PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Warehouse-NYC chapter

Rickson
12-17-2007, 09:44 PM
That's right. We New Yorkers want a chapter too from the east side to the west side and all 5 boroughs. Although we're actually a street ball playing city, we'll play tennis too by calling next on the tennis courts just like we do on the basketball courts.

Duzza
12-18-2007, 12:47 AM
Ohh, so yor from noo yawk ah you?

Rickson
12-18-2007, 04:18 AM
Ohh, so yor from noo yawk ah you?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, boy! Unlike dat hypa hawse dude, I welcome New Yawk impressions.

Rickson
12-19-2007, 05:25 AM
http://www.mccullagh.org/db9/10d-2/new-york-city-at-night.jpg

sapient007
12-19-2007, 05:54 AM
tennis in NYC is tough. i lived near west 4th for 2yrs. my options were to either pay an arm and a leg for the chelsea piers or hull my *** to columbia U where we played on the roof.

Rickson
12-19-2007, 05:58 AM
tennis in NYC is tough. i lived near west 4th for 2yrs. my options were to either pay an arm and a leg for the chelsea piers or hull my *** to columbia U where we played on the roof.

You could have just gone to one of the many outdoor courts during the warm weather season and yes, I know they're not in the Village.

Dedans Penthouse
12-19-2007, 06:13 AM
http://www.mccullagh.org/db9/10d-2/new-york-city-at-night.jpg
Sweet pix Rickson.

Btw, is that the town where Meg ( the 'New Yorker') lives? :-)

Rickson
12-19-2007, 06:18 AM
Sweet pix Rickson. Btw, is that the town where Meg ( the 'New Yorker') lives? :-)

I just googled that pic, but no, unfortunately meg doesn't live in NYC as she opted to go south for school. Dedans, Phil's asking about the female athlete in the other thread. Should I give him her number so his rudeness could break up her engagement?

Phil wants her number (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=171284&page=6) post #106

sapient007
12-19-2007, 07:06 AM
You could have just gone to one of the many outdoor courts during the warm weather season and yes, I know they're not in the Village.

too many ppl gawking at you when you play. it's painful to feel that sear on the back on my neck. free public court is at a premium, you'd be lucky to not wait over an hour during "normal" hours

Rickson
12-19-2007, 07:17 AM
These are your options. You can pay for a season pass to any NYC parks court for about a hundred bucks and that lasts from April to November I believe. I play in Nassau county where the courts are free and the wait isn't that bad as long as you don't come on a summer night so to sum it up, you can get a parks pass or play in NC like I do.

shintan17
12-19-2007, 08:08 AM
NYC chapter...Wow..Good luck guys.

Rickson
12-19-2007, 08:13 AM
NYC chapter...Wow..Good luck guys.
Howdy, shin chan. Don't give your teacher a hard time, Mr. Nohara.

shintan17
12-19-2007, 08:19 AM
Howdy, shin chan. Don't give your teacher a hard time, Mr. Nohara.

HAHAHAHA...I hate that cartoon. I remember my brother got ****ed off because he said all the kids were talking to him like shinchan..back then..buwahahahah so rude.

Dedans Penthouse
12-19-2007, 08:31 AM
I just googled that pic, but no, unfortunately meg doesn't live in NYC as she opted to go south for school. Dedans, Phil's asking about the female athlete in the other thread. Should I give him her number so his rudeness could break up her engagement?

Phil wants her number (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=171284&page=6) post #106Did you mean His ROYAL Rudeness?

On the contrary, when it comes to "female" athletes, Phil is a legend. The terms 'stud muffin', 'chick magnet', lady's man'??? They all originated with Phil. I heard that Phil once kissed a girl and put her in the hospital. The attending physician then had to tell the girl's parents: "she'll be ok....but I think it's gonna take a month to get the smile off her face." :o

Rickson
12-19-2007, 08:35 AM
Did you mean His ROYAL Rudeness?

On the contrary, when it comes to "female" athletes, Phil is a legend. The terms 'stud muffin', 'chick magnet', lady's man'??? They all originated with Phil. I heard that Phil once kissed a girl and put her in the hospital. The attending physician then had to tell the girl's parents: "she'll be ok....but I think it's gonna take a month to get the smile off her face." :o

I meant the noun (rudeness) or adjective (rude), and not the title (his rudeness). The female athlete was quite nice, but I don't think her fiance would approve of us hanging out.

BTW, that is not a pic of Albany, dammit!

