PDA

View Full Version : 2007 TW Awards – Best Player

SoBad
12-17-2007, 06:34 PM
Rather than having tennis players earn their rankings by playing all those tough tournament matches, we are going to determine these players’ rankings through a democratic voting process. A few words about the contestants:

TonLars is a great player – recently ranked inside top 50 in NCAA DII, this stud is already playing some professional tournaments when injury-free.

Jollyroger is a great player and a proud owner of many Wilson racquets. He was recently ranked inside top 10 in a major geographic region (USTA section) in men’s opens and enjoys playing in US National Opens as well. He lives on an island, so I’m guessing he enjoys proximity of the ocean.

serveitup911 is a big time baller with an outstanding record in a high position of a tough NCAA DI school, and a huge backhand. He is also a great golfer, and absolutely loves the sea and boating.

As for the others, I only know that ShcMad hits the ball so hard that everyone around him wonders why, boojay is his nemesis, drakulie must be pretty solid, since it seems these days everyone and their brother is flying to Florida to hit with him, SoBad is a 2.0 moonballer who got nominated by a noob fan, and the other guys are also good players I am sure and like boating, etc.

Enjoy!:)

------------------------------------------------------
Frequently Asked Questions

1. Q: Why does poster “X” appear as an option in this poll?
A: Poster “X” appears as an option in this poll because that poster was nominated for this category by another poster.

2. Q: Who does poster “Y” not appear as an option in this poll?
A: Poster “Y” does not appear as an option in this poll because that poster was not nominated for this category by any other poster.

3. Q: Where is the thread about the nominations for these 2007 TW year end awards, and how can I access that thread?
A: You can read about the nominations for these 2007 TW year end awards in the thread entitled “2007 TW Year End Awards”. You can access the thread either by looking through the “Odds and Ends” subforum, or by clicking on the link below:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=171284

4. Q: I had difficulty figuring out the answers to one or more questions above on my own. Does that mean I am a little slow?
A: No, it does not mean that at all.

SoBad
12-17-2007, 07:28 PM
LOL at the voting results so far...:)

AM28143
12-17-2007, 07:32 PM

I think the results are an accurate reflection of the canidates' ability.

SoBad
12-17-2007, 07:40 PM
I think the results are an accurate reflection of the canidates' ability.

I really like you. Let me talk to the other doctor, I am sure we'll work something out about that position in the psycho office.

AM28143
12-17-2007, 07:43 PM
I really like you. Let me talk to the other doctor, I am sure we'll work something out about that position in the psycho office.

I've applied to be your personal chef.

SoBad
12-17-2007, 07:58 PM
I've applied to be your personal chef.

I did my very best to put in a word to Dr. Zets, but he's a tough man, so unless you post your chefing experience in the office thread, it may be difficult to convince him that you're better than Hot Sauce for the job...

ShcMad
12-18-2007, 09:04 AM

I second that. :twisted:

35ft6
12-18-2007, 12:16 PM
ServeitUp911 and Cauvilito are two guys that stand out. TonyLars is also probably up there. There are other guys who have posted stuff that makes me think they're possibly even way better, but can't remember them.

Moz
12-19-2007, 04:18 AM
Bloody hell - I thought I'd clean up on all the sympathy votes.

WBF
12-19-2007, 04:42 AM
Someone should make a perpetual video thread and get a mod to ensure that the posts are only videos (or perhaps have the thread originator edit everyone's video into the first post, to keep things organized)... I don't want to have to go searching!

johnny ballgame
12-19-2007, 08:53 AM
I'd bet on GraniteChief to beat at least a few of those listed above...

A.J. Sim
12-19-2007, 09:18 AM
what about Break Point or Rabbit? Those guys played with wooden rackets for a year and made people look silly.

WBF
12-19-2007, 09:43 AM
I'd bet on GraniteChief to beat at least a few of those listed above...

These were nominations, I think there are some 5.5+ players who aren't listed. Didn't bother digging them up. Oh well.

diegaa
12-19-2007, 10:12 AM
schmad? didnt know the halfargie play that well.
shcmad, when you come to BA we MUST hit.

Topaz
12-19-2007, 11:29 AM
Bloody hell - I thought I'd clean up on all the sympathy votes.

Drat...I already voted! We should get more votes! One is just simply not enough!

drakulie
12-19-2007, 11:32 AM
Sup2Dresq, is by far the best player I have seen from the boards. (people just don't know).

Moz, you are a damn solid player as well. I didn't realize you were nominated. :(

Sup2Dresq
12-19-2007, 11:43 AM
Sup2Dresq, is by far the best player I have seen from the boards. (people just don't know).

Moz, you are a damn solid player as well. I didn't realize you were nominated. :(

Ha! Your check is in the mail Drakulie!

There is too much temptation at your little piece of tennis heaven: Beer, Beer, Party, Beer, Lack of Sleep.... then play tennis. It was a wonder I could hit a ball.

Kind words though.

ShcMad
12-19-2007, 12:13 PM
schmad? didnt know the halfargie play that well.
shcmad, when you come to BA we MUST hit.

*Laughing a little inside* I think they put me on the poll as a joke. My vote for Best Player goes to my "jefe" Sup2DresQ.

IF I get to visit Bs. As., I'll let you know! (even though I have no idea when I'm gonna visit). I haven't played on red clay in 6 years!

