarm
11-29-2007, 08:04 AM
Hatton by decision. I would love to see a KO but Mayweather is just too good.

The thing I love about Hatton is him being down the pub on his Manchester estate between fights and getting really fat, Ricky Fatton was on his recent t-shirt featuring a picture of him eating a pie. Genius. Nalbandian tries but he just doesn't have that dedication. Saw an interview recently and when asked his reaction on US TV to having his name in lights over the venue, he comes up with "Tell you the truth, it gave me a bit of an erection." Just genius

Shahar26
11-29-2007, 08:15 AM
There's only one - Ricky Fatton!!!!!

origmarm
11-29-2007, 08:24 AM
Apparently he's up to 14st!
http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/sport/tm_objectid=17763144&method=full&siteid=62484&headline=it-s-ricky-fatton-name_page.html
Though it is the Sun so probably 12.5-13..Still for a 10st fighter

origmarm
11-29-2007, 08:25 AM
You can only just make it out:
http://www.teide-admin.com/images/artikel/42e8c5502159e.jpg

Feña14
11-29-2007, 03:32 PM
Ricky will knock him out. It only takes 1 hit from Hatton for it to all be over and Mayweathers never faced anyone with either the punching speed or power that Hatton has.

If Ricky doesn't knock him out then i'm sure the American score cards will give it to Mayweather, there's been some funny results on the judges cards over the years.

shintan17
11-29-2007, 04:56 PM
Ricky will knock him out. It only takes 1 hit from Hatton for it to all be over and Mayweathers never faced anyone with either the punching speed or power that Hatton has.

If Ricky doesn't knock him out then i'm sure the American score cards will give it to Mayweather, there's been some funny results on the judges cards over the years.

Home players usually have advantages of playing at home already in terms of judging. I just wanna see how "THE PRETTY BOY" would react to the first loss ;)

Feña14
11-29-2007, 05:42 PM
Home players usually have advantages of playing at home already in terms of judging. I just wanna see how "THE PRETTY BOY" would react to the first loss ;)

Yeah it's understandable I suppose. If it was in England I would think Hatton would get the benefit of the doubt on points too, it's natural.

I think if Mayweather does lose then he will probably retire. Did you see him in this weeks 24/7 where he was talking about all the injuries he has? I don't like the man but you have to have some sympathy towards what he has to go through, he can't be doing it for too much longer. A defeat may make his mind up for him.

shintan17
11-29-2007, 05:54 PM
Yeah it's understandable I suppose. If it was in England I would think Hatton would get the benefit of the doubt on points too, it's natural.

I think if Mayweather does lose then he will probably retire. Did you see him in this weeks 24/7 where he was talking about all the injuries he has? I don't like the man but you have to have some sympathy towards what he has to go through, he can't be doing it for too much longer. A defeat may make his mind up for him.

Nah, I didn't watch the show. I understand he is probably acting this way to get more attention to his match and boxing itself. Nothing wrong with that. I just prefer quiet guys just go about their businesses and get things done. Mayweather has had his due...hope Hatton surprises the World.

Trinity
11-30-2007, 12:12 PM
It's got to be Hatton. He's a machine. I'm a bit ignorant about Mayweather but I read somewhere that he's way past his best.

norcal
11-30-2007, 12:37 PM
I would like Hatton to win but realistically I see Mayweather running and sticking, Hatton tiring late and Mayweather picking him apart late, stopping Hatton on cuts.

The 14st article is quite old by the way.

norcal
11-30-2007, 12:38 PM
I just noticed the votes are 8-3 in favor of Hatton. Any of you (8) like to wager on this?

Wuornos
12-04-2007, 04:52 AM
it's horrible really. Mayweather doesn't understand what he's about to get in the ring with. My heart goes out to him.

origmarm
12-04-2007, 06:46 AM
Yeah there was some comment in the paper that he doesn't study his opponents and doesn't know anything about Hatton....either rubbish or foolish. Either doesn't really make me like him much

Kevin T
12-04-2007, 07:36 AM
Yeah, I'd be willing to bet big money that Mayweather will win a decision. Mayweather hasn't faced the punching speed of anyone like Hatton? Really? Mayweather is SOO much faster than Hatton. And Hatton can't punch harder than De La Hoya. I can't stand Pretty Boy and I really like Hatton but I just don't see it happening.

