PDA

View Full Version : How do you keep your hands warm?

bank5
12-05-2007, 08:49 AM
I usually don't get cold playing tennis except for my hands. It usually isn't too bad but sometimes they go numb if it's really cold. In between points I usually blow on them or put them against the skin on my side to heat them up.

I was wondering if anyone has any creative/useful ideas for keeping your hands warm. I would rather not wear gloves but am interested in other ideas.

Tennis-Chris
12-05-2007, 08:57 AM
I usually don't get cold playing tennis except for my hands. It usually isn't too bad but sometimes they go numb if it's really cold. In between points I usually blow on them or put them against the skin on my side to heat them up.

I was wondering if anyone has any creative/useful ideas for keeping your hands warm. I would rather not wear gloves but am interested in other ideas.

Where are you playing tennis that it is so cold your hands go numb? I'm going to go out on a limb and assume it snows where you play - have you thought of hockey, skiing or some other winter sport that addresses the cold factor in the gear you use - i.e. gloves and a jacket?:shock:

bank5
12-05-2007, 10:21 AM
Where are you playing tennis that it is so cold your hands go numb? I'm going to go out on a limb and assume it snows where you play - have you thought of hockey, skiing or some other winter sport that addresses the cold factor in the gear you use - i.e. gloves and a jacket?:shock:

I play in North Carolina. It's not like my hands go completely numb but when it's in the 30's they'll get cold enough where I lose some dexterity. I suppose when it's that cold I could stay inside, but I'd rather be out on the tennis courts :)

Bad Dog
12-05-2007, 10:59 AM

Even American pro football players often wear gloves in the winter to receive touchdown passes. Grip and touch are probably as important to them as they are to those of us who play tennis. :)