PDA

View Full Version : Jodie Foster Comes Clean

Objective Danny
12-11-2007, 10:15 PM
After 20 years of whispering and hearsay Foster came out of the closet.

Jodie Foster comes out with emotional tribute to her girlfriend of 14 years
By DAVID GARDNER -

Jodie Foster has finally come out as a lesbian to pay tribute to her girlfriend of 14 years.

The fiercely-private actress has always resolutely refused to discuss her sexuality.

But after winning an award at a Women in Entertainment breakfast, she broke her taboo to thank "my beautiful Cydney".

Her emotional speech brought tears to the eyes of some of her audience at the Beverly Hills Hotel, revealing a vulnerable side to a star who has long resisted calls from gay rights activists to clarify her personal life.

Miss Foster, 44, a double Oscar winner, praised her film producer partner Cydney Bernard "who sticks with me through all the rotten and the bliss".

The couple met on the set of the film Sommersby in 1993 and are raising two sons, Charles, nine, and Kit, six, at their Malibu home.

Although she gave birth to both boys, Miss Foster has never revealed the identity of the father or the circumstances of their conception.

As with most questions about her personal life, the actress has refused to comment on gossip that the father was an old university friend from Yale, who is also gay.

Click (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=501256&in_page_id=1773)

Fee
12-11-2007, 10:45 PM
No biggie. Nice for the gay community to have another public figure to look up to, I suppose.

I do not like the last sentence of that article:

"Whatever her reasons, we are pleased that Jodie found the courage to be true to herself."

Seems to me that Miss Foster has always been true to herself. Just because she chose to live her private life privately doesn't mean she was in denial (especially if she was with the same woman for 14 years).

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
12-12-2007, 06:25 AM
It still doesn't take away from the fact that she is still a great actress, and to be honest it's no big surprise to me.

rasajadad
12-12-2007, 06:37 AM
Funny, but I thought her orientation has been common knowledge for years.

Geezer Guy
12-12-2007, 08:58 AM
The last time I was in L.A. I saw her in a bar. I tried to buy her a drink, but she wasn't interested.
Guess that's why.

PimpMyGame
12-12-2007, 09:08 AM

"Whatever her reasons, we are pleased that Jodie found the courage to be true to herself."

This was a statement by a woman from a lesbian website. No wonder Jodie chose to keep her sexuality under wraps (although everyone knew, really). Seems to me it's the pro-lesbian groups trying to "out" her that are more trouble than everyone else put together.

tennis-n-sc
12-12-2007, 09:47 AM
The last time I was in L.A. I saw her in a bar. I tried to buy her a drink, but she wasn't interested.
Guess that's why.

Nah, it was just you. ;)

tennisdarren
12-12-2007, 09:50 AM
I've always had a bit of a crush on Jodie. But then again I had it bad for Melissa Etheridge in the 90's also. :twisted:

boojay
12-12-2007, 09:58 AM
No biggie. Nice for the gay community to have another public figure to look up to, I suppose.

Seems to me that Miss Foster has always been true to herself. Just because she chose to live her private life privately doesn't mean she was in denial (especially if she was with the same woman for 14 years).

You summed it up well. I'm glad it's gotten to the point where people can be like, "Oh? S/he's gay?..........so?"

Gay is gay, straight is straight, just like black is black, and white is white.

Objective Danny
12-12-2007, 09:36 PM
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/12_02/FosterAEDT1112_468x517.jpg

I just thought of someone who WILL NOT be pleased with this union, one John Hinckley Jr. . Jodie Foster is the love of his life he won't take losing her to another woman lying down. You can best believe he is one unhappy camper.

John Profess his Love to Jodie

John Hinckley's Letter to Jodie Foster Written Immediately Before Assassination

Dear Jodie:

There is definitely a possibility that I will be killed in my attempt to get Reagan. It is for this very reason that I am writing you this letter now.

As you well know by now I love you very much. Over the past seven months I've left you dozens of poems, letters and love messages in the faint hope that you could develop an interest in me. Although we talked on the phone a couple of times I never had the nerve to simply approach you and introduce myself. Besides my shyness, I honestly did not wish to bother you with my constant presence. I know the many messages left at your door and in your mailbox were a nuisance, but I felt that it was the most painless way for me to express my love for you.

I feel very good about the fact that you at least know my name and how I feel about you. And by hanging around your dormitory, I've come to realize that I'm the topic of more than a little conversation, however full of ridicule it may be. At least you know that I'll always love you. Jodie, I would abandon the idea of getting Reagan in a second if I could only win your heart and live out the rest of my life with you, whether it be in total obscurity or whatever.