Kevin T
12-04-2007, 07:41 AM
Vegas odds last Friday were 9-2 in favor of Mayweather?! That will tighten but Vegas knows what's up.

norcal
12-04-2007, 07:45 AM
Vegas odds last Friday were 9-2 in favor of Mayweather?! That will tighten but Vegas knows what's up.That's a reality check right there.

origmarm
12-04-2007, 08:01 AM
Thats a crazy arbitrage opportunity. Betfair is showing 1.56/7 on Mayweather and 3.05/1 on Hatton (Betfair is decimal). So thats 4 to 7 Mayweather or 2 to 1 Hatton (approx). £850,000 staked so far (so 1.7$mill), for amateurs that's a lot. Very similar odds on William Hill. Vegas Sands and MGM Mirage are more like 1.7 and 2.95 from what the boys out there are telling me but its still nowhere near the odds you guys got. I would take it and lay it off on Betfair.

Interestingly 18 to 1 on a draw though

Moose Malloy
12-04-2007, 09:14 AM
I hate Mayweather & find him as boring a fighter as can be, but some of the comments about Hatton here are pretty funny(not surprisingly coming from some of the UK posters)

You guys make it sound like he's Tyson or Trinidad or Pacquiao or Pavlik in the punching power department. He's far from it, & far from being an exciting fighter. I've never heard a real analyst(like trainers, other fighters, etc) call him a particularly powerful puncher, I wonder what kind of 'analysts' are saying this in the UK?

I've seen enough of him to see that he hardly ever hits anyone clean, fights kinda dirty(much shoving, slapping/hitting behind the head, etc) & gets away with this stuff because of ridiculously biased hometown refs. have any of you seen the Kostya Tszyu fight? it was a joke what he got away with, in no other country in the world would that have been allowed. He's more like a wrestler than fighter.

Yes, the US has been the location of many questionable decisions(kinda goes with the territory of hosting almost all significant fights), but have you ever seen refs affecting outcomes like they do in Hatton(or Calzaghe) fights? They can get away with anything there! And what a surprise, when Hatton finally comes here(to fight Collazzo) he has trouble because the ref won't let him hit behind the head, hit guys in the nuts, etc.
No way would Mayweather be likely to get a close decision here just because he's American, he simply not that popular here(De La Hoya on the other hand..) & frankly the sport isn't a big deal here(no fighters are 'national' heroes here like in the UK, no front page news for fighters here. College football will be on the front pages of all the sports pages here on Sunday, not this fight, regardless of what happens)

I've attended Wimbledon enough to see the hysteria that surrounds British tennis players(I thought Jeremy Bates would get knighted after beating Michael Chang in '92), so I imagine that the UK press has elevated Hatton to, I don't know, Ali status?

Hatton's a really nice, down to earth guy & all, but let's be honest. Fighting in the UK alone for most of his career(are there really many elite fighters there?) has made him seem better than he is(I'm reminded of that comment that a fighter said about Chavez back in the day, calling most of his opponents 'Mexican cab drivers')

Put your money where your mouth is & place a bet, the oddsmakers call it as it really is, no bias at all in those odds, & Hatton is a huge underdog. I wonder why?

This reminds me of the Cowboys-Patriots thread from a while back, many sports fans can't see clearly about matters close to home.

Feña14
12-04-2007, 12:35 PM
I hate Mayweather & find him as boring a fighter as can be, but some of the comments about Hatton here are pretty funny(not surprisingly coming from some of the UK posters)

You guys make it sound like he's Tyson or Trinidad or Pacquiao or Pavlik in the punching power department. He's far from it, & far from being an exciting fighter. I've never heard a real analyst(like trainers, other fighters, etc) call him a particularly powerful puncher, I wonder what kind of 'analysts' are saying this in the UK?

I've seen enough of him to see that he hardly ever hits anyone clean, fights kinda dirty(much shoving, slapping/hitting behind the head, etc) & gets away with this stuff because of ridiculously biased hometown refs. have any of you seen the Kostya Tszyu fight? it was a joke what he got away with, in no other country in the world would that have been allowed. He's more like a wrestler than fighter.

Yes, the US has been the location of many questionable decisions(kinda goes with the territory of hosting almost all significant fights), but have you ever seen refs affecting outcomes like they do in Hatton(or Calzaghe) fights? They can get away with anything there! And what a surprise, when Hatton finally comes here(to fight Collazzo) he has trouble because the ref won't let him hit behind the head, hit guys in the nuts, etc.
No way would Mayweather be likely to get a close decision here just because he's American, he simply not that popular here(De La Hoya on the other hand..) & frankly the sport isn't a big deal here(no fighters are 'national' heroes here like in the UK, no front page news for fighters here. College football will be on the front pages of all the sports pages here on Sunday, not this fight, regardless of what happens)

I've attended Wimbledon enough to see the hysteria that surrounds British tennis players(I thought Jeremy Bates would get knighted after beating Michael Chang in '92), so I imagine that the UK press has elevated Hatton to, I don't know, Ali status?

