PDA

View Full Version : Is $5 a rip-off for a good quality tennis match on dvd??

D-man
11-29-2004, 02:03 PM
Is $5 a rip-off for a good quality tennis match on dvd?? :shock:

bdawg implied this, and I was just wondering. Since I have no other way of watching tennis because I have dial-up and can't get it on TV, I buy matches on dvd at ****. The cheapest I can get at **** are for $6 a dvd... so am I getting ripped off? So does anyone know where I can buy matches for less than that? Or is there a list of people that sell matches?

drakulie
11-29-2004, 02:25 PM
I think $5.00 is an awesome price. If you find them cheaper, please post. I'd be interested.

Tenny
12-05-2004, 05:55 PM
D-man,

From whom do you buy those DVDs? I've purchased a guy named Adrian. $6-8 (2DVD), pretty good quality. But I want to see more (He has big collection but of course doesn't have all).

T.

Feņa14
12-09-2004, 02:30 PM
Yeah I have brought of Adrian on **** before. He has a great selection of Sampras matches.

The price is amazing and he delivers to England aswell which is great.

No way is $5 a rip-off.

Tenny
12-09-2004, 04:37 PM
Yeah I have brought of Adrian on **** before. He has a great selection of Sampras matches.

The price is amazing and he delivers to England aswell which is great.

No way is $5 a rip-off.

I just watched Sampras df. Lendl 90 USO DVD. I think that Adrian put some effort to use multiple sources/smooth patching to make it a complete match. Well spent money for me.

BTW, I wonder where to get more of Guga matches? I watched only one DVD but instantly fascinated. And some 80s classic WTA matches such as Evert df. Navratilova 85 French open.

T.

Feņa14
12-10-2004, 11:52 AM
I really want to get Guga's French Open wins, but can't find them.

I have seen them on one website for $35-37 per match :shock:

That's just a joke.

Brettolius
12-10-2004, 12:45 PM
and it ain't funny

dAgEnIuS
12-12-2004, 02:33 PM
i dont see much tennis match DVDs op ****...
do you guys just type "tennis match" on the search engine?

splink779
12-12-2004, 04:15 PM
Where can I see this Adrian's selection?

D-man
12-12-2004, 05:25 PM
Just click here. (http://search.*********/_W0QQgotopageZ1QQsassZa759QQsorecordsperpageZ50QQs osortorderZ1QQsosortpropertyZ1)

He might have more if you email him, I don't know, but his prices are a real steal for how much work it is to make a tennis DVD, many people don't realize, they think you can just push a button and spit them out or something.

I just type in DVD with a name, like "dvd sampras."

Tenny
12-13-2004, 09:50 AM
try

alatinak@wtlzone.com

His DVDs are of great qualtiy (and great price). There is another guy named walter but I had some problem with his DVD. But he seems very nice and has much bigger collection.

Edit: I bought a couple of DVDs from the guy W but unfortnately, they didn't play on my DVD player (only play on my Mac). Pic quality wasn't great as the other guy's (guy A). But he offered a VHS copy instead which works OK.

D-man
12-13-2004, 10:16 AM
same guy.

Kevin Patrick
12-13-2004, 02:10 PM
*********s.net is Adrian's site, he's constantly updating it, there's more listed there than ****(& the price always ends up being cheaper than the price quoted on **** or his site, don't know if I'm getting some frequent customer discount)
Which matches are you interested in? If I have them I can let you know what I thought of them.

Quality is great, I'm constantly getting matches from him(though some of them have foreign commentary, which bothered me initially, but I got used to it)
I can't believe some people think $5 is a rip-off. It's not like there is a huge demand for old tennis matches, I've been collecting matches for years & have paid a lot more than that. Though my tastes run to older matches & 'rare matches' (matches I know didn't air in the US.

splink779
12-13-2004, 03:00 PM
From Adrian's collection, how is the quality of Gaudi/Coria FO Final, McEnro/Connors 84 Wimbledon Final, Sampras/Courier 95 Aussi Open Quarterfinal
and is the commentary in english. Thanks if anyone knows

Kevin Patrick
12-13-2004, 05:12 PM
I've bought about 20 matches from him. The quality on all was at least 'good'(most were 'very good' to 'excellent')
I got the Sampras-Courier match from him, quality is very good.
Its from 2 different sources, the first (2 or 3 sets, can't remember) are from eurosport, english commentary from some Aussies. The last two sets are from Espn(with much better commentary than today's announcers, Cliff Drysdale actually sounds like he knows what he's talking about)
I don't know about the '04 French or '84 Wimbledon, but they are probably in English since NBC covered them. You should email him& ask.

D-man
02-03-2005, 12:52 AM
bump ---------------------