PDA

View Full Version : facebook or myspace??

Tempest344
12-04-2007, 02:40 AM
who here has succumbed to the demon of online social networking? lol

I know i have

anyone else got myspace or facebook and hates it but still uses it?

ps this is not an attempt to add more so called "friends"

westside
12-04-2007, 02:45 AM
Haha, yeah...i have Myspace.

I enjoy it though cause i can catch up with old friends. I hate it when people have 500 or so friends...as if you talk to all of them.

tbini87
12-04-2007, 07:36 AM
i have never had, and will never have a myspace. however, i do have a facebook, and even though it was not my idea and made by my friends because i am practically computer illiterate, i have learned to like it and use it often. i like being able to keep in touch with all of my friends that are away at college, and other people that have moved away and i don't get to see them often.

Sanyi
12-04-2007, 07:41 AM
never ever liked MySpace, I think it was very sloppy. However facebook is very good, I go on it often.

diegaa
12-04-2007, 07:46 AM
i find facebook more user freindly

WBF
12-04-2007, 07:49 AM
Facebook when the occasion warrants.

MySpace is trash. It reminds me of websites of yore: flashing graphics, animations, annoying midi files, terrible color schemes... Just plain bad.

forzainter
12-04-2007, 08:34 AM
bebo beats both facebook and myspace

PROTENNIS63
12-04-2007, 08:58 AM
don't like neither.

caesar66
12-04-2007, 09:22 AM
I like facebook, myspace is ad -ridden and annoying

tzinc
12-04-2007, 09:54 AM
I don't do either seriously - it seems facebook is hotter right now then myspace.

Fee
12-04-2007, 12:05 PM
I have all three - facebook, myspace, and bebo (I didn't even realize I had a bebo account until I got some random update newsletter. It seems a lot of people signed up for it in 2005 when it was some type of address book service).

Facebook is now going to start sharing information with advertisers and posting your purchases from certain websites (like Amazon) in your news feed. Yay. Myspace is handy, and I get a huge kick out of all of the fake tennis player sites, but I can't stand people who have no idea how to set up a clean page. Thankfully, my friends aren't like that.

Alex09
12-04-2007, 12:35 PM
facebook is much better, BEBO not really

dave333
12-04-2007, 01:50 PM
facebook alll da way

Mastermind
12-04-2007, 02:30 PM
I like myspace more by just a hair, mainly because more of my friends are on it (227 compared to 78 for facebook). I think they're both pretty nice though.

abenguyen
12-04-2007, 04:02 PM
i have both cause of cousins. never on them unless they spam my email when something happens

mhstennis100
12-04-2007, 05:02 PM
Facebook is way better than myspace.

ChuDat
12-04-2007, 05:07 PM
i use both, trying to use more of facebook though since most of all my friends use it

uni
12-04-2007, 05:21 PM
facebook is def better than myspace

babolatking
12-04-2007, 05:31 PM
facebook is def better than myspace

yep fb is 10x better.... myspace has all of these....

UR GONNA DIE IN 12 HOURS IF YOU DON'T REPLY TO 100 PEOPLE IN THE NEXT HOUR!!!

I mean c'mon that gets annoying after a while.

Hot Sauce
12-04-2007, 05:45 PM
Facebook is much cleaner.

lethalfang
12-04-2007, 05:50 PM
Facebook: you'll never lose touch with your friends.

FEDEX1
12-04-2007, 06:04 PM
ya defintly facebook. i did use myspace tho. but everyone moved to facebook so there no reason to be on myspace when you cant talk to anyone.

yodudedudeyo
12-04-2007, 06:08 PM
Myspace is too clogged with junk and messy.
Facebook is sweet, but I am not a fan of all these new crap applications coming up, who needs it?

Plus, we all know that neopets is where the party is at.

jmsx521
12-04-2007, 06:11 PM
Facebook is cleaner, but navigation-wise both of them are terrible.

slice bh compliment
12-04-2007, 06:27 PM
I go with another one. It's called actually interacting with people, like, one on one?

It used to be the thing -- the only way to go. Then it got labelled as inefficient and slow...and difficult.

Now it's all hip again. Yeah, it is wild: you actually make friends with people who are firends with your friends. You call 'em, text with them, email, meet them out for a dinner and stuff, maybe a drink or something. Sometimes to even go see a movie or a play with those people in an actual theater. Other times you play tennis with a friend, sometimes with two others. Sometimes you actually have these 'friends' over to your house, and maybe cook something for them.

There's less lying and posturing with this system of networking, sure, but it's definitely pretty cool. Really genuine and authentic experience, overall.

Seriously, though, someone told me some young people have really precocious online personae...and a totally different 'clean version' myspace page for their folks to see. That's disconcerting, man. I mean, I was guilty of partying in HS and college.... had a fake id and all...and spent a little too much time with too many fine young ladies in my 20s, but this is a new low. And some of it, dangerous for the kids.

I know, I'm middle aged man, but I'd hate to see any of you young crackas get hurt, that's all. Be careful, be wise and keep it real.

lethalfang
12-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Myspace is too clogged with junk and messy.
Facebook is sweet, but I am not a fan of all these new crap applications coming up, who needs it?

Plus, we all know that neopets is where the party is at.

You don't have to install all those crap applications.

Elina
12-05-2007, 01:30 AM
I have both myspace and facebook accounts. Anyway, I practically never use myspace, because it's too messy. Facebook is much simpler and I use it daily. :)

Sanyi
12-07-2007, 05:34 PM
.........I go with another one. It's called actually interacting with people, like, one on one?

It used to be the thing -- the only way to go. Then it got labelled as inefficient and slow...and difficult.

Now it's all hip again. Yeah, it is wild: you actually make friends with people who are firends with your friends. You call 'em, text with them, email, meet them out for a dinner and stuff, maybe a drink or something. Sometimes to even go see a movie or a play with those people in an actual theater. Other times you play tennis with a friend, sometimes with two others. Sometimes you actually have these 'friends' over to your house, and maybe cook something for them.

There's less lying and posturing with this system of networking, sure, but it's definitely pretty cool. Really genuine and authentic experience, overall.

Seriously, though, someone told me some young people have really precocious online personae...and a totally different 'clean version' myspace page for their folks to see. That's disconcerting, man. I mean, I was guilty of partying in HS and college.... had a fake id and all...and spent a little too much time with too many fine young ladies in my 20s, but this is a new low. And some of it, dangerous for the kids.

I know, I'm middle aged man, but I'd hate to see any of you young crackas get hurt, that's all. Be careful, be wise and keep it real.no

Feņa14
12-07-2007, 08:00 PM
I don't have facebook (I heard it has alot to do with school/university?) That's not much use for me lol.

I've got a myspace but I don't use it much.

stoffer
12-07-2007, 09:36 PM
Im proud to say I dont have either.

tennisfan_23
12-07-2007, 10:41 PM
Facebook rocks.
People say lots of stuff about it, and how it's come to dominate the Internet world... Which is kinda true, I suppose, but it's a very good system and I'm not obsessed with it. You just have to learn how to distance yourself from technology sometimes, but still be able to use it.

jmsx521
12-08-2007, 08:22 AM
I go with another one. It's called actually interacting with people, like, one on one?

I know, I'm middle aged man, but I'd hate to see any of you young crackas get hurt, that's all. Be careful, be wise and keep it real.Great Post!

I thought friendships are something you built in the course of time. But, now with MySpace and Facebook, a friendship is just a button-click away. On MySpace I even get offers from friends that are in the adult business... and I get them every day.... It's called spam.

Forehand Forever
12-08-2007, 08:24 AM
Facebook's a lot better but I only use my MySpace because I have a lot of friends I talk to on there.

Facebook's better for schools though.

Fee
12-08-2007, 11:31 AM
Great Post!

I thought friendships are something you built in the course of time. But, now with MySpace and Facebook, a friendship is just a button-click away. On MySpace I even get offers from friends that are in the adult business... and I get them every day.... It's called spam.

There's a way to stop that. Change the Spam settings in your account profile, require a 'captcha' for friend requests, messages, and comments.

jmsx521
12-08-2007, 12:06 PM
Ok, thanks, I'll try that.

Sanyi
12-09-2007, 11:44 AM
On MySpace I even get offers from friends that are in the adult business... and I get them every day.... It's called spam.for some, that's the only friends they can ever get:cry:

tbini87
12-09-2007, 01:09 PM
You don't have to install all those crap applications.

exactly. i haven't added any new features from facebook. mine is as it was the day after i got it, and is still working like a champ.