View Full Version : I'm addicted to Wii tennis

giver deaner
12-16-2007, 06:52 PM
The title says it all. I can't stop
really, what should I do
I'm better at it than the real game?

shintan17
12-16-2007, 06:58 PM
LOL...I already got bored of it after playing for maybe a few weeks. I think it's a great game if you play with family members or friends, though..

Make sure you don't hurt your wrists and arms by playing too much!!

Bodacious DVT
12-16-2007, 07:12 PM
careful, you might get wii elbow (seriously)

TokyopunK
12-16-2007, 07:27 PM
How many points do you have in it.

koopa_troopa
12-16-2007, 07:31 PM
careful, you might get wii elbow (seriously)

I actually stopped because my arm started hurting. The remote is just too light to swing too fast.

tennisfan_23
12-16-2007, 07:42 PM
wii tennis rocks

i'm pro @ 2208

topspin_17
12-16-2007, 07:56 PM
i'm pro - 2359
well, it's surprisingly simple to play
you don't actually have to swing the wiimote
but you just have to tap it forward a bit,
so no harm done to my arm!

it actually gets a bit boring when you get a good rank because you play with the same com opponents all the time, but it's fun if you play with your friends.

i'm loving my wii now
i completed rayman raving rabbids (waiting for raving rabbids 2 to come out), but still play multiplayer with friends,
i'm quite far in the godfather: blackhand edition,
but my call of duty 3 has a glitch so i can't complete it :(

does anybody have some insane, addictive wii games to recommend?
i need to go wii-game shopping sometime soon, haven't gone in 4 months!

ChuDat
12-16-2007, 07:59 PM
its all about wii bowling, i can hit strikes left and right

TokyopunK
12-16-2007, 08:17 PM
i'm pro - 2359

does anybody have some insane, addictive wii games to recommend?
i need to go wii-game shopping sometime soon, haven't gone in 4 months!

Get Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games if you want a good workout.... I sweated so much from playing that game!

Mario Galaxy is addictive for a while...it has some replay value too.

Freedom
12-16-2007, 09:45 PM
Super Mario Galaxy is great.

Maybe if we added lead tape to our Wiimotes, we wouldn't hurt our arms playing tennis...maybe the left and right sides, so you can still access batteries/buttons?

ryan808
12-16-2007, 11:10 PM
For Wii Tennis, does anyone know how to hit the ball so that it looks like it's going to your opponent's forehand (or backhand), then spins to the opposite side after the bounce?

I noticed that the computer does it occasionally, but I could never reproduce it myself.

stoffer
12-17-2007, 02:52 AM
When is their going to be an actual tennis game with ATP players but with Wii Sports-esque controls? Its been a year already and still nothing....

topspin_17
12-17-2007, 02:53 AM
dilemma - i bought my wii from japan, so i can't play the usa games
only the japanese games...
but some of them are in japanese - and i can't read japanese
so like my paper mario game is all in jap and i can't understand a damn thing
and my cooking mama is screwed up
haha
mm
good suggestions, guys
i'll try to find them in the shop

PimpMyGame
12-17-2007, 05:16 AM
When is their going to be an actual tennis game with ATP players but with Wii Sports-esque controls? Its been a year already and still nothing....

Topspin 3 is coming out on the Wii next year, not sure when. The blurb is that you will be able to immerse yourself fully - like Wii tennis but with more depth, controllability etc. I hope they pull this off, it could be even better than the first Topspin game.

giver deaner
12-17-2007, 10:29 AM
I wonder if Nate at priority one would customize my controller. A little lead here and there?

tzinc
12-17-2007, 11:38 PM
I recommend Guitar Hero 3 for Wii - it's insanely addictive.

chiapants226
12-17-2007, 11:43 PM
DO NOT PLAY WII TENNIS WHILE DRUNK NEAR A BRICK WALL. it really really really hurts when you get up the next morning both in your head and your hand.

RipinRandy
12-18-2007, 06:05 AM
An older (60s)friend of mine came up to me the other day and started talking about video games. Then he said how Wii tennis had helped his tennis game.

I just thought to myself, "Thats because you couldn't play tennis to begin with. Any practice at all would help..."

giver deaner
12-29-2007, 10:24 AM
i'd like to know this as well

Shashwat
12-29-2007, 11:24 AM
To cure it, i would reccomend buying Guitar Hero III.

boojay
12-29-2007, 12:00 PM
LOL...I already got bored of it after playing for maybe a few weeks. I think it's a great game if you play with family members or friends, though..

Make sure you don't hurt your wrists and arms by playing too much!!

I actually got bored of it after a couple of hours. I mean, I tried hitting with soooo much top spin, but nothing. My serving was awful and I'm not even going to talk about the slice, dropshot, lob, etc. They're all lies!!!

That said, I've played guitar for over 10 years now and I got bored with Guitar Heroes after about 5 minutes. It's just not the same.

