PDA

View Full Version : Prince POG

devilish_duke
11-27-2004, 08:42 PM
Hey TW staff, I was just wondering, why isn't there a review of the Prince POG? It's one of the classic racquets and there's a review of it's counterpart, the PS 6.0 85. Also, are the POG 90 and POG 93 the same thing? I read somewhere that the measuring system changed. Or is the 90 simply the POG mid because the 93 is listed as an MP? Thanks.

Swan Song
11-28-2004, 03:38 PM
Prince's "90" series are technically 93 in2. That is why "MP" or "Midplus" is used on the POG 90 and some CTS 90 racquets (i.e. CTS Approach MP or 90) because 93 in2. are considered Midplus by some people; therefore the POG 93 and the 90 are exactly the same. Do not quote me on this, but I think Prince changed their measuring system over the years, such as the POG 110 changing to 107 or POG 90 to 93. The reason why some people refer to the "Prince Graphite Midplus(93)" a POG Mid is because the 93 in2. seem close to be a midsize rather than a midplus. Again, please do not quote me on this.

TW Staff
11-29-2004, 09:19 AM
Although we have not reviewed the POG MP or OS, we are including these racquets in our new comparative review series. The reviews are written by members of the Talk Tennis message boards and so far we have got excellent reviews.

The Mid and Midplus are the same - only differences are the cosmetic and the name.

Chris, TW