PDA

View Full Version : Federer v Henman at last!

gofederer
03-20-2004, 02:25 PM
Really hope Federer will shatter the Henman block this time by any means but worried that Henman does it again, quietly suffocating...

Anonymous
03-20-2004, 02:34 PM
No need to be fearful. I heard Roddick say he was still sweating the what ifs of all his matches. That is not a champion's mentality. These youngsters still need to acquire the mental toughness and confidence that makes you great. There is a certain mindset out there that allows you to win the most matches. Lendl had it. Mac had it. Borg had it. Agassi attempts it as good as he can. Sampras lived it.

strife726
03-20-2004, 02:48 PM
Lendl had it. Mac had it. Borg had it. Agassi attempts it as good as he can. Sampras lived it.>>>>>>>

I agree 100%. Agassi will never win all four slams like those other players. OH wait......

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
03-20-2004, 02:49 PM
I'm going with Federer. Even though all signs point Henman with previous records and current playing levels. I just think Fed is so tough right now that he can pull it off. I sure want him to.

gofederer
03-20-2004, 02:53 PM
What I'm worried about is not Fed's mental toughness but the awkward opposition Henman provides him with and it's not easy to shake off only with determination. Nimble & easy (F) v nimble and smart (H)... in this matchup the smart workmanship somehow has had fierce effetiveness I'm afraid...

Anonymous
03-20-2004, 02:59 PM
I agree 100%. Agassi will never win all four slams like those other players. OH wait......

Winning all 4 slams is a dubious achievement. It's been done, it's almost always done by several players, it will be done again. Connors won the US Open on 3 surfaces, again nice accomplishment, but not a barnstormer. Winning 109 titles is true greatness.

AA
03-20-2004, 03:50 PM
No need to be fearful. I heard Roddick say he was still sweating the what ifs of all his matches. That is not a champion's mentality. These youngsters still need to acquire the mental toughness and confidence that makes you great. There is a certain mindset out there that allows you to win the most matches. Lendl had it. Mac had it. Borg had it. Agassi attempts it as good as he can. Sampras lived it.

Please now. Stop your ignorant talk right now. If u dont know what your talking about, then be absolutely quiet.....How can you say Lendl had a great mindset, when he only won like 8 out of 16-17 Grand Slams finals??
And same with Mac. He had like 4-5 good years on tour, and then burned out...Not someone would do, who is mentally strong...

Check your stats, before sounding like a expert on various stuff....

Daniel

roundiesee
03-20-2004, 03:51 PM
Federer should win this one granted that he seems always to figure out what to do against players who beat him often. But even if he doesn't it'll not be the end of the world. There'll be planty more chances for young Fed to achieve his potential. BTW, is the final 3 out of 5? If it is then Roger has a better chance to win the title.

AA
03-20-2004, 03:54 PM
Winning all 4 slams is a dubious achievement. It's been done, it's almost always done by several players, it will be done again. Connors won the US Open on 3 surfaces, again nice accomplishment, but not a barnstormer. Winning 109 titles is true greatness.

Your just to funny. You make it sound like winning all 4 Slams, is a walk in the park, and has been done by many players. Its only done by 5 players totally, and Agassi is the only who has done it on 4 different surfaces. Try asking Sampras how tough it is...His attempt to win the French Open was almost pathetic. Surely one of the poorest attempt by any great champion....

Daniel

Nosoupforyou
03-20-2004, 03:59 PM

Lol mac was possibly the worst person mentally does the line "You cannot be serious" ring a bell, he just had such natural skill that this didn't matter

AA
03-20-2004, 04:14 PM

Lol mac was possibly the worst person mentally does the line "You cannot be serious" ring a bell, he just had such natural skill that this didn't matter

Like I said. He doesnt know what hes talking about it.....

Free_Martha
03-20-2004, 04:49 PM
I'm glad it's a Henman-Federer final because I'd love to see Henman win another Masters title.

boris becker 1
03-20-2004, 06:37 PM
henman is going to win again. anacone has done very well with him and I last year said Stefanki was an idiot and I am being proved right

Anonymous
03-20-2004, 06:53 PM
Lendl and McEnroe had the true arrogance of champions.

If Henman has a chance tomorrow it is because Sampras has been whispering tips in his fragile little ear on the golf course.

lemons
03-20-2004, 07:49 PM
Yes, I do think Henman is a little fragile, mentally.

This is a good match-up for the final. There's Henman, with the great record against Federer, against Federer, who has been walking on water as of late.

Pete_D
03-21-2004, 05:30 AM
Fed wasn't walking on water yesterday. Those blown putaways had me cringing, and the backand down the line was mostly down the alley. And Agassi was visibly tiring in the third, serving erratically and also blowing easy shots. Timmy looks to be in decent shape, a stronger challenge than Agassi. Fed-Tim today is even money, or even slightly favoring Tim, in my opinion.

Tennis Duke
03-21-2004, 09:58 AM
Looks like Annacone has done a terrific job with Henman. If Henman is anything close to being on, with the advice he's getting from Annacone, he's got a great chance to win it all.

gofederer
03-21-2004, 02:15 PM
congrats and hats off to fed, putting away the last bump you are truly the one now!