PDA

View Full Version : beer mate?

Tempest344
12-04-2007, 02:39 AM
whats your favourite type of beer?

Personally mine would have to be any stout.....love em

BTW no quibbling about what type of beer this is or whether its classified as that etc

tbini87
12-04-2007, 06:38 AM
don't drink... and don't like beer. sorry. maybe when i am older and become a "real man" i will, but maybe not.

PimpMyGame
12-04-2007, 06:39 AM
I'm going through a Guinness period...

GRANITECHIEF
12-04-2007, 07:38 AM
Delerium Nocturnum - mmmmmgood is Ale!

norcal
12-04-2007, 07:46 AM
Steel Reserve biatches!

caesar66
12-04-2007, 08:25 AM
Steel Reserve biatches!

back in my days of cheap beer and drinking to get drunk, I got used to steel reserve. Its disgusting, but it gets the job done. Thank God that's behind me! I am a Sam Adams guy if I'm drinking two or less, Budweiser/Bud Light beyond that.

hjminard
12-04-2007, 08:43 AM
Medium to dark lagers (Schwarzbier, Dunkel, Vienna, Oktoberfest/Märzen, etc.)

Mastermind
12-04-2007, 01:32 PM
Whatever is offered me....

But I like mainly ale.

10sfreak
12-04-2007, 01:50 PM
LOL! I don't even know the differences among them! I like Bud/Light, Coors/Light, etc. What are those beers?

Pleepers
12-04-2007, 01:51 PM
Tough call between ale and lager. I like both Blue Moon and Negra Modelo -its like yin vs yang :)

peter
12-04-2007, 02:06 PM
LOL! I don't even know the differences among them! I like Bud/Light, Coors/Light, etc. What are those beers?

F****** close to water. Badly tasting water.

10sfreak
12-04-2007, 02:49 PM
Owww! That was harsh...Actually, I'm not much of a drinker at all, so I guess that's why my taste is kinda on the mild side...
P.S. I guess they're not "Stout", huh? LOL!

Commando Tennis Shorts
12-04-2007, 03:01 PM
Domestic - Sam Adams, of which some of my favorites are Black Lager, Cream Stout, Boston Lager, Old Fezziwig Ale

Import - Newcastle Brown Ale - delicious

Breakaz54z
12-04-2007, 04:52 PM
Lager and Pilseners. Mainly light to medium lagers. Unfortunately the main favorites are main stream beers like corona, bud select, asahi, amstel light, various sam adams. Blue moon and hoegaaden is amazing too. What is hoegaaden considered?

TheShaun
12-04-2007, 05:19 PM
the winner is.....

http://www.bienmanger.com/images/genre/2264_Asahi_Biere_Japon.jpg

Breakaz54z
12-04-2007, 06:13 PM
the winner is.....

http://www.bienmanger.com/images/genre/2264_Asahi_Biere_Japon.jpg

YES!!! Especially ones that are brewed in Japan!! :D

hjminard
12-04-2007, 08:34 PM
Blue moon and hoegaaden is amazing too. What is hoegaaden considered?

Hoegaarden is a "Wit" beer (white ale ... brewed with wheat as well as the usual malted barley)

hjminard
12-04-2007, 08:38 PM

Technically speaking, they might be classified as pilsners (lager), but mostly they're classified separately as American Lagers or American Light Lagers.

Personally, I've labeled them "Industrial Yellow Water" ;)

Breakaz54z
12-04-2007, 08:49 PM
Hoegaarden is a "Wit" beer (white ale ... brewed with wheat as well as the usual malted barley)

ooh gotcha, thanks very much! you seem very knowledgeable about your beers. hoegaarden(sp previously) is nice to have during a special occasion.

Reveille1984
12-04-2007, 09:04 PM
Blue Moon with orange is good lately. There's a local brew down here thats a type of IPA but without the super bitter hoppiness which I usally associate with IPA's, I forget the name of it but it is pretty amazing. I usualy go for Newcastle, Hefeweizen or Sam Adams (mild, smooth and/or nutty beers), nothing too stout and roasted tasting or overly bubbly/carbonated.

I don't know how people enjoy Asahi, it's so dry that I need a better beer to wash it down with!