MariaS
12-29-2007, 01:02 PM
An older (60s)friend of mine came up to me the other day and started talking about video games. Then he said how Wii tennis had helped his tennis game.

I just thought to myself, "Thats because you couldn't play tennis to begin with. Any practice at all would help..."

Now now. There are still some 60 year olds who can play excellent tennis. Here, I'll count them on one hand for you! :oops: I'd heard that Wii has become very popular in senior homes. :shock:

swimntennis
12-29-2007, 01:07 PM
I hopelessly addicted to it. I play it every day. I have my Mii with a ranking of about 2200, and I usually play with him. But recently I made Federer, Nadal, Sharapova, Chakvetadze, Graf, and V. Williams to play with. To make it interesting, I try to play exactly like that. (e.g. Federer has 1HB, I play left for Nadal, closed stance vs. open stance for Maria & Anna, 1HB Slice for Graf, etc.)

boojay
12-29-2007, 01:31 PM
I hopelessly addicted to it. I play it every day. I have my Mii with a ranking of about 2200, and I usually play with him. But recently I made Federer, Nadal, Sharapova, Chakvetadze, Graf, and V. Williams to play with. To make it interesting, I try to play exactly like that. (e.g. Federer has 1HB, I play left for Nadal, closed stance vs. open stance for Maria & Anna, 1HB Slice for Graf, etc.)

I find that kinda sad.

Just teasin'. :D

adams_1
12-29-2007, 03:42 PM
I played it for a bit at my cousins house. Everyone else was just sort of poking with the remote... I was taking full swings :P It's more fun that way!

swimntennis
12-29-2007, 05:23 PM
I find that kinda sad.

Just teasin'. :D

It is actually, in a slight way. It's more because I love tennis so much and yet can only play an hour a week or less. It's also a better alternative to swinging my racquet around the house and nearly hitting stuff.

boojay
12-29-2007, 05:26 PM
It's also a better alternative to swinging my racquet around the house and nearly hitting stuff.

Errrm....actually, I've broken many a lightbulb, including many other household items, and even chipping my racquet because of shadow swinging indoors.

I ask you, who's the sad one now???

Take pity on me.....

CAM178
12-29-2007, 05:30 PM
If you think your actual game is weaker than your Wii game, then I think it goes without saying that you should take your Wii time and apply that to the real game. I'd much rather beat an actual foe than a video game, any day.

swimntennis
12-29-2007, 05:44 PM
Errrm....actually, I've broken many a lightbulb, including many other household items, and even chipping my racquet because of shadow swinging indoors.

I ask you, who's the sad one now???

Take pity on me.....

I nearly dented our fridge about a week after we got it by doing that in the kitchen. Now I have to shadow swing in our almost-empty computer/piano room when my parents aren't around.

brownie808
12-30-2007, 12:13 AM
I love wii tennis, and guitar hero 3. I now use this mii for wii tennis:
http://www.famousmii.com/mii/wp-content/uploads/miis_submitted/1186242051.jpg

Hot Sauce
12-30-2007, 02:29 AM
Wii tennis is really easy. If you don't get the max serve, you can get return aced every time.

UW_Husky88
12-30-2007, 09:28 AM
why does everyone like wii tennis or the wii period? It's so badly done. It's nothing like actual tennis, and you could honestly have roger federer technique and still suck at that game. Whatever though. If one enjoys rotting their mind in front of these systems, then go ahead...

hjminard
12-30-2007, 11:11 AM

How'd you get a screen grab of a Mii ?

why does everyone like wii tennis or the wii period? It's so badly done. It's nothing like actual tennis, and you could honestly have roger federer technique and still suck at that game. Whatever though. If one enjoys rotting their mind in front of these systems, then go ahead...

Well aren't you just the life of the party? :roll:

UW_Husky88
12-30-2007, 11:12 AM
Well aren't you just the life of the party? :roll:

well, if couch potatoes that love playing games meant for 2 year olds are the life of the party, then I'm happy to be a wallflower. So to answer your question, I'm not the life of your MIT, geeky lan "parties"

brownie808
12-30-2007, 11:23 AM

I just posted this post through my wii. I could get an xbox360 if i wanted, but i choose not to :)

How'd you get a screen grab of a Mii ?

I got this picture from www.famousmii.com/mii

giver deaner
01-01-2008, 02:37 PM
Posting your mii is awsome! I got to get better at it.
Is anyone sick of playin Elise and Her partner at the highest level? I'm at 1900 and keep playin the same chicks , and there not hot!

boojay
01-01-2008, 02:41 PM
http://www.famousmii.com/mii/wp-content/uploads/miis_submitted/1186242051.jpg

LOL, I'm not sure what a Mii is (I'm assuming it's a customizable character or something), but that's a pretty good likeness of Roger.

ShooterMcMarco
01-01-2008, 02:41 PM
Yeah you can't mistake the eyebrows, thats federer

ShooterMcMarco
01-01-2008, 02:43 PM
To cure it, i would reccomend buying Guitar Hero III.

Its all about Cliffs of Dover ;)