PDA

View Full Version : Not Tennis Related at all, sorry. Need Help Selecting an mp3 Player

Pr0DiGy
11-29-2007, 04:28 PM
I'm a junior in high school, 16 years old. I need a new mp3 player, but I'm pretty clueless about them. Maybe one of you tech wizards can help me out. I'm looking for a good music player that will last the beating of a high schooler. Gonna be used daily on the bus to school, when I'm waiting for a tournament match, etc. Need something with a pretty good battery life. In December, I'm gonna be taking a trip up to Vermont for a ski trip. It'll take at least 6 to 8 hours to get up there, and I'll be bored out of my mind. Over the spring break, my school band (I'm a band geek) will be taking a trip up to Montreal and Quebec City, and it'll take around 10 hours on a bus.

You might find it weird, but I'm really not into iPods.

I'm looking for around 4 GB, which is enough for me.

I'm interested in a few models right now.

Microsoft Zune 2nd Generation 4 GB

iRiver Clix 2nd Generation 4 GB

Toshiba Gigabeat 4 GB

These are all around 150 dollars. My budget is 200. Which one will be the best? If not one of the above mentioned, are there any suggestions you have?

P.S. I want something that is easy enough to use. I don't want to spend half an hour trying to figure out how to transfer a song.

D-man
11-29-2007, 04:33 PM
hey my bro got a 8gb RCA opal from Walmart for only 89.97 and it's pretty cool. simple to use and really small. not a name brand, but it has pretty nice sound amd seems to work really good.

I have a Creative Labs Muvo which works pretty good too.

Pr0DiGy
11-30-2007, 11:43 AM
okay, I've narrowed it down to two

the Creative Zen 4 GB 130$
and
the iRiver Clix Second Gen 4 GB 150$

I'm torn between the two. The Creative has a bigger screen, and I hear that Creative has a pretty good reputation. Also, it's cheaper

On the other hand, the iRiver has more features (cool navigation, games, cool "Now Playing" screen.) However, it's slightly more expensive, and I've read reviews of customers unsatisfied with the service and help they received.

Any input will be appreciated.

BiGGieStuFF
11-30-2007, 12:17 PM
I got a 4gb nano 3rd gen from work as a gift and i'm just now getting used to it. iTunes is taking forever to find album art for my 7000 songs.

So far it seems pretty cool. I would have liked bluetooth on it so I bought a bluetooth adapter for iPods.