PDA

View Full Version : Bolle shades, which ones are the best?

Tennisute
03-20-2004, 07:38 AM
I play outdoors with the usual strange backgrounds, and focusing on the @##@ ball can mean the difference between winning /losing.

The Bolle line appears to have many options, has anyone tried the different models with success?

The Paroles and Vigilante appear to be the lightest, but perhaps they allow 'side' views into your vision since they has less frame area.

I'm surprised pros don't wear shades more often given the many hours they spend in the sun.

Loud
03-21-2004, 08:59 PM
Vigilantes are bigger.

TechnoJock
03-22-2004, 01:09 PM
I have the Vigilante & a pair of the Boomslang.

The Boomslang are so uncomfortable, not to mention that the lenses are not interchangeable, there is not enough ventiilation so that when you perspire in cooler weather, they fog up like crazy.

To me the Boomslang model is a waste of money, the Vigilante is really nice.

baseliner
03-23-2004, 09:17 AM
I also have worn the vigilantes. Nice specs. Not familiar with the other model. I read a medical journal report once on sun glasses and tennis and some guy came up with the figure 25% as the light loss by wearing a pair of sun glasses. Hence few pros wear them in matches, except those of course paid to endorse them. I think Brad Gilbert and one of the Jenson brothers were sunglass endorsers at one time.

TechnoJock
03-23-2004, 09:23 PM
Didn't Agassi wear them for a very short while also?

Although, probably not Bolle - but rather Oakley I believe...

plasma
12-19-2008, 08:21 PM
just wanted to revive the oldest thread available for fun...bolles??? they used to be so cool!...hahaha, that's great, let me get my VS gut and my ellese's out...