Hatton's a really nice, down to earth guy & all, but let's be honest. Fighting in the UK alone for most of his career(are there really many elite fighters there?) has made him seem better than he is(I'm reminded of that comment that a fighter said about Chavez back in the day, calling most of his opponents 'Mexican cab drivers')

Put your money where your mouth is & place a bet, the oddsmakers call it as it really is, no bias at all in those odds, & Hatton is a huge underdog. I wonder why?

This reminds me of the Cowboys-Patriots thread from a while back, many sports fans can't see clearly about matters close to home.

Eh?

After you questioned Hattons punching power it all went down hill.
There have been scientific tests done on his punching speed/power and the numbers speak for themselves.

See his last fight by any chance?

Kevin T
12-04-2007, 01:21 PM
Eh?

After you questioned Hattons punching power it all went down hill.
There have been scientific tests done on his punching speed/power and the numbers speak for themselves.

See his last fight by any chance?

Hatton may have better punching power but Mayweather is faster, more versatile, way more stamina and has faced better opponents. Again, what is Hatton going to do that De La Hoya couldn't do better? I could care less about the UK vs. the USA thing but there's hardly a boxing expert in the US that thinks Hatton will win.

Moose Malloy
12-04-2007, 02:18 PM

please post a link 'proving' his power. this should be interesting.

I havent heard one trainer/fighter/analyst that thinks he has great power. Honestly when I think of power(& when most analysts talk about it), I think of 'one punch' power, do you really think he has that? Can he knock guys out with one punch like Pavlik or Trinidad(used to) etc? No, he outworks guys, etc.

I shudder to think what Pavlik or Trinidad would post in these 'tests' if Hatton is considered a big puncher according to these 'tests.' Yeah, he has more power than Mayweather(who doesn't?), but he is not a power puncher by any definition.

and I did see his last fight, against a washed up fighter who's in debt to everyone.

btw, I'm rooting for Hatton, but I can't see anyway he can possibly win, esp without refs allowing his usual roughhouse tactics. But ultimately, I don't care, both fighters are pretty boring. Pacquiao-Marquez or Vazquez-Marquez are the where the real fighters are.
Maybe Cotto can be exciting one day as well(he's shown flashes)

Feña14
12-04-2007, 04:15 PM
please post a link 'proving' his power. this should be interesting.

I havent heard one trainer/fighter/analyst that thinks he has great power. Honestly when I think of power(& when most analysts talk about it), I think of 'one punch' power, do you really think he has that? Can he knock guys out with one punch like Pavlik or Trinidad(used to) etc? No, he outworks guys, etc.

I shudder to think what Pavlik or Trinidad would post in these 'tests' if Hatton is considered a big puncher according to these 'tests.' Yeah, he has more power than Mayweather(who doesn't?), but he is not a power puncher by any definition.

and I did see his last fight, against a washed up fighter who's in debt to everyone.

btw, I'm rooting for Hatton, but I can't see anyway he can possibly win, esp without refs allowing his usual roughhouse tactics. But ultimately, I don't care, both fighters are pretty boring. Pacquiao-Marquez or Vazquez-Marquez are the where the real fighters are.
Maybe Cotto can be exciting one day as well(he's shown flashes)

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/06/070622090701.htm

Proof of his power (or lack of it in your opinion)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sjH-Y9HMQB0&feature=related

That's what he did in his last fight, cracked a rib and knocked all the air out of Castillo. I've got plenty of dvd's if you'd like me to upload some more of his big shots?

Feña14
12-04-2007, 04:18 PM
Hatton may have better punching power but Mayweather is faster, more versatile, way more stamina and has faced better opponents. Again, what is Hatton going to do that De La Hoya couldn't do better? I could care less about the UK vs. the USA thing but there's hardly a boxing expert in the US that thinks Hatton will win.

Hatton can last, De La Hoya couldn't. Oscar was winning until he stopped throwing punches and Mayweather just moved around and jabbed and picked him off. Hatton's not going to get tired like De La Hoya did. There's something Hatton can do better than Oscar did straight away.

Kevin T
12-04-2007, 05:14 PM
Hatton can last, De La Hoya couldn't. Oscar was winning until he stopped throwing punches and Mayweather just moved around and jabbed and picked him off. Hatton's not going to get tired like De La Hoya did. There's something Hatton can do better than Oscar did straight away.

