PDA

View Full Version : Looking for full copy of Sampras-Becker (1996)

krosero
12-04-2007, 05:51 AM
This is the ATP Championship match in Hanover. My DVD contains the German TV coverage (with Steeb as an analyst) and is missing a few games -- in the middle of the third set and the beginning of the fourth.

I'm looking for someone who's willing either to sell a copy or to take down stats for those games. You can reply here or send me a message. Thanks.

Moose Malloy
12-04-2007, 09:29 AM
My copy is an edited version that aired on espn, don't know if it has the games you want, what were the exact games you wanted? Will check to see if they're there.

I have the RR match they played earlier at that event on dvd, I actually that the quality of play was better in that one(they didn't serve as well as in the final, so more returns were put back in play, allowing for more rallies, etc)

laurie
12-04-2007, 09:53 AM
I have the whole match in German - 3hrs 45 minutes long, no games missing, complete build up and complete presentation. Good picture.

Drop me an email if you want it.

krosero
12-04-2007, 11:21 AM
My copy is an edited version that aired on espn, don't know if it has the games you want, what were the exact games you wanted? Will check to see if they're there.

I have the RR match they played earlier at that event on dvd, I actually that the quality of play was better in that one(they didn't serve as well as in the final, so more returns were put back in play, allowing for more rallies, etc)I've bought Laurie's copy but thanks for the offer. I'm surprised to hear that the RR was better serving, because the ATP site has them both serving at higher percentages in the final. However if there were more rallies in the final, I wonder if that means more winners. I'm already getting a low count of winners for the final (rally winners, apart from service). I'll have those stats up probably next week.

Moose Malloy
12-04-2007, 11:28 AM
I've bought Laurie's copy but thanks for the offer. I'm surprised to hear that the RR was better serving, because the ATP site has them both serving at higher percentages in the final. However if there were more rallies in the final, I wonder if that means more winners. I'm already getting a low count of winners for the final (rally winners, apart from service).

I didn't phrase that properly. I meant that since they had lower 1st serve %s in the RR, they were able to get more returns in play, therefore had more rallies, etc. it was more entertaining imo(but of course the final was great as well)
Maybe I'll do the stats on the RR(very fast paced match, shouldn't take long)

as far as the low count for winners, not surprising(even though the 'official' count of winners was quite high since they include service winners)

krosero
12-04-2007, 11:34 AM
I didn't phrase that properly. I meant that since they had lower 1st serve %s in the RR, they were able to get more returns in play, therefore had more rallies, etc. it was more entertaining imo(but of course the final was great as well)
Maybe I'll do the stats on the RR(very fast paced match, shouldn't take long)That makes more sense.

If you do that match it'll make for an interesting comparison.

ericsson
12-05-2007, 01:26 AM
I have a German copy too, i think from ZDF but the quality is not so good, fortunately the quality of the match is very high, brilliant passes, winners, aces, the match got it all. Imagine if that would be in Full HD...

jcstennis
12-05-2007, 10:10 AM
i think they used to sell this DVD in English on TW's home page... maybe ask them... i have a DVD of it, if i can get it copied i will let you know. :)

krosero
12-05-2007, 01:44 PM
i think they used to sell this DVD in English on TW's home page... maybe ask them... i have a DVD of it, if i can get it copied i will let you know. :)I may get an English-language version sometime in the future, thanks for the tip.

Sixpointone
12-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Hi All,

If anyone knows where I could get this in the English version that would be great.

To the best of my knowledge I think that it has been discontinued. However I am not fully certain of that.

All My Best,
John

jcstennis
02-12-2008, 09:10 AM
this is the web-site that carries the dvd... still out of stock!

Pete/Boris 96 DVD Link (http://www.tennisondvd.com/products.asp?cat=8&pg=2)

db379
02-18-2008, 11:55 AM
i think they used to sell this DVD in English on TW's home page... maybe ask them... i have a DVD of it, if i can get it copied i will let you know. :)

I haven't seen this match, but I'd be interested in watching it. Anyone has a copy on dvd?