PDA

View Full Version : Identify this WTA player!

Gundam
11-30-2007, 12:31 PM
:)Comments: Hello, my name is Heather. I am a former top 10 player in the World. I have made it to the semifinals of the French Open and the 4th round of the US. open. I would highly recommend this racket to all sorts of players. It has great feel coupled with tremendous power. The control is great and when I volley, they are very crisp. This is one of if not the best rackets I have played with. I think it is especially good for top juniors since it is like a "stepping stone" to the heavier rackets such as the 03 Tour. This is much better than the rackets I used to use 20 years ago.
String type and tension: Wilson Natural Strings at 56 lbs
Headsize: 100
NTRP Rating: 6.5

From Prince O3 shark hybrid review.

Who would this player be? Just curious.

AlpineCadet
11-30-2007, 02:40 PM
What if this person who's being quoted is only assuming the identity of that former WTA player? It's quite tricky.

Gundam
11-30-2007, 05:17 PM
What if this person who's being quoted is only assuming the identity of that former WTA player? It's quite tricky.

Do you think the person was trying to boost the sale of that prince racquet? :( I wonder if this Heather person was an actual Top 10 player. If she was active 20 years ago circa 1987, we should remember the name, Heather, shouldn't we?

2 Cent
11-30-2007, 06:36 PM
Mary Joe Fernandez?

goober
11-30-2007, 06:57 PM
Mary Joe Fernandez?

Not her- she got to the SF of the US Open twice not just 4th round.

ChipNCharge
03-10-2008, 01:46 PM
There was a pro in the mid 80's named Heather Crowe.

http://www.tenniscorner.net/index.php?corner=w&action=activity&playerid=CRH002

I checked Wikipedia for the women's singles draws for the French Open during the 80's. There wasn't anyone with the name "Heather" making it to the semi-finals. However, maybe Heather Crowe made it to the semi-finals of the doubles or mixed doubles?? I couldn't find where Wikipedia listed those draws.