PDA

View Full Version : Andre Agassi Is Still The Best!

AgassiAssault
12-05-2007, 12:51 PM
THE PUNISHER IS AMAZING. ANDRE AGASSI 4 LIFE. BEST RETURN OF SERVE, BEST AT TAKING IT ON THE RISE.

Andre Kirk Agassi (born April 29, 1970) is a former World No. 1 professional tennis player from the United States who won eight Grand Slam singles tournaments and an Olympic gold medal in singles. He is one of only five male players to have won all four Grand Slam singles events during his career. He is the only player in the open era to have won every Grand Slam singles title, to have won the Tennis Masters Cup, to have been part of a winning Davis Cup team, and to have won an Olympic gold medal. He won 17 ATP Masters Series tournaments, more than any other player. TENNIS Magazine has named him the 7th greatest male player from 1965 through 2005.

Because of sciatica caused by two bulging discs in his back, a spondylolisthesis (vertebral displacement), and a bone spur that interferes with the nerve, Agassi retired from professional tennis on September 3, 2006, after losing in the third round of the U.S. Open. Agassi is married to Steffi Graf and has two children. He is the founder of the Andre Agassi Charitable Foundation, which has raised over $60 million for at-risk children in Southern Nevada.[1] In 2001, the Foundation opened the Andre Agassi College Preparatory Academy in Las Vegas, a K-12 public charter school for at-risk children.[2

mista-k
12-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Agassi is still retired.

AgassiAssault
12-05-2007, 01:27 PM
thanks for the history lesson.

i meant to say he still the best. i'm working on my english. let me know if it doesn't work.

akv89
12-05-2007, 01:49 PM
TENNIS Magazine has named him the 7th greatest male player from 1965 through 2005.

Then why is he still the best? :-D

AgassiAssault
12-05-2007, 02:15 PM
Tennis magazine isn't the boss of who is best. Just watch any agassi match of him returning serve. you'll know what i mean ;)

andre is the best forever period.

hyogen
12-05-2007, 02:24 PM
lol...this is the first time I've heard of his middle name. I guess there are more diehard fans than even me! O_O

AgassiAssault
12-05-2007, 02:27 PM
If u knew Andre's statistics, you'd understand his middle name is KIRK. When in this message did we say KIRK? You should practice more.

hoosierbr
12-05-2007, 02:35 PM
Hard to say who the best is but AA is certainly on the shortlist. Only player since Laver to have won all four Slams, something Sampras never managed to do and Fed has yet to do.

Leelord337
12-05-2007, 03:26 PM
i like agassi and everything but I've seen him double fault when his opponent has match point more than once.

Tennis-Chris
12-05-2007, 03:34 PM
But not the greatest. I really enjoyed watching him play, some of his shotaking was truly amazing. Too many times it seems like Andre choked at the big points. Still, all four slams, the ATP Masters and an Olympic Gold are outstanding and have to rank him among the greatest. Plus he married smokin' hot Steffi Graf.:mrgreen: