PDA

View Full Version : agassi greatest returner of all time highlights vid!!!!!!

BeHappy
12-18-2007, 04:42 AM
check it out, simply awesome returning!!!!!!!!

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=0iAtfgVmkxM&feature=related

topsltennis
12-18-2007, 06:50 AM
What's your point? Sampras has a good serve?

Leelord337
12-18-2007, 12:22 PM
Sam Querrey served 10 aces in a row.

hoodjem
12-18-2007, 02:48 PM
BeHappy got the wrong video. The one he listed was of Sampras hitting four aces against Agassi.

Maybe he meant this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf5q9zaUB70&NR=1

Maybe not.

drakulie
12-18-2007, 02:50 PM
^^^^ That's what I like about you. Your attention to detail.

Forehand Forever
12-18-2007, 02:55 PM
Lol drak.

I once got 3 aces in a row, double faulted then hit another ace. I think about 2 or 3 years ago.

hyogen
12-18-2007, 02:59 PM
be happy, i haven't seen the vid yet, but if that's not the right one, please repost the right one. :)

ryan808
12-18-2007, 03:14 PM
LQTM, drak. I also love the irony of the thread title.

But I really do think that Andre was a great returner, even if the video clip did not show it in any way, shape, or form.

A.Davidson
12-18-2007, 04:20 PM
I think it's great that we're all remembering not to waste valuable bandwidth.

Bravo, gentlemen. Well, ok - just the OP. Everyone else, good job berating him, keep it up.

BeHappy
12-18-2007, 05:51 PM
look at the vid again, and check out just how ordinary those particular serves are.Especially the second one!
110mph into the corner, doesn't even hit the line!

Agassi truly is astonishing!

Why, he was aced only 10 times in the first set of the 2002 US open.

Extraordinary!

weekendwarrior
12-19-2007, 09:33 AM
lol....that's really funny

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
12-19-2007, 10:40 AM
check it out, simply awesome returning!!!!!!!!

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=0iAtfgVmkxM&feature=related

Was that Governor Arnold in the crowd?

But yeah, Sampras was just smirking after those aces, maybe at the statement that Agassi is the greatest returner against everyone, except him.

hoodjem
12-19-2007, 11:04 AM
Yes, dat vuz Ahhhnuld.

Well I guess it does not matter that one is "the greatest returner in the game", if you can't even get a racquet on the ball.

Even Mr. All-Business Sampras looked impressed.

Squall Leonheart
12-19-2007, 11:19 AM
It's times like this that I wish BeHappy was still banned...

El Diablo
12-19-2007, 11:26 AM
Best of all time?? Before the mid-70s, returning was far more difficult as 3 of 4 slams were played on grass, so many more of the other tournaments were on fast, irregular grass as well, and racquets were 6/10 the size of the one Agassi used. And serves came plenty quick back then....Colin Dibley served 146 mph with wood and plenty of other players were in the 120s.
"All time" on this board usually means the useful memory period of members, perhaps 15-20 years with some exceptions. Having seen some video recently of Laver and Rosewall returning on those fast surfaces with those small racquets, I'm not so sure Agassi can be said to be the best ever at it. Maybe more players took returning more seriously then with S&V the preeminent style of play.

HappyChappy
12-19-2007, 11:27 AM
yeah, I guess those short, 110mph serves were just too hot for Agassi to handle...

superman1
12-20-2007, 12:59 AM
Best of all time?? Before the mid-70s, returning was far more difficult as 3 of 4 slams were played on grass, so many more of the other tournaments were on fast, irregular grass as well, and racquets were 6/10 the size of the one Agassi used. And serves came plenty quick back then....Colin Dibley served 146 mph with wood and plenty of other players were in the 120s.
"All time" on this board usually means the useful memory period of members, perhaps 15-20 years with some exceptions. Having seen some video recently of Laver and Rosewall returning on those fast surfaces with those small racquets, I'm not so sure Agassi can be said to be the best ever at it. Maybe more players took returning more seriously then with S&V the preeminent style of play.

Yeah, and you had to walk 10 miles through the snow just to get to the courts, and racquets were built with nails sticking out of the handles, but you just gritted your teeth and went on with it.

This thread doesn't even dignify a response. I look forward to Be Happy's post 10 years from now saying that Federer didn't have much of a forehand when you look back on it.

HappyChappy
12-20-2007, 01:58 AM
Yeah, and you had to walk 10 miles through the snow just to get to the courts, and racquets were built with nails sticking out of the handles, but you just gritted your teeth and went on with it.

This thread doesn't even dignify a response. I look forward to Be Happy's post 10 years from now saying that Federer didn't have much of a forehand when you look back on it.

wow, you didn't even address his argument, I guess you've no defence?

federerfanatic
12-20-2007, 05:55 AM
BeHappy is a king troll. Just look over some of his threads started such as James Blake not getting credit for his supposably amazing backhand due to racism, or Seles returning to dominate womens tennis.

CGMemphis
12-20-2007, 07:08 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iQ75psu1F7c

HappyChappy
12-20-2007, 07:17 AM
BeHappy is a king troll. Just look over some of his threads started such as James Blake not getting credit for his supposably amazing backhand due to racism, or Seles returning to dominate womens tennis.

Ask nadal if blake has a good backhand.

Seles loses all that weight and plays that well and she can't make a big comeback?

YOU are a troll, you are on several ignore lists because you troll people.

federerfanatic
12-20-2007, 07:29 AM
Ask nadal if blake has a good backhand.

Ask Federer the same question.

Seles loses all that weight and plays that well and she can't make a big comeback?

Yes a 34 year old women who won 1 grand slam in her 8 year return from 5-13 years ago, is going to dominate again just because she lost some weight. :rolleyes:

HappyChappy
12-20-2007, 07:42 AM
Ask Federer the same question.

he'd probably say yes, stroke for stroke he's as good as me, but his shot slection and point construction si ********.

Yes a 34 year old women who won 1 grand slam in her 8 year return from 5-13 years ago, is going to dominate again just because she lost some weight. :rolleyes:

[/]just[/i] because she lost some weight.

50 pounds at least.

ryan808
12-21-2007, 09:24 AM

Yes! That video was awesome. I would never be caught dead wearing tights while playing tennis, but back when I was a junior, I totally rocked Agassi's black/hot pink shirt at 01:45. Wore/washed it so much that the dri-fit material started to pelt.

I can't believe I just shared that.

hoodjem
12-21-2007, 09:39 AM

This video is hilarious: long-haired, poofy-coifed Agassi wearing black tights, and looking serious.

I'm sure that all the 11-14 year-old girls will just eat it up.

superman1
12-22-2007, 12:54 AM
Here is my response - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ycPn3IvDVU

FedForGOAT
12-31-2007, 11:44 PM

I love how "back then" the balls on grass used to "bounce to about ankle high" and yet "Little Bill" Johnston, who was an early rival of Tilden, played and won the U.S Open, played on grass with a shoulder-high Western forehand often considered one of the best of all time, to quote wikipedia.

firstservethenvolley
01-01-2008, 12:01 AM
Here is my response - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ycPn3IvDVU

Thank you. That was amazing.