PDA

View Full Version : Useful Surnames for Tennis

obow
12-12-2007, 06:42 AM
I know someone who plays a lot of tennis and his surname is <b>Guyoncourt</b> !!!

Any other fitting ones or even wicked ones???

diegaa
12-12-2007, 07:46 AM
there is a player on the WTA whos called smashnova or so.

Nuke
12-12-2007, 08:15 AM
Starace (although it's not pronounced star ace)

Nuke
12-12-2007, 08:16 AM
Um, Roddick must not have been a fun name to have in high school.

slice bh compliment
12-12-2007, 08:17 AM
IIRC, the famous columnist Herb Caen used to call these namephreaks.

There was a guy playing NCAA tennis and some pro tennis whose name is Shelby Cannon. And yeah, he had a big serve.

slice bh compliment
12-12-2007, 08:21 AM
Carlos Boluda?

Nuke
12-12-2007, 08:22 AM
Margaret Court

Cyril Suk

Nuke
12-12-2007, 08:24 AM
Guy Forget

Geezer Guy
12-12-2007, 08:55 AM
Justin Sidetheline

diegaa
12-12-2007, 09:04 AM
Carlos Boluda?

LOL, it doesnt apply here slice ;)

slice bh compliment
12-12-2007, 11:49 AM
LOL, it doesnt apply here slice ;)

Jajajajaaaaaajaaa, yeah, you got me, man.
That was just for you and Guazzelli.

Kind of funny, I use ''boluda'' all the time now...casually working it into a conversation whenever I can. I even say it in Italian like, "Si, si, che boludo, eh?" or "skipped lunch and had two too many, so she was walking around the party like a total boluda."

Oh, and back to the topic of this thread: there used to be a French player named Rene Lacoste. And another named Fred Perry. Nice tennis coincidences there, huh?

Kidding again.

Claudio Pistolesi.
There was a kid in junior with the last name Tankar (we called him wanker or wank). If I were him, I'd go out of my way to always give my best effort, win or lose.

topspin_17
12-13-2007, 03:00 AM
well, in the wta, there's a semenova, a wienerova, and a zemenova?..

diegaa
12-13-2007, 09:21 AM
hehe, im glad you are making an effort to imporve your argie slang. good job slice :D

Jajajajaaaaaajaaa, yeah, you got me, man.
That was just for you and Guazzelli.

Kind of funny, I use ''boluda'' all the time now...casually working it into a conversation whenever I can. I even say it in Italian like, "Si, si, che boludo, eh?" or "skipped lunch and had two too many, so she was walking around the party like a total boluda."

Oh, and back to the topic of this thread: there used to be a French player named Rene Lacoste. And another named Fred Perry. Nice tennis coincidences there, huh?

Kidding again.

Claudio Pistolesi.
There was a kid in junior with the last name Tankar (we called him wanker or wank). If I were him, I'd go out of my way to always give my best effort, win or lose.