Hatton's stamina in previous fights has already been questioned. De La Hoya is a bigger fighter, so getting tired chasing the smaller Floyd isn't far fetched. Hatton will get tired, too, because he won't catch Mayweather. Hatton will charge in and try to bully Floyd and he'll get picked apart as Mayweather circles. Name a big-time fighter, in their prime, that Hatton has beaten.

A.J. Sim
12-05-2007, 06:49 AM
I hope Hatton wins this, getting tired of Mayweather's antics

origmarm
12-05-2007, 08:34 AM
^^^ Agreed, he's getting like Naseem...became a tw*t rapidly

Dedans Penthouse
12-06-2007, 05:45 AM
Hatton's a tough little son-of-a-gun with "heart" to boot and I'd laugh if he could put Fink Floyd in his place.

And being the game fighter that Hatton is, I'm sure he'll get Mayweather's attention at some points during the bout with some 'shots', but given Mayweather's overall talent, I just can't see Ricky getting Floyd to "sit down" so as to be able to tag Floyd on the button--that is, to the point of "lights out."

My heart says Hatton; my (betting) head says Mayweather.

iradical18
12-06-2007, 11:49 AM
I really hope that Hatton destroys him. While the chances are probably very slim that he will knock him out, he has a chance to win in a decision. I just want somebody, anybody, to put Floyd in his place. I really, really, can't stand the guy.

Shahar26
12-08-2007, 12:52 PM
Common Ricky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shintan17
12-08-2007, 04:02 PM
I root for Hatton as well. COME ON!!!!

35ft6
12-08-2007, 05:16 PM
On the HBO show, for the life of me, couldn't see how Hatton was any less cocky or annoying than Mayweather. I guess slight edge to Mayweather for showing off his jewelry, but they're both arrogant bastoids.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
12-08-2007, 07:24 PM
But is anyone watching the fight? :confused:

srv vlly
12-08-2007, 07:31 PM
I am going with my gut and I think hatton will knock him out. Also is anyone watching it? Please update us.

TENNIS_IS_FUN
12-08-2007, 08:18 PM
I am going with my gut and I think hatton will knock him out. Also is anyone watching it? Please update us.

I 2nd that...is it on sopcast?

Federer's pet goat Leanne
12-08-2007, 08:22 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/boxing/7134904.stm

TENNIS_IS_FUN
12-08-2007, 08:28 PM
*****SPOILER ALERT*******

mayweather just won by knockout. GG

shintan17
12-08-2007, 08:38 PM
*****SPOILER ALERT*******

mayweather just won by knockout. GG

I didn't watch the fight, obviously..but it was just ended as many predicted. It was inevitable result, I guess.

Give Hatton tons of credit for coming here and fought against the best by moving up the weight class even though he probably knew he was up for a tall task.

Give Mayweather tons of credit as well for taking this fight and showed again that there is no one better than him in the World at 147. Cotto is probably the only one COULD give some trouble to Mayweather...but he is just too quick. I don't like watching him, but all he does is winning.

35ft6
12-08-2007, 11:10 PM
Hatton got knocked the f out. Only saw the round he got punked.

shrakkie
12-09-2007, 04:20 AM
It was more then likely this was going to happen.

That doesn't mean I didn't have hope :(

origmarm
12-10-2007, 12:05 AM
A*se (10)

Deuce
12-10-2007, 12:47 AM
My god... you guys actually take boxing seriously?!?
It's about as honest a sporting endeavour as is the Tour de Farce. Nothing but corruption involved.

There is no honourability or credibility remaining in boxing. Those days are long gone - the days of Robinson, Liston, Dempsey - even Ali and Leonard. Today, it's all just a show. It's no longer a sport - it's 'entertainment'. Corrupt entertainment - just like the 'reality' shows on TV.
Anyone who takes boxing seriously and who believes that any less than 98% of it all is staged and fixed needs help.

Boxing is about as real as a $17 dollar bill.

Kevin T
12-10-2007, 06:50 AM
My god... you guys actually take boxing seriously?!?
It's about as honest a sporting endeavour as is the Tour de Farce. Nothing but corruption involved.

There is no honourability or credibility remaining in boxing. Those days are long gone - the days of Robinson, Liston, Dempsey - even Ali and Leonard. Today, it's all just a show. It's no longer a sport - it's 'entertainment'. Corrupt entertainment - just like the 'reality' shows on TV.
Anyone who takes boxing seriously and who believes that any less than 98% of it all is staged and fixed needs help.

Boxing is about as real as a $17 dollar bill.

Yeah, instead of just the mafia pulling strings back in the day, we have the mafia and Don King! Boxing has NEVER been clean, Deuce.

