PDA

View Full Version : Worst Package Delivery Carrier?

TripleB
11-29-2004, 10:44 AM
I ordered a PDA and it was sent using the United States Postal Service Parcel Select. It should have been here last Friday or Saturday and it still hasn't made it to me yet. So this leads me to this question about the worst package delivery carrier.

My vote - United State Postal Service!!!

TripleB

OnyxZ28
11-29-2004, 10:59 AM
DHL and Fedex are both terrible. Two weeks from SD to CA. How about that for record time?

perfmode
11-29-2004, 11:00 AM
I have two packages coming today (hard drive and another ipod). The ipod is coming through Fedex but the hard drive I'm not sure of (it's a gift).
I haven't had problems with any of them but the people who work at the USPS local office right down the street and really rude. I try to avoid going there as much as possible.
I usually get things a couple days earlier with Fedex but that doesn't make UPS bad. They still get here on time. I ordered the Pod on Friday with Fedex Express and the estimate was Dec 1st but it's on the delivery van already.

Matt Choi
11-29-2004, 11:08 AM
UPS is the worst. If you looked at their warehouses and their sorting lines you'd never send it through these guys.

david aames
11-29-2004, 11:47 AM
You need to be more specific. Of course, USPS services will be just average if you go for the cheapo rate. I never have problems sending and receiving packages Priority. I usually add delivery confirmation. Can't beat the USPS Priority rate/service when it comes to shipping from one coast to another.

Fedex is the worse. Overpriced and a pain in the butt for internation shipping -- for some reason, everything I sent or received through them ended up being opened or delayed when going through customs.

NoBadMojo
11-29-2004, 12:18 PM
i aqree w. david...if you are shipping 2 pounds or less usps priority is the way to go..no more than 3 days from coast to coast and 5 bucks for 2 pounds (one racquet sans cover).( price seems to go up disproportionately (sp?) above 2 lbs.) including delivery confirmation which gives you a tracking number. you can also connect two of the free priority mail boxes together to make a shipping carton for a racquet. shipping more than 2 pounds i have found ups, fed ex, dhl, etc to all be about the same...ups ground seems to be the most reasonable.....

drakulie
11-29-2004, 12:55 PM
UPS SUCKS!!!!!!!!

jun
11-29-2004, 01:17 PM
never really had any problem..
As far as service wise, I don't like UPS very much. They wouldn't make redeliver attemp even though you call them early enough. Also I hate saying some 20 digit tracking number into a machine and listen to that annoying confirmation from machine....

Fedex would make a redelievery attempt if you call them early enough. Also you talk to real person....

david aames
11-29-2004, 01:43 PM
No you don't. By default, it's one of those robots now. You only talk to a real person if you ask to.

Fedex would make a redelievery attempt if you call them early enough. Also you talk to real person....

mlee2
11-29-2004, 03:34 PM
I'm actually one of those UPS guys that you people are talking about. It depends on location of the hubs, but here in HI: my co-workers and I are very reliable and flexible to meet customer needs (*cough* ;-)). But seriously, I've bent over backwards for customers and gotten my *** chewed for letting customers pick stuff up at the latest of hours and redelivered at the hardest of times.

I'm sure it depends on the location but from my experience, most UPS workers are flexible. Personally, I go USPS: it is the best and cheapest for the light stuff I ship. FedEx workers in my area are rude and their tracking systems are REALLY misleading.

For heavy stuff (40+ lbs): it's actually cheaper to go FedEx/UPS.

More people bash UPS simply because we have a larger customer base than FedEx. You can't win everybody. To be honest, the emphasis on UPS customer service has always been about the shipper, rather than the reciever. We've been around for a little less than 100 years and we have a lot of prestige to protect.

Advice: Track your stuff all the time if it's important, regardless of carrier.

Final notes: UPS has to call EVERYBODY who has an undeliverable package. If it's an important package, use UPS.

International items are UPS' specialty nowadays (special links to customs office) despite the trend towards FedEx.

TripleB
11-30-2004, 03:00 AM
I e-mailed USPS about my concern that my package is way late compared to the 'expected in home' date. Their response:

"Without a definitive tracking service attached to the item we are unable to locate the item in the mail stream or determine its estimated delivery date." HOW DID THEY GIVE ME A "EXPECTED IN HOME" DATE IF THEY CAN'T EVEN DETERMINE IT'S ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATE?

THEY WENT ON TO SAY: "If the item has not been received within expected delivery time (it is suggested to wait for 30 days from the date of mailing)." 30 DAYS :shock:

BTW: UPS is by far my favorite. Tracking numbers with up to the minute updates are great.

TripleB

rubyou
12-03-2004, 10:24 AM
Parcel select is 3rd class mail. You should have sent it priority or first class. Priority mail is two - three day delivery!!! 3rd class is 5- 7 days

BiGGieStuFF
12-03-2004, 10:29 AM
From my experience it's UPS. At least with USPS if they can't get the package to me then they leave it at the PO so I can go get it. UPS? They just throw the package over the fence so my dog can kick it around and the package gets all wet.

But then again with small packages from USPS, I've had it where the mailman just rings the doorbell and leaves it on the front step and runs away as fast as he can. He just rings it for liability issues. They're all *******s!!