AlpineCadet
12-19-2007, 12:18 PM
Rather than having tennis players earn their rankings by playing all those tough tournament matches, we are going to determine these players’ rankings through a democratic voting process. A few words about the contestants:

TonLars is a great player – recently ranked inside top 50 in NCAA DII, this stud is already playing some professional tournaments when injury-free.

Jollyroger is a great player and a proud owner of many Wilson racquets. He was recently ranked inside top 10 in a major geographic region (USTA section) in men’s opens and enjoys playing in US National Opens as well. He lives on an island, so I’m guessing he enjoys proximity of the ocean.

serveitup911 is a big time baller with an outstanding record in a high position of a tough NCAA DI school, and a huge backhand. He is also a great golfer, and absolutely loves the sea and boating.

As for the others, I only know that ShcMad hits the ball so hard that everyone around him wonders why, boojay is his nemesis, drakulie must be pretty solid, since it seems these days everyone and their brother is flying to Florida to hit with him, SoBad is a 2.0 moonballer who got nominated by a noob fan, and the other guys are also good players I am sure and like boating, etc.

Enjoy!:)

So we have to do our own research under each of the user names you chose to put up?

TonLars
12-19-2007, 12:52 PM
Yeah, I actually dont know anything about these other guys, except for Jolly I did see him hit a little in a video he posted. My videos I posted are about 3 years old, so itd be better for you to look at my tournament results and wins in the last few years. I would be interested to know where some of these guys play actually and how they do, itd be fun. I figured out for myself that "serveitup911" plays or played tennis at Furman, which is a decent Division 1 tennis team. Some "SydneyJim" guy, who is not a nominee, seems to be playing some Futures tournaments and must also be a good player.

Any info on others would be fun to read if someone knows.

JohnP
12-19-2007, 01:19 PM
What about that one guy that claimed to win a challenger and then disappeared after uh, they proved that he didn't?

JMS
12-19-2007, 01:44 PM
Yeah, I actually dont know anything about these other guys, except for Jolly I did see him hit a little in a video he posted. My videos I posted are about 3 years old, so itd be better for you to look at my tournament results and wins in the last few years. I would be interested to know where some of these guys play actually and how they do, itd be fun. I figured out for myself that "serveitup911" plays or played tennis at Furman, which is a decent Division 1 tennis team. Some "SydneyJim" guy, who is not a nominee, seems to be playing some Futures tournaments and must also be a good player.

Any info on others would be fun to read if someone knows.

yes, Furman is a solid DI team, and 911 plays fairly high up on the roster

Federer's pet goat Leanne
12-19-2007, 08:17 PM
ShcMad plays for Virginia Tech's Div I Men's team.

http://www.collegetennisonline.com/view/team.asp?tmId=262

Second one from the right. Bottom row.

ShcMad
12-19-2007, 08:27 PM
ShcMad plays for Virginia Tech's Div I Men's team.

http://www.collegetennisonline.com/view/team.asp?tmId=262

Second one from the right. Bottom row.

hahahahaha... I need to know who you are. Immediately! How did you know I went to Va Tech?

MegacedU
12-19-2007, 08:33 PM
I was a DI player too you know, are you discriminating based on gender here?!! Anyway, I voted for Drakulie, he's always been my tw homeboy and he voted for me for best female. So, we're cool.

SoBad
12-19-2007, 08:37 PM
Meg, nobody's discriminating anybody, it's all about categories and nominations.

P.S. Why do you speak of your DI in past tense?

MegacedU
12-19-2007, 08:38 PM
Meg, nobody's discriminating anybody, it's all about categories and nominations.

I know, I was just messing with you, and using the opportunity to flaunt my accomplishment of making it to DI. I was kidding, laugh a little please :)

Past tense, I am taking a year off this year.

SoBad
12-19-2007, 08:42 PM
I know, I was just messing with you, and using the opportunity to flaunt my accomplishment of making it to DI. I was kidding, laugh a little please :)

Past tense, I am taking a year off this year.

Gap year in the OZland??:confused: Why would I laugh even little, I'm so bad and here I am in a lousy room in a lousy part of a lousy town while NCAA model stars are posting around about their NZ skiing vacations...:cry:

SoBad
12-19-2007, 08:44 PM
^^ how often do you travel between Iceland and Southern Virginia?

MegacedU
12-19-2007, 09:02 PM
Gap year in the OZland??:confused: Why would I laugh even little, I'm so bad and here I am in a lousy room in a lousy part of a lousy town while NCAA model stars are posting around about their NZ skiing vacations...:cry:

Do I get to be an NCAA model star?

SoBad
12-19-2007, 09:07 PM
Do I get to be an NCAA model star?

To quote an old CIA bunker woman from Langley, VA, "belief is half of being".;)

SoBad
12-19-2007, 09:08 PM
ShcMad, what's going on with the votes, and those two hackers now pulling ahead, I don't get it...:confused::-?:cry::|

MegacedU
12-19-2007, 09:11 PM
Yeah well I BELIEVE!!!

ShcMad
12-19-2007, 09:13 PM
SoBad, I don't know what's happening! But, why did you put me in that poll anyways? I don't even deserve to be there!

Federer's pet goat, how do you know me? Which one of my friends are you?!

Moz
12-20-2007, 01:36 AM
hahaha I'll do the honor.

Don't leave me hanging mate!

drakulie
12-20-2007, 05:02 PM
^^ No worries Moz. The results in your current tourney speak for themselves!

Go UK!! Good luck in the finals tomorrow!

Bollocks!!