PDA

View Full Version : For Alafter (I think)

meowmix
11-29-2007, 01:00 PM
A few months ago, there was a thread and it somehow led to somebody (I think it was Alafter) saying that their local Chinese grocery store had just switched owners and that the little black beans they used to use in their stir fry couldn't be found. They also stated that when they tried to talk to the new owner about the little black beans, the owner had no idea.

It's been a while, but I finally remembered that the beans are called Dou Shi (pronounced D-OH kind of lie DUH! with an OH! (as in oh my god) and Shi is pronounced like the word for 4 in Chinese).

Hope this helps whoever it was that posted!

Leelord337
11-29-2007, 01:29 PM
A few months ago, there was a thread and it somehow led to somebody (I think it was Alafter) saying that their local Chinese grocery store had just switched owners and that the little black beans they used to use in their stir fry couldn't be found. They also stated that when they tried to talk to the new owner about the little black beans, the owner had no idea.

It's been a while, but I finally remembered that the beans are called Dou Shi (pronounced D-OH kind of lie DUH! with an OH! (as in oh my god) and Shi is pronounced like the word for 4 in Chinese).

Hope this helps whoever it was that posted!

This is a real chinese restaurant here in houston: "Fu Kim"