Rickson
12-19-2007, 08:37 AM
HAHAHAHA...I hate that cartoon. I remember my brother got ****ed off because he said all the kids were talking to him like shinchan..back then..buwahahahah so rude.

You mean Shintan is actually your name?

shintan17
12-19-2007, 08:44 AM
You mean Shintan is actually your name?

Nah, that's not my real name, but it starts with Shin.

Rickson
12-19-2007, 08:50 AM
Nah, that's not my real name, but it starts with Shin.
So that means you're either Korean or Japanese.

shintan17
12-19-2007, 08:56 AM
So that means you're either Korean or Japanese.

I am Japanese.. can't you tell it by my signature? :D

Rickson
12-19-2007, 08:58 AM
I am Japanese.. can't you tell it by my signature? :D
Is your last name Nohara?

shintan17
12-19-2007, 09:01 AM
Is your last name Nohara?

HAHAHA...that would suck so bad.

Dedans Penthouse
12-19-2007, 09:04 AM
I meant the noun (rudeness) or adjective (rude), and not the title (his rudeness).I know; I was just playing with it.

BTW, that is not a pic of Albany, dammit!
It's not Albany? What "town" is it? Schenectady? Meg: help me out here. :-)

Rickson
12-19-2007, 09:07 AM

How many cities do you know with a MetLife building?

Phil
12-19-2007, 10:43 AM
Did you mean His ROYAL Rudeness?

Yes, Dedans is correct in that those terms are indelibly linked to my "athletic" prowess. Any woman in training for athletics, needs to adapt unconventional training methods in order to prevent plateauing. Rickson, as a professional trainer, is well aware of this concept. By the way, my rudeness crown is still not secure-I'm in the process of engineering a coup against some nasty bastiches who make my behavior look like Mary Poppins'.

I meant the noun (rudeness) or adjective (rude), and not the title (his rudeness). The female athlete was quite nice, but I don't think her fiance would approve of us hanging out.

Don't worry, Rickster...we'll take care of the fiance;-)

Rickson
12-19-2007, 10:46 AM
Don't worry, Rickster...we'll take care of the fiance;-)

I hope so because I don't like him. I haven't even met him and I don't like him.

Rickson
12-20-2007, 04:21 AM
The original gangstas, Phil and Dedans Penthouse, live in the New York area. Let's have a meet and greet. BYOF (bring your own female). In case you were wondering, that was for Phil.

J011yroger
12-21-2007, 04:15 PM
I play in Nassau county where the courts are free and the wait isn't that bad as long as you don't come on a summer night so to sum it up, you can get a parks pass or play in NC like I do.

Woah woah, you can't play in nassau without asking permission from the long island chapter.

J

Rickson
12-21-2007, 11:07 PM
Woah woah, you can't play in nassau without asking permission from the long island chapter.

J

As a true New Yorker, I don't ask. I **** and pillage your villages of Nassau and Suffolk. You Long Islanders can't stop us New Yorkers.

J011yroger
12-22-2007, 04:30 AM
^^^ I smell a turf war.

Bout to flash my colors and let the 5.0 killers fly.

J

Rickson
12-22-2007, 04:58 AM
^^^ I smell a turf war.

J

Uh oh! NYC vs. Long Island. Bring it!

J011yroger
12-22-2007, 10:50 AM
It has allready been broughten.

J

MegacedU
12-22-2007, 09:04 PM
I know; I was just playing with it.

I wouldn't know, I don't live in either. :)

Engagement?! Who's getting married?! I love weddings. You're all invited to mine - it's in 2012.

Rickson
12-25-2007, 11:00 AM
I wouldn't know, I don't live in either. :)

Engagement?! Who's getting married?! I love weddings. You're all invited to mine - it's in 2012.

I hope it's in NYC.

MegacedU
12-25-2007, 08:30 PM
I hope it's in NYC.

It might be slightly upstate, but open bar for sure!

Rickson
12-25-2007, 09:00 PM
It might be slightly upstate, but open bar for sure!
You mean Watervliet? That's more than slightly upstate from NYC.

MegacedU
12-25-2007, 09:09 PM
Excuse me, I live ACROSS the river. K thanks.

Rickson
12-25-2007, 09:13 PM
Excuse me, I live ACROSS the river. K thanks.

Come on now. How do I know when they're joking or serious? I don't know in which county you grew up. I grew up in Queens county which is the biggest county/borough in NYC.

zapvor
12-26-2007, 01:48 PM
Uh oh! NYC vs. Long Island. Bring it!