Mike Bulgakov
12-05-2007, 05:25 PM
Strong, but true, words coming from the land of Pripps, Spendrups and Falcon. Thirsty Swedes have to invade Denmark or take ships full of Lapin Kulta to Finland to see real beer in its natural habitat.

The Czech Republic has great beers, but Guinness is hard to beat.

BMG
12-05-2007, 05:58 PM
In the summer on a hot day nothing beats a wheat or Weis beer with lemon or lime. In the cooler days of fall/winter I enjoy an English bitter or Guinness...or maybe a Pale Ale like Sierra Nevada. Anytime sippin' on a Belgian Ale (Trappist) is pretty sweet.

tennisfan_23
12-05-2007, 06:19 PM
Sweet, I'm with the majority.

Belgian ales are the best. I especially love this time of the year when the LCBO stocks up on Chimay, Golden Draak, Affligem, and other fine beers. :)

GRANITECHIEF
12-06-2007, 07:43 AM
Have you Belgian fans tried Delerium?

It blow doors on Chimay in my opinion.

ilovecarlos
12-06-2007, 09:16 AM
Stella.....unless I'm sitting on a barstool in my favorite pub in Dublin, then it's Guiness all the way baby:)

richw76
12-06-2007, 10:24 AM
Blue Moon with orange is good lately. There's a local brew down here thats a type of IPA but without the super bitter hoppiness which I usally associate with IPA's, I forget the name of it but it is pretty amazing. I usualy go for Newcastle, Hefeweizen or Sam Adams (mild, smooth and/or nutty beers), nothing too stout and roasted tasting or overly bubbly/carbonated.

I don't know how people enjoy Asahi, it's so dry that I need a better beer to wash it down with!

If you like blue Moon, try Purple Haze or Sweet water Blue. Good stuff. I think we should do a Poll on best Cheap beer

I'd say Amber bock it's about 5$ for a 6 pack and taste as good as any microbrew.

edmondsm
12-06-2007, 10:28 AM
That's like asking: what's your favorite way of winning a million dollars? How do you pick.

Living in the northwest, we've got some of the best microbrews you can find.

Rogue: Dead Guy Ale
Deschutes: Bachelor ESB and Cinder Cone

and any nice IPA.

richw76
12-06-2007, 11:02 AM
That's like asking: what's your favorite way of winning a million dollars? How do you pick.

Living in the northwest, we've got some of the best microbrews you can find.

Rogue: Dead Guy Ale
Deschutes: Bachelor ESB and Cinder Cone

and any nice IPA.

My favorite way of winning a million is in a brown paper bag, next to some rail road tracks, far from my house. :-)

and PBR Rules!!! ;-)

ilovecarlos
12-06-2007, 03:12 PM
My favorite way of winning a million is in a brown paper bag, next to some rail road tracks, far from my house. :-)

and PBR Rules!!! ;-)

*******BARF********:shock:

peter
12-07-2007, 03:49 AM
Strong, but true, words coming from the land of Pripps, Spendrups and Falcon. Thirsty Swedes have to invade Denmark or take ships full of Lapin Kulta to Finland to see real beer in its natural habitat.

The Czech Republic has great beers, but Guinness is hard to beat.

Lapin Kulta is not much better than Pripps/Spendrups/Falcon. Also f..eh, really close to water. With more alcohol though :-)

Na. Guinness, good Ales, Belgian ones, and also some Czech ones are nice.

GS
12-07-2007, 08:30 AM
Watch out, my American brothers---the price of hops is going up here (long story) and so will beer prices, probably in a month or so.

Kevin T
12-07-2007, 02:28 PM
Domestic - Sam Adams, of which some of my favorites are Black Lager, Cream Stout, Boston Lager, Old Fezziwig Ale

Import - Newcastle Brown Ale - delicious

Nice call on the Fezziwig Ale, Commando. I look forward to it every Christmas. I've been drinking it for 10 years and I swear it's changed lately. Maybe not as spicy as it used to be? What do you think? I really like all the winter beers...Anchor Holiday Ale, Alaskan Winter Ale, Sam Adams Octoberfest is fantastic. Star Hill in Charlottesville, VA makes some of the best brew in America.

