PDA

View Full Version : Which super power could help you beat the tennis pros?

Rickson
12-14-2007, 10:01 PM
The power to fly: you could be like Superman without the superhuman strength. You could smash all overheads and you'd never get lobbed. Drawbacks: your reaction time would not change so the power of flight will not give you quicker reflexes, just the flight itself.

Superhuman speed: you could be like the Flash. You can chase down any ball and change directions on a dime. Drawbacks: you need to control your new found speed so if you swing too fast without control, the balls will go long. You will not be able to fly.

Which power would you pick and which power could help you beat Roger Federer?

spiritdragon
12-14-2007, 10:33 PM
I actually chose superhuman speed but it just came to mind that if i had the power of flight i would have a killer serve. just toss the ball up really high and smack it down lol.

Rickson
12-14-2007, 10:35 PM
I actually chose superhuman speed but it just came to mind that if i had the power of flight i would have a killer serve. just toss the ball up really high and smack it down lol.

Yeah, but with superhuman speed, your swing would be faster than Roddick's so as long as you get it in the box, you could set a new serve speed record. Even if you dink serve it, what return could get by you?

35ft6
12-14-2007, 11:04 PM
Being Spiderman could help you a lot I suppose. Super fast reflexes, you could always be in great position with ease, the trick would be making it seem like you're putting effort into it.

Rickson
12-14-2007, 11:27 PM
Being Spiderman could help you a lot I suppose. Super fast reflexes, you could always be in great position with ease, the trick would be making it seem like you're putting effort into it.

Remember when Spidey fought Flash as Peter Parker and he could see his punches coming at him in slow motion? That's what the tennis would look like to you, but you'd be even faster than Spidey if you chose SHS.

Hot Sauce
12-15-2007, 12:32 AM
If you had superhuman speed couldn't you go into girl's locker rooms disguised and then be able to run away from the cops, etc?

Rickson
12-15-2007, 06:47 AM
You sure could.

TokyopunK
12-15-2007, 06:53 AM
Do I turn uninvisible once I touch a girl's skirt?

Rickson
12-15-2007, 07:58 AM
Do I turn uninvisible once I touch a girl's skirt?

No, it's invisibility for the rest of your life. You can't turn back to visible flesh. Don't get hit by any cars!

TokyopunK
12-15-2007, 09:20 AM
No, it's invisibility for the rest of your life. You can't turn back to visible flesh. Don't get hit by any cars!

Wait a second..... if I was invisible wouldn't the cars go through me? Like couldn't I go through walls? Like the invisible woman? What's the catch here.

Rickson
12-15-2007, 09:25 AM
Wait a second..... if I was invisible wouldn't the cars go through me? Like couldn't I go through walls? Like the invisible woman? What's the catch here.

Nope. Just invisible as in nobody could see you. You could be killed just as easily as before.

TokyopunK
12-15-2007, 10:09 AM
So if I am invisible and play a tennis match.... I could catch the ball and drop it over the net (or throw it at an extreme angle) and win every point....right?

35ft6
12-15-2007, 12:35 PM
Remember when Spidey fought Flash as Peter Parker and he could see his punches coming at him in slow motion? That's what the tennis would look like to you, but you'd be even faster than Spidey if you chose SHS.You'd be awesome at the net.

Andres
12-16-2007, 05:17 AM
So if I am invisible and play a tennis match.... I could catch the ball and drop it over the net (or throw it at an extreme angle) and win every point....right?
No, because your racquet isn't invisible. And you HAVE TO hit it with your racquet. This is not basketball! :D

Tennis-Chris
12-16-2007, 05:50 AM
There is no need to fly on low volleys.

TokyopunK
12-16-2007, 06:07 AM
No, because your racquet isn't invisible. And you HAVE TO hit it with your racquet. This is not basketball! :D

Well I could catch the ball, hold it against my racquet, then create suspense and pretend like I am charging up for a kamehameha, and then swing and throw the ball! Alright right now I want to see Invisible Man vs. Super Human Speed.

Bundey
12-16-2007, 06:09 AM
I voted for the last one!

A.Davidson
12-16-2007, 11:23 AM
I'll add my own:

telekinesis/ability to control rackets.

You COULD always use it to have the opponent just miss, or have them smash themselves silly with it, run into a wall by pulling the racket towards it, etc.

It's all about innovation, guys.

JackSkellington
12-16-2007, 12:48 PM
Well I could catch the ball, hold it against my racquet, then create suspense and pretend like I am charging up for a kamehameha, and then swing and throw the ball! Alright right now I want to see Invisible Man vs. Super Human Speed.

hahahahaha :)

if I were invisible, would I be able to see my own body? Talk about phantom limb...

Rickson
12-16-2007, 07:06 PM
It figures superman would pick flight.

Rickson
12-17-2007, 09:44 AM
You clowns with the invisible pick. I should have never put that up there.