It has allready been broughten.

J

would love to see a Long ISland vs. NYC chapter meet. eventually we should have TW Cup/Tournment with all the chapters. also glad to see you starting a chapter up there. (although it will never be as good as the MAC.)

Rickson
12-26-2007, 02:04 PM
We will defeat you, North Carolina!

J011yroger
12-26-2007, 03:55 PM
who is this we you speak of?

J

Rickson
12-26-2007, 04:41 PM
who is this we you speak of?

J

New York of course.

Sup2Dresq
12-26-2007, 04:56 PM
^^^ I smell a turf war.

J

Hahaha.. I instantly thought.. West Side story with the finger snapping. Thats about as tough as I see this TW turf war. (Though I do realize in the story someone gets stabbed).

Jolly,.. you are Jet or a Shark..

http://re3.mm-a6.yimg.com/image/3650755221

Topaz
12-26-2007, 04:59 PM
^^^Jolly is most definitely a Jet...I see him as they guy who sang 'cool'.

Sup2Dresq
12-26-2007, 05:01 PM
^^^Jolly is most definitely a Jet...I see him as they guy who sang 'cool'.

The guy who went on to Hawaii 5.0 fame?

http://re3.mm-a11.yimg.com/image/60214227

Topaz
12-26-2007, 05:05 PM
The guy who went on to Hawaii 5.0 fame?

http://re3.mm-a11.yimg.com/image/60214227

Hmmm, not sure...his name (just looked it up) is Tucker Smith. The character is "Ice". He was the tallest of the Jets.

J011yroger
12-26-2007, 05:08 PM
New York of course.

But you don't have any members.

J

Rickson
12-26-2007, 05:45 PM

J

I have non TW members in my chapter. We have the infamous line call Raul: noone can hook you better! We've got the pusher extraordinaire, Richie: He just goes on and on and on so you'd better put him away while you can! We can't forget about Mr. Slice and Dice Lou: This guy will cut you up faster than a Ginsu knife! And we can't forget about the beast from the east, Rickson: Let's just say I prefer the net over the baseline. This is just part of the NYC chapter. You have been warned!

zapvor
12-26-2007, 06:56 PM

J

I have non TW members in my chapter. We have the infamous line call Raul: noone can hook you better! We've got the pusher extraordinaire, Richie: He just goes on and on and on so you'd better put him away while you can! We can't forget about Mr. Slice and Dice Lou: This guy will cut you up faster than a Ginsu knife! And we can't forget about the beast from the east, Rickson: Let's just say I prefer the net over the baseline. This is just part of the NYC chapter. You have been warned!

i think they have to be TW members too. otherwise you can just drag anybody in from the outside.

Rickson
12-26-2007, 06:58 PM
i think they have to be TW members too. otherwise you can just drag anybody in from the outside.

But these guys suck! Out of the 3 I've mentioned, only Richie gives me a tight match.

zapvor
12-26-2007, 07:00 PM
But these guys suck! Out of the 3 I've mentioned, only Richie gives me a tight match.

haha. well its easy. they just need to register for the forum, and show up to a meet. you can get that done in a day. besides this is the TW Cup, so they should be members

-Kap-
12-26-2007, 09:05 PM
*snaps his fingers like a Jet* Don't worry, Jolly, I've got your back.

I'm sure I can give Rickson some competition

...if we play indoors

...on a Wii

;)

nyc
12-26-2007, 09:12 PM
Count me in!

Rickson
12-27-2007, 03:11 AM
Count me in!

Cool name.

dennis10is
12-27-2007, 07:21 PM
So when is this shakedown gonna happen, will we meet in some neutral place like Weschester? I don't wanna go to Jersey.

Jolly, we better tell the boys to put on their leather jackets get ready to rumble.

Rickson
12-27-2007, 07:25 PM
So when is this shakedown gonna happen, will we meet in some neutral place like Weschester? I don't wanna go to Jersey.

Jolly, we better tell the boys to put on their leather jackets get ready to rumble.

Uh oh, we might not have tennis racquets in our tennis bags.

J011yroger
12-27-2007, 07:33 PM

Hey! Are you back from Kalefurnia?

You are not going to believe it, some lowlife stole my serve, and left me with awesome volleying ability. I don't know when it happened, but you wouldn't believe it if you saw it. I am now a black hole at the net, but my serves are slow, and don't go in the box (As opposed to their usual being fast, and not going in the box).

Also, once you get over your various ailments, we need to make our way down to bethpage. With a few months of practice, I think I could officially be a monster on red dirt. Want your opinion.

J

dennis10is
12-28-2007, 06:54 PM
Hey! Are you back from Kalefurnia?

You are not going to believe it, some lowlife stole my serve, and left me with awesome volleying ability. I don't know when it happened, but you wouldn't believe it if you saw it. I am now a black hole at the net, but my serves are slow, and don't go in the box (As opposed to their usual being fast, and not going in the box).

Also, once you get over your various ailments, we need to make our way down to bethpage. With a few months of practice, I think I could officially be a monster on red dirt. Want your opinion.

J

Karma, this is what happens when your absolute slowest, get in the serve so you can practice serve and volley is 105 mph. Haven't you been tinkering with the timing of your first serve?

Don't tell me that you can slice now! and volley?

Instead of driving down to OC, I'm flying back to beautiful Long Island early than plan now that I'm almost pain free. I'll be back Sunday morning. Yeah, just a back spasm that ruined my tennis and everything else in Cali.

I'm right? You are changing into a grinder?? :) What are you going to do, hit an 85mph kicker and stay on the baseline all day? We should try red clay and heavy heavy spin.

J011yroger
12-29-2007, 04:42 AM
I'm right? You are changing into a grinder?? :) What are you going to do, hit an 85mph kicker and stay on the baseline all day? We should try red clay and heavy heavy spin.

Nononono. I just played my normal game, and everything seemed to work better on the red. The ball sits up a little more so I can put a swing on it, and their balls slow down a little so I can get to things I ordinarily couldnt.

The volley thing must be a fluke. I am expecting it to go away any day now.

J

Rickson
12-29-2007, 10:29 AM
OK, Jo11y. It's on! One hander vs. two hander! This spring. A court in Nassau county. Bring it!

Sup2Dresq
10-06-2008, 09:28 AM
Hey guys,

I am thinking of going up to the big apple in the next couple days... early next week perhaps.

Do you guys have any near future plans to hit?

Sup
TW Mid-Atlantic Chapter

p.s. I hit with a guy who was from NYC a couple months ago with a fellow TWMAC member TFM. He was a double handed backhand and forehand. Phillipino guy. Can't remember his screen name and haven't looked it up.

Raphael
10-06-2008, 11:06 AM
Count me in!

I'm a New Yorker, born and bred. :)

zapvor
10-06-2008, 02:24 PM
looks like another chapter is hanging on

NickC
10-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Even though I technically don't live in NYC, I can get to Downtown quite quickly (from my house, not where I am now). We don't have a Tri-State area TTW chapter, so can I join?

Sup2Dresq
10-06-2008, 06:05 PM
Hey guys,

I am thinking of going up to the big apple in the next couple days... early next week perhaps.

Sup
TW Mid-Atlantic Chapter

p.s. I hit with a guy who was from NYC a couple months ago with a fellow TWMAC member TFM. He was a double handed backhand and forehand. Phillipino guy. Can't remember his screen name and haven't looked it up.

So does someone have a routine weekly meeting or something set up for early next week?

Bueller? anyone?

sapient007
10-06-2008, 06:16 PM
i'll be in NYC in a week or 2. for realz. you wanna get a hit in?

Sup2Dresq
10-06-2008, 06:18 PM
i'll be in NYC in a week or 2. for realz. you wanna get a hit in?

Early next week.. and when you mean hit.. you dont mean a hit of your percocet..

darn junkie..

J011yroger
10-06-2008, 06:42 PM
Hey guys,

Sup
TW Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Give me a shout when you hit town and I will see if I can manage any possible way to get together.

J

NickH87
10-06-2008, 09:07 PM
I am 40 minutes from NYC, I was born in manhattan too and played baseball there for 13 years. I know my way around.

heycal
10-07-2008, 04:27 PM
I am 40 minutes from NYC, I was born in manhattan too and played baseball there for 13 years. I know my way around.

Sounds suspicously like New Jersey.

I live 40 minutes away too, but in New York state, doggone it.

Sup2Dresq
10-07-2008, 05:08 PM
^^^

Is there a bit of tension between Jersey and NY? I know MDers and Va peeps have tension.. especially on how we drive.

p.s. Do they both have accents like Jolly?

DaKinG
10-07-2008, 05:24 PM
New York Represent!
lol

J011yroger
10-08-2008, 03:08 AM
^^^

Is there a bit of tension between Jersey and NY? I know MDers and Va peeps have tension.. especially on how we drive.