As for cheap beer, gotta go with Rich from Hotlanta...PBR all the way. I used to hammer down $5 buckets (6 per bucket) of PBR when I lived in Charleston, SC. I also have an affinity for good 'ole Old Style. When I used to live in Cincy, I frequented a bar/music club that had 24oz cans of Old Style in the bag for 99 cents. 5 of those and you're good to go, throw in a nice $5 tip for the lovely barkeep and you're drunk and eternally hooked up for $10 bones.

SOY78
12-07-2007, 02:41 PM
I like all sorts of beer, don't have a favorite just yet. I like the german reds for sure. Any beer tastes good after a hot summer day tennis match, not Miller or Coors though or that Michelobe Ultra **** :)

richw76
12-07-2007, 03:37 PM
I like all sorts of beer, don't have a favorite just yet. I like the german reds for sure. Any beer tastes good after a hot summer day tennis match, not Miller or Coors though or that Michelobe Ultra **** :)

Or my All Time Party favorite South Paw. It's about $6 for a 12 pack and actually taste ok..... at least for a 6$ 12-pack beer, way better than Natural light, I'd say it's on par with Bud Lite :-)

and a 40-OZ of Micky's ICE my college party brew of choice. It was about $1.80.

Dedans Penthouse
12-10-2007, 07:58 AM
Lapin Kulta is not much better than Pripps/Spendrups/Falcon. Also f..eh, really close to water. With more alcohol though :-)
True. Among "mass-produced" beers in Suomi (Finland), Karhu has more "balls" than Lapin Kulta.

Na. Guinness, good Ales, Belgian ones, and also some Czech ones are nice.I learned from watching a travel show on TV the other day that the Czechs--on a per capita basis--are #1 when it comes to beer consumption. Czech-mate! :-)

ericsson
12-10-2007, 10:20 AM
Sweet, I'm with the majority.

Belgian ales are the best. I especially love this time of the year when the LCBO stocks up on Chimay, Golden Draak, Affligem, and other fine beers. :)

Can you guys really enjoy these beers in the States? i didn't know that.

malakas
12-10-2007, 10:45 AM
I learned from watching a travel show on TV the other day that the Czechs--on a per capita basis--are #1 when it comes to beer consumption. Czech-mate! :-)

really?I thought it was the poles? they drink a lot up north.:)

Leelord337
12-10-2007, 11:47 AM
its all about the heineken light

Breakaz54z
12-10-2007, 01:26 PM
its all about the heineken light

why not regular heineken??

Leelord337
12-11-2007, 11:14 AM
Steel Reserve biatches!

this stuff will have you Shi@@ing in the closet and pi@@ing in the sink. Awful beer.

Leelord337
12-11-2007, 11:16 AM
why not regular heineken??

i likem both but the light has less carbs

Leelord337
12-11-2007, 11:18 AM
Stella.....unless I'm sitting on a barstool in my favorite pub in Dublin, then it's Guiness all the way baby:)

haha, my friend and i watched this girl in the local grocery store. we were buying beer and she was super hot, looked like a model. she was just buying a 6 pack of stella artois. since we were behind her in the line we saw her put the beer in the back of her mo-ped and drive off, it was hilarious. just the beer in the moped. and she was hot!

bluegrasser
12-11-2007, 01:19 PM
Like I said before " Bell's Two Hearted Ale" you'll thank me - try it...

hjminard
12-11-2007, 06:34 PM
Like I said before " Bell's Two Hearted Ale" you'll thank me - try it...

Or Bell's Oberon ... or Bell's Cherry Stout ... or ... well, pretty much anything Bell's puts out.

HyperHorse
12-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Schofferhoffer or Paulaner Salvatore are my favourite beers of all time.. Pity german beer is a bit $$$ down under...
For local beers, I like James Squires Golden Ale... mmmm

tzinc
12-11-2007, 09:55 PM
Kingfisher, Kozel, Pilzner, Alexander Keiths... not a fan of dark beers.

Breakaz54z
12-14-2007, 10:04 AM
i likem both but the light has less carbs

True true. Essential to keeping a good diet. Light does taste as good as the regular