Dedans Penthouse
12-10-2007, 03:58 PM
Hey Kevin, ever see the film of Dempsey winning the heavyweight title over Jess Willard (Toledo, July 4, 1919)? Probably the most brutal beating ever administered. This was before rules required a fighter to go to a "neutral corner" upon knocking his opponent down; i.e., he could stand over (behind) his opponent, and as soon as his opponent's knee raised off the canvas--BOOM!--the guy (in this case, Dempsey) could practically rabbit punch the poor palooka senseless.

A number of rumors also had it that Dempsey's "tape job" may've also involved some Plaster-of-Paris. Speaking of Willard, there were rumors that he won the title (in Havana) because Jack Johnson eventually took a dive in the 26th round.

But I digress:
WHAT WAS REALLY DIRTY THE OTHER NIGHT IN VEGAS WERE THE LOW-CLASS, LOW-RENT, DISRESPECTFUL PIECES OF SHIATE FROM ENGLAND WHO HAD THE CONSUMATE GALL TO WHISTLE AND BOO THE NATIONAL ANTHEM OF THE UNITED STATES--IMAGINE BOOING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM OF A COUNTRY....IN THE HOST COUNTRY. THEY THROUGHLY EMBARRASSED THEMSELVES. I, AND OTHERS, WERE GREEN WITH ANGER AND THEY--WELL, BEING ENGLISH--THEY WERE UNDERSTANDABLY GREEN WITH DENTURES.

In this thread, I previously said that I would laugh if Hatton somehow pulled off an upset (even though I did correctly 'vote' a Mayweather knockout). However, by the end of the Star Bangled Banner, all bets were then off: I wanted Mayweather to shove it up those limey sons-of-bltche's arses. And he did....to the chants of "USA" from the understandably resentful "locals."

To those no-class, disrespectful pieces of crap: God **** the Queen. :neutral:

Feña14
12-10-2007, 04:04 PM
Hey Kevin, ever see the film of Dempsey winning the heavyweight title over Jess Willard (Toledo, July 4, 1919)? Probably the most brutal beating ever administered. This was before rules required a fighter to go to a "neutral corner" upon knocking his opponent down; i.e., he could stand over (behind) his opponent, and as soon as his opponent's knee raised off the canvas--BOOM!--the guy (in this case, Dempsey) could practically rabbit punch the poor palooka senseless.

A number of rumors also had it that Dempsey's "tape job" may've also involved some Plaster-of-Paris. Speaking of Willard, there were rumors that he won the title (in Havana) because Jack Johnson eventually took a dive in the 26th round.

But I digress:
WHAT WAS REALLY DIRTY THE OTHER NIGHT IN VEGAS WERE THE LOW-CLASS, LOW-RENT, DISRESPECTFUL PIECES OF SHIATE FROM ENGLAND WHO HAD THE CONSUMATE GALL TO WHISTLE AND BOO THE NATIONAL ANTHEM OF THE UNITED STATES--IMAGINE BOOING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM OF A COUNTRY....IN THE HOST COUNTRY. THEY THROUGHLY EMBARRASSED THEMSELVES. I, AND OTHERS, WERE GREEN WITH ANGER AND THEY--WELL, BEING ENGLISH--THEY WERE UNDERSTANDABLY GREEN WITH DENTURES.

In this thread, I previously said that I would laugh if Hatton somehow pulled off an upset (even though I did correctly 'vote' a Mayweather knockout). However, by the end of the Star Bangled Banner, all bets were then off: I wanted Mayweather to shove it up those limey sons-of-bltche's arses. And he did....to the chants of "USA" from the understandably resentful "locals."

To those no-class, disrespectful pieces of crap: God **** the Queen. :neutral:

Everyone boo's national anthems in sport lol :confused:

It happens, America don't often play sports against other Countries so they probably aren't used to it but that's how it is.. it's just theatre.

ProStaffTour90
12-10-2007, 04:31 PM
:lol:

Funny... i couldn't hear any of these "USA" chants you speak of after the K.O. All i could hear was "Hatton Wonderland" even when he was flat on his back.

If you're the host country, why don't you get enough people to the actual event so that you can sing it loud enough to drown out the boo's...

...oh and a teeth joke, great :lol:

Dedans Penthouse
12-11-2007, 01:00 PM
No.

It's about the fact that I will respect

today....and

....the next day....

your country

Fena: you've benn kind enough (in the past) to 'explain' the Premiere League to this uninfomed 'yank; (i.e., keep it in check: )

Morrisey.......your Arsenal? :-)