No tension at all, NJ is just a hole. We actually pity them (ok laugh at them) for being second rate citizens.

P.S. I don't have an accent.

J

yanjonm
10-08-2008, 05:11 AM
^^^

Did you watch this week's episode of "How I Met Your Mother"? LOL

Sup2Dresq
10-08-2008, 05:26 AM
Did you watch this week's episode of "How I Met Your Mother"? LOL

No should I? I think you can go on the network's website and watch the videos.

McLovin
10-08-2008, 06:21 AM
LOL. That's the same thing I thought when I first moved to Virginia: Accent? What accent?

Of course, you'd probably think I have an accent as being from way upstate (Rochester) we tend to sound a bit like Canadians, aye?

Rickson
10-08-2008, 07:15 AM
I don't know about that. I heard a lot of "arg" whenever Jo11y spoke.

canadave
10-08-2008, 07:28 AM
Can I join if I'm no longer in NYC, but was born and raised in the Village (near Joe's) until I moved away at the age of 30? :)

canadave
10-08-2008, 07:29 AM
No tension at all, NJ is just a hole. We actually pity them (ok laugh at them) for being second rate citizens.

J
Me and my hoodlum pals--errrr, buddies--always used to say that NJ was only good for getting from NY to Pennsylvania ;)

Rickson
10-08-2008, 07:31 AM
Only if you come to NYC for doubles, but if you're staying in Canada permanently, you may not join.

heycal
10-08-2008, 07:37 AM
^^^

I actually have a fondness for New Jersey, but it gets a bad rap for two reasons:

1) It's not as good in any way as its next door neighbor New York.

2) Most of their industry is situated alongside the the New Jersey Turnpike, and it's really ugly looking. Since most outsiders only see the New Jersey Turnpike, that's how they think of New Jersey. I had to drive to New Brunswick and back last weekend, and I after a half hour on the turnpike, I wanted to kill myself.

BUT New Jersey also has beautiful towns and great ocean beaches, and the people are fine, almost New Yorker-like. So New Jersey is still better than about about 48 other states in the union (and most of it is conveniently located near New York), and if I couldn't live in New York, New Jersey is not a bad second choice.

heycal
10-08-2008, 07:38 AM
Can I join if I'm no longer in NYC, but was born and raised in the Village (near Joe's) until I moved away at the age of 30? :)

What "Joe's"?

canadave
10-08-2008, 08:04 AM
Only if you come to NYC for doubles, but if you're staying in Canada permanently, you may not join.

lol...well, I visit at least once (sometimes twice) a year, and played tennis last time I was there (my parents still live in the same place in the Village they've lived for 40 years, and that's where I stay when I visit), so I hope that's good enough...at least for an honorary membership! ;)

If it helps, I still root for the Giants, Rangers, and Mets.....and still consider myself a New Yorker, even though I *live* in Canada....

canadave
10-08-2008, 08:05 AM
What "Joe's"?

You know...Joe's!

canadave
10-08-2008, 08:06 AM
The longtime famous pizzeria on the corner of Bleecker and Carmine Streets....closed a couple of years ago and gave over to its former outlet just a few doors down.

heycal
10-08-2008, 08:19 AM
The longtime famous pizzeria on the corner of Bleecker and Carmine Streets....closed a couple of years ago and gave over to its former outlet just a few doors down.

I know the place (and like their pizza), and it was the only Joe's I could think of, but I don't consider it a famous enough place to be be referred to just by it's name. John's, maybe.

canadave
10-08-2008, 08:23 AM
I know the place (and like their pizza), and it was the only Joe's I could think of, but I don't consider it a famous enough place to be be referred to just by it's name. John's, maybe.

Sorry, I was being somewhat facetious :) The fact you've heard of it, ate there, and knew of it was what I was kind of counting on ;)

Sup2Dresq
10-08-2008, 08:28 AM
Sorry, I was being somewhat facetious :) The fact you've heard of it, ate there, and knew of it was what I was kind of counting on ;)

Phew!

I thought it was a Joe... joe who? Jo Mamma .. joke.

I was seriously waiting for it...

Sup

heycal
10-08-2008, 08:31 AM

I have, but I bet Rickson, Jolly, and most other New Yorkers have never heard of the place. Which is why I questioned the way it was referenced in the first place.

Actually the real reason I referenced it was to see if you were just tossing out a generic name hoping it would match some famous landmark in order to make it seem like you were a real New Yorker.:)

Rickson
10-08-2008, 08:38 AM
There you go!

Dave's favorite pizza joint (http://www.famousjoespizza.com/)

canadave
10-08-2008, 08:42 AM
I have, but I bet Rickson, Jolly, and most other New Yorkers have never heard of the place. Which is why I questioned the way it was referenced in the first place.
I wouldn't be too sure of that ;) Joe's used to be famous far and wide (even among the bridge and tunnel crowd) because everyone used to come hang out in the Village, and Joe's was the one place there you could get a slice at 4am when the bars let out.

Actually the real reason I referenced it was to see if you were just tossing out a generic name hoping it would match some famous landmark in order to make it seem like you were a real New Yorker.:)

Hahaha...I see your point. Good strategy!

heycal
10-08-2008, 08:50 AM
There you go!

Dave's favorite pizza joint (http://www.famousjoespizza.com/)

Now who the hell is Dave?

heycal
10-08-2008, 08:52 AM
I wouldn't be too sure of that ;) Joe's used to be famous far and wide (even among the bridge and tunnel crowd) because everyone used to come hang out in the Village, and Joe's was the one place there you could get a slice at 4am when the bars let out.

All right. We'll give you a pass this time. But we'll be watching ya.:)

sapient007
10-08-2008, 09:04 AM

john's near west 4th? good pizza

heycal
10-08-2008, 09:08 AM
john's near west 4th? good pizza

Bleecker between 6th and 7th. Excellent thin crust brick oven pizza.

canadave
10-08-2008, 09:15 AM
Now who the hell is Dave?

hahaha...no one, believe me, no one....

--Dave

sapient007
10-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Bleecker between 6th and 7th. Excellent thin crust brick oven pizza.

side track

if you enjoy japanese food. there's a place called aki about 5 doors down the pink pu$$ycat (west 4th). small place, about 4-5 tables but great selection. i'd order a la cart to test out all the different grades of the fish. think it's still around

canadave
10-08-2008, 09:28 AM
side track

if you enjoy japanese food. there's a place called aki about 5 doors down the pink pu$$ycat (west 4th). small place, about 4-5 tables but great selection. i'd order a la cart to test out all the different grades of the fish. think it's still around

I think my folks go there occasionally actually (the family apt. building is on 6th Ave between Bleecker and Houston). There's so many great restaurants in that area!

yanjonm
10-08-2008, 10:33 AM
I like NJ for the cheap gas and low sales tax.

No should I? I think you can go on the network's website and watch the videos.

In that particular episode, they talked about how much they hated NJ. I thought it was funny. You should check it out if you like stupid humor and/or NPH.

J011yroger
10-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Me and my hoodlum pals--errrr, buddies--always used to say that NJ was only good for getting from NY to Pennsylvania ;)

My girlfriend told me to kiss her where it stinks, so I brought her to NJ.

J

Sup2Dresq
10-11-2008, 03:59 PM
So is anyone hitting this monday?

If not, can anyone tell me a court to hit on. Anywhere around 44W and 44th street?

How about Flushing. How long is the trip on the subway during mid-day rush?

Sup

J011yroger
10-11-2008, 04:24 PM
So is anyone hitting this monday?

If not, can anyone tell me a court to hit on. Anywhere around 44W and 44th street?

How about Flushing. How long is the trip on the subway during mid-day rush?

Sup

My monday night seasonal court time is over at 8:00pm, so if you wanted to do Flushing, I could be there at 9pm.

Would be good to know sooner than later because it can be tough (impossible) to get indoor time.

J

Sup2Dresq
10-11-2008, 04:35 PM
My monday night seasonal court time is over at 8:00pm, so if you wanted to do Flushing, I could be there at 9pm.

Would be good to know sooner than later because it can be tough (impossible) to get indoor time.

J

The key word was "mid-day" .. can't do 9pm. Tease.

How long do you think it would take to get to flushing by subway from 44w/44th? Think I could call there and get a list of hitting partners? Do the jamacians deal with italians/spaniards well? How about the local courts. Are they tough in the big apple? Will I understand their accents?

Or should I take notes from the Rickson/Ignorant fight thread.

heycal
10-11-2008, 04:42 PM

How long do you think it would take to get to flushing by subway from 44w/44th? Think I could call there and get a list of hitting partners? Do the jamacians deal with italians/spaniards well? How about the local courts. Are they tough in the big apple? Will I understand their accents?

running out the door so can't respond more fully, but probably 45 minutes to flushing? Great place to play, but so is Riverside Red clay, which is much closer, or Central Park, which is not quite as nice but cool in it's own way. Just go up and see if you can find a game. And you'll be just as likely to be dealing with old jewish new yorkers than young foreigners at any of these locations.
http://www.rcta.info/

J011yroger
10-11-2008, 04:48 PM

*******! If it wasn't Columbus day I would try to take off from work, but it is a really busy day for the shop because people who are teachers or bankers have off and can bring their cars in.

And in these dark times we are all scraping and clawing for business.

J

J011yroger
10-11-2008, 04:49 PM
running out the door so can't respond more fully, but probably 45 minutes to flushing? Great place to play, but so is Riverside Red clay, which is much closer, or Central Park, which is not quite as nice but cool in it's own way. Just go up and see if you can find a game. And you'll be just as likely to be dealing with old jewish new yorkers than young foreigners at any of these locations.
http://www.rcta.info/

Can you please inform Mr. Sup that I don't have an accent?

Also can you play tomorrow or not?

J

heycal
10-11-2008, 04:54 PM
Can you please inform Mr. Sup that I don't have an accent?

Also can you play tomorrow or not?

J

Tomorrow is looking bad. I have to do a bunch of boring schelping around and going up to Connecticut during prime daylight hours instead of enjoying our fine indian summer, so we'll have to try another time.

I can't remember. Maybe you do have an accent.

J011yroger
10-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Tomorrow is looking bad. I have to do a bunch of boring schelping around and going up to Connecticut during prime daylight hours instead of enjoying our fine indian summer, so we'll have to try another time.

I can't remember. Maybe you do have an accent.

No worries, it is a heck of a drive just to hit around for a bit. Will have to make my way up there in the spring sometime. Hopefully we can have some type of get together at the NTC before then. Maybe scope out the new center. I think it is opening Dec, 1.

J

Sup2Dresq
10-11-2008, 05:11 PM
No worries, it is a heck of a drive just to hit around for a bit. Will have to make my way up there in the spring sometime. Hopefully we can have some type of get together at the NTC before then. Maybe scope out the new center. I think it is opening Dec, 1.

J

Shouldn't that be "Fougetaboutit".

Speaking of Jolly's accent. Do peeps in Jersey have a distinct accent than New Yorkers?

Topaz
10-11-2008, 05:13 PM
*******! If it wasn't Columbus day I would try to take off from work, but it is a really busy day for the shop because people who are teachers or bankers have off and can bring their cars in.

And in these dark times we are all scraping and clawing for business.

J

What? NY teachers have off on Monday? Must be nice.

Though, I have a friend who taught on LI for a while, and between the Christian and the Jewish holidays, they never had a full week of school until well into October.

Slackers.

J011yroger
10-11-2008, 05:28 PM

Though, I have a friend who taught on LI for a while, and between the Christian and the Jewish holidays, they never had a full week of school until well into October.

Slackers.

Oh yea, every lame holiday in existance they get off here. In addition to the $80,000 a year they make.

J

J011yroger
10-11-2008, 05:30 PM
Shouldn't that be "Fougetaboutit".

Speaking of Jolly's accent. Do peeps in Jersey have a distinct accent than New Yorkers?

I had a couple of Aussie buddies so it kind of rubbed off.

Jersey peeps sound like south shore Long Islanders, or Staten Islanders. In comparison to people like me who don't have accents.

J

Topaz
10-11-2008, 05:50 PM
Oh yea, every lame holiday in existance they get off here. In addition to the $80,000 a year they make.

J

$80,000?!?!????? :shock:

*checking NY job listings*

J011yroger
10-11-2008, 05:55 PM
$80,000?!?!????? :shock:

*checking NY job listings*

Not to start, but yea. Cops make over $100,000.

RNs get paid a ton too. But I don't think they have enough money on the planet to make me clean up someone who soiled themselves.

J

J011yroger
10-11-2008, 05:57 PM
Come on up, I can set you up with several 4.5 league playing ladies that you would love hitting with.

J

Sup2Dresq
10-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Not to start, but yea. Cops make over $100,000.

RNs get paid a ton too. But I don't think they have enough money on the planet to make me clean up someone who soiled themselves.

J

Topaz,

Just an FYI. I was looking at NYC at a time to move. Then I heard Jolly talk.. jk. Anyways, I looked at standard of living costs. Its about 13% higher than here.

Expensive town. They even have their own language.

J011yroger
10-11-2008, 06:01 PM
Topaz,

Just an FYI. I was looking at NYC at a time to move. Then I heard Jolly talk.. jk. Anyways, I looked at standard of living costs. Its about 13% higher than here.