I will admit to you that the reason I'm going ahead with this attempt now is because I cannot wait any longer to impress you. I've got to do something now to make you understand, in no uncertain terms, that I'm doing all of this for your sake! By sacrificing my freedom and possibly my life, I hope to change your mind about me. This letter is being written only an hour before I leave for the Hilton Hotel. Jodie, I'm asking you to please look into your heart and at least give the chance, with this historical deed, to gain your love and respect.

I love you forever,

John W. Hinckley

Love Letter (http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/hinckley/LETTER.HTM)

35ft6
12-12-2007, 09:56 PM
This is about as surprising as Shaq coming out and admitting he's tall and black.

NetMuncher
12-13-2007, 07:44 AM
This is about as surprising as Shaq coming out and admitting he's tall and black.

WHAT?!?!
Do you know this for a fact?

snoflewis
12-13-2007, 07:57 AM
WHAT?!?!
Do you know this for a fact?

there's been a lot of rumors...about jodie foster i mean...not that shaq is tall and black lol

SFrazeur
12-13-2007, 08:52 AM
I always thought she was. I always thought George Takei was as well.

-SF

CAM178
12-13-2007, 09:12 AM

This is an outrage! I will not stand for rumors like this! . . . . :)

boojay
12-13-2007, 10:20 AM
This is about as surprising as Shaq coming out and admitting he doesn't know how to shoot a basketball.

There, I fixed it for you.

onehandbh
12-13-2007, 02:47 PM
I always thought she was. I always thought George Takei was as well.

-SF

Takei is out of the closet, I believe. Not that he could fool anyone,
anyways.

Objective Danny
12-13-2007, 03:41 PM
This is not a smart career move for Foster. She is an actress, with this 'outing' how is the public suppose to believe her in a role of a 'happily married woman'? Answer, we won't.

She has marginalize herself, henceforth she'll be relegated to playing lesbians characters.

Moose Malloy
12-13-2007, 03:48 PM
This is not a smart career move for Foster. She is an actress, with this 'outing' how is the public suppose to believe her in a role of a 'happily married woman'? Answer, we won't.

She hardly acts anymore & her movies don't really make much money anyway.
This really won't affect her or her career(we aren't talking Tom Cruise here, who made a career based on his good looks)

Its not like some kids had pictures of her in a bikini on their wall & will boycott her movies now, now that the illusion is gone.

BMG
12-13-2007, 05:31 PM

She has marginalize herself, henceforth she'll be relegated to playing lesbians characters.

Uhm, I think that she will be just fine, lol. Other than the perceptions of a small few ignorant people that can't differentiate between acting and real life, as one of the best actresses in the business, I am sure that nothing will change.

Mick
12-13-2007, 05:34 PM
You know the saying: "women, can't live with them, can't live without them,"
It must be tougher for two women to live with each other :)

chess9
12-13-2007, 05:37 PM
I wonder how celebrities bear up at all under all this media scrutiny. I find it very distasteful that everyone thinks that an actor or actress's sex life should be THEIR business.

I guess I'm just an old fuddy duddy, but leave her alone.

Btw, I'm not a big Jodie Foster fan either.

-Robert

Objective Danny
12-13-2007, 05:51 PM
Holy cow. Did about half this thread just get deleted?

Yes and no, off topic posts were moved to a new thread; "Lifestyle, Morals and Faith".

Objective Danny
12-13-2007, 05:57 PM
I wonder how celebrities bear up at all under all this media scrutiny. I find it very distasteful that everyone thinks that an actor or actress's sex life should be THEIR business.

I guess I'm just an old fuddy duddy, but leave her alone.

She choose to come forth with this revelation. No one twisted her arm. She could have done like Anderson Cooper and Clay Atkins and kept her personal life personal.

CanadianChic
12-13-2007, 06:04 PM
She choose to come forth with this revelation. No one twisted her arm. She could have done like Anderson Cooper and Clay Atkins and kept her personal life personal.

Why should she have to live her life in silence? What is wrong with her coming forth and telling the world who she is? I can only imagine it was a tremendous weight off her shoulders having done so.

drakulie
12-13-2007, 06:14 PM
Could someone please tell me if there is going to be an "all-tell" **VERY DETAILED** biographical movie??

Two hot women sucking face would make for a good movie. :)

Objective Danny
12-13-2007, 06:19 PM
Why should she have to live her life in silence? What is wrong with her coming forth and telling the world who she is? I can only imagine it was a tremendous weight off her shoulders having done so.

In so many words Ellen DeGeneres said her life was a lot less complicated prior to 1997. Why? Because after that she was expected to be the spokewoman for lesbians.

She refused the position, she was happy being Ellen.

One guess as to who now is expected to take a stand for lesbians foreign and domestic.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
12-13-2007, 06:20 PM

You seem to be quite knowledgeable about the in's and out's of a few celebrities, and as for Clay Atkins, Stevie Wonder could see the heels on that queen.