PDA

View Full Version : Which one should i get?

Lloyd Barcenilla
12-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Looking for a small mp3 player with small to medium memory.

Which of these two do you think is better and why?

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPod-Player-Black-Generation/dp/B000JO3N3S/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1197237471&sr=1-2

Or:

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Zen-8-GB-Black/dp/B000UV4EUG/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1197237156&sr=1-1

fed_the_savior
12-09-2007, 01:13 PM
the ipod seemed to get better reviews overall

CanadianChic
12-09-2007, 07:17 PM
I say pass on both. Head out to the local department store and spend the money on toys for less fortunate children. That's what I'd do, but it's your money - I just know how great it feels to perform a selfless act (especially during the holidays).

Leelord337
12-09-2007, 07:20 PM
^^ take it ez on the guy, geez...

Lakoste
12-09-2007, 07:20 PM
I see this exact same question asked on other tech forums I visit, and there really isn't a clear cut "winner". My suggestion for you is to find a place that has both on display and test them out. Either one you pick, they're both solid choices.

CanadianChic
12-09-2007, 07:23 PM
^^ take it ez on the guy, geez...

I'm not being hard on him at all, only offering a suggestion. Like I said, it's his money. A friend of mine dated this guy - every year he took a thousand dollars from the bank (he had a good job and could afford to do so) and spend it all on toys for kids. An afternoon and a bit of his money and he completely brightened the day for so many kids. I loved that about him and swore that he was golden - that's the kind of guy I want to be with.

Lloyd Barcenilla
12-09-2007, 10:41 PM
I say pass on both. Head out to the local department store and spend the money on toys for less fortunate children. That's what I'd do, but it's your money - I just know how great it feels to perform a selfless act (especially during the holidays).

I would love to.

Unfortunately, im a 15 year old kid, with not too much income.

any more thoughts on the mp3 players?

CanadianChic
12-09-2007, 10:53 PM
I would love to.

Unfortunately, im a 15 year old kid, with not too much income.

any more thoughts on the mp3 players?

You know, I never realized your age and was just hoping to spread the thought of generosity through the board. I hope I didn't say anything upsetting to you - that said, I would go with the Nano, but that's just my opinion.

Zets147
12-09-2007, 10:55 PM
Yea, I'd want a rich guy too. ;)

Get a T-Mobile 5300 Music Sync. It rocks.

Lloyd Barcenilla
12-10-2007, 05:40 AM
You know, I never realized your age and was just hoping to spread the thought of generosity through the board. I hope I didn't say anything upsetting to you - that said, I would go with the Nano, but that's just my opinion.

Didn't upset me at all. I think your right.

I remember making some christmas boxes with the school a few years back, made me feel good. Small gifts are placed in a box and the box is sent off to a kid in a poor country.
I'd love to see their faces when they got it.

origmarm
12-10-2007, 06:03 AM
I have the nano and I really like it. Its the interface really, just can't beat it

BiGGieStuFF
12-10-2007, 06:19 AM
Depends on what you plan on doing with it. The ipod definitely has more accessories to go with it. One accessory the creative zen doesn't have is a bluetooth adapter available for it. They have some that fit into the audio port but you'll still have a dangling dongle hanging from your Zen. The Ipod has one that fits into the 30 port pin that allows it to have a cleaner look w/o the wires which is what you're trying to get rid of when going wireless.

If you plan on using the mp3 player in your car the iPod has a larger aftermarket to allow you to connect your device to your stereo while being able to display the song on your car stereo and being able to control your ipod from the car stereo controls.

With the Zen you'll probably need an aux input and you won't be able to see the display or be able to control the unit from the head unit.

The zen however has a larger screen if you plan on watching videos or tv shows that could definitely help the eye strain on the already small screens on both.

The Zen also has a usb hard drive mode so you can carry and transfer files which makes it more universal to PC's that do not have iTunes installed.

The zen also has a radio as well. I know some 24 hour fitness gyms have the TV's on mute but if you want to tune into the audio all you have to do is turn to the preset station they have on their FM transmitter and you can hear the audio from the television.

Both are very solid mp3 players. The interface will be dependent on the person using it.

One has a huge aftermarket following while the other one already comes feature packed. It all comes down to which one will suit you better.

Lloyd Barcenilla
12-10-2007, 10:44 AM
I am looking for a small, quality, easy to use, reliable player.

Any more views?