Expensive town. They even have their own language.

Oh, did I leave out the part about paying the rent?

And the $18 martinis?

J

Sup2Dresq
10-13-2008, 11:17 AM
Anyone around? Hello?

I guess not :( . See you on the flip side. There's some court on the top of a building around here. They said tennis channel did a segment on it. *shrug*. Its a court.

Adios.

J011yroger
10-13-2008, 08:34 PM
Anyone around? Hello?

I guess not :( . See you on the flip side. There's some court on the top of a building around here. They said tennis channel did a segment on it. *shrug*. Its a court.

Adios.

Was it the Millenium something hotel?

J

Rickson
10-14-2008, 06:55 AM
When's this turf war going down?

heycal
10-14-2008, 06:37 PM

Yeah, I don't know if you really want to drive 2 hours to hit with a guy who couldn't sustain a 3 shot rally with you.

Hopefully we'll get that doubles thing going in Queens though. I'm out of town Wed-Mon, but around after that.

Slackers.

My kid is never in school. How the hell is she going to learn anything?

Come on up, I can set you up with several 4.5 league playing ladies that you would love hitting with.

J

4.5 ladies? That's kinda sexy.

Anyone around? Hello?

Adios.

Did you check out Central Park or Riverside Clay like I suggested to find a game?

When's this turf war going down?

Not sure which turf war you're referring to, but I want in.

Topaz
10-15-2008, 02:54 AM
My kid is never in school. How the hell is she going to learn anything?

Every child's first teacher...is their parents.

hollywood9826
10-15-2008, 04:01 AM
Every child's first teacher...is their parents.

That sounds like teacher speak for

"I really dont want to work that hard teaching these spoiled brats. The only reason I do this job is because i get off 3 months everysummer"

Topaz
10-15-2008, 04:27 AM
That sounds like teacher speak for

"I really dont want to work that hard teaching these spoiled brats. The only reason I do this job is because i get off 3 months everysummer"

Would you say that to your mother?

Disgusting reply. I'll try to keep that in mind when I'm in tears from exhuastion and haven't sat down or gone to the bathroom all f*cking day.

sapient007
10-15-2008, 04:27 AM
hwood is just asking for it.

but i'm sure they get 3 months + 2 weeks for every summer

hollywood9826
10-15-2008, 04:34 AM
hwood is just asking for it.

but i'm sure they get 3 months + 2 weeks for every summer

I was tryin to be very conservative with the time off estimate, but you may be right.

hollywood9826
10-15-2008, 04:36 AM
Would you say that to your mother?

Disgusting reply. I'll try to keep that in mind when I'm in tears from exhuastion and haven't sat down or gone to the bathroom all f*cking day.

I would say it to her for sure. Then she being by mother would sense the sarcasm in the statement and probably chuckle. Then she would agree that there are alot of teachers in her school that show up and go through the motions, and do the bare minimum.

Rickson
02-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Where have all the New Yorkers gone?

J011yroger
02-12-2009, 03:15 AM
Hibernating.

J

NickC
02-12-2009, 08:25 AM

Down south for the Winter. Mexico, to be exact.

Mind letting me in, since I work in NYC and I spend a great deal of time there? I live a half hour away from Manhattan by way of MetroNorth. If Jo11y is in, can I be included too? And I'm a Met fan, if that counts for anything, maybe it does since you're from Queens...

Rickson
02-12-2009, 08:37 AM
Metro North? A Westchester man?

MegacedU
02-12-2009, 08:51 AM
At school :(

NickC
02-12-2009, 09:01 AM
Metro North? A Westchester man?

Naw, Port Chester. Went to school in Greenwich, though.

Rickson
02-12-2009, 09:06 AM
Of course, you're welcome to join this chapter. BTW, we're having a rumble with the Long Island chapter soon. Where lies your allegiance?

Steve F.
02-12-2009, 09:18 AM

...Paris.
I still can't get used to everything closing down on Sundays. And the lack of sun. Even on Sundays. Which is why they call it dimanche. Ah, nevermind. I'll have a glass of wine instead.

NickC
02-12-2009, 09:57 AM
Of course, you're welcome to join this chapter. BTW, we're having a rumble with the Long Island chapter soon. Where lies your allegiance?

New Yawk. But I'm not home until April. If it's in the Summer, I'd love to play. Hell, I'm not that bad. I threw an ace by Justin last time he and I played.