PDA

View Full Version : 2007 TW Awards – Most Civil

SoBad
12-18-2007, 06:40 PM
Vote and discuss!

------------------------------------------------------
Frequently Asked Questions

1. Q: Why does poster “X” appear as an option in this poll?
A: Poster “X” appears as an option in this poll because that poster was nominated for this category by another poster.

2. Q: Who does poster “Y” not appear as an option in this poll?
A: Poster “Y” does not appear as an option in this poll because that poster was not nominated for this category by any other poster.

3. Q: Where is the thread about the nominations for these 2007 TW year end awards, and how can I access that thread?
A: You can read about the nominations for these 2007 TW year end awards in the thread entitled “2007 TW Year End Awards”. You can access the thread either by looking through the “Odds and Ends” subforum, or by clicking on the link below:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=171284

4. Q: I had difficulty figuring out the answers to one or more questions above on my own. Does that mean I am a little slow?
A: No, it does not mean that at all.

TokyopunK
12-18-2007, 06:43 PM
SoBad takes an early lead!

jamauss
12-18-2007, 06:43 PM
I nominate myself. :)

Lakoste
12-18-2007, 06:46 PM
Peter is my boy!

Ano
12-18-2007, 06:48 PM
chess9.

I have never seen him fighting with other posters.

SoBad
12-18-2007, 06:50 PM
chess9.

I have never seen him fighting with other posters.

I saw him blatanly flaming TonLars (best player after serveitup911) for no reason, but I won't provide the link, since I hope to live up to my current status as most civil.

Ano
12-18-2007, 07:03 PM
I saw him blatanly flaming TonLars (best player after serveitup911) for no reason, but I won't provide the link, since I hope to live up to my current status as most civil.

Okay, my bad. :-?

SoBad
12-18-2007, 07:06 PM
My vote is for my own nominee noobplayer. While I was only engaged once in a very brief discussion with him, the civility of his posts left a lasting impression.

HyperHorse
12-18-2007, 07:10 PM
I love you Cindy!!!
*wink* :-P

BiGGieStuFF
12-18-2007, 07:22 PM
snubbed again :(

Fee
12-18-2007, 09:13 PM
I should not be in this poll, I've had my fair share of encounters with some of the big jerks on this forum.

My vote goes to Chess9. He is not perfect, but he is about as fair as you can be in this envrionment.

ananda
12-18-2007, 10:47 PM
Spoiler:
chess9 and cindy running neck to neck.

My horse, shirorm, at their heels waiting to take them at the bell !

(shiro, be careful, sobad might try to elbow you :-) )

CAM178
12-18-2007, 11:05 PM
I've had my fair share of encounters with some of the big jerks on this forum.

Yep. Ditto here.

ShiroRm
12-18-2007, 11:08 PM
(shiro, be careful, sobad might try to elbow you :-) )

(it wouldn't be very civil :-))

ananda
12-19-2007, 06:54 AM
cindysphinx at 7 takes the lead over chess9 at 4.

I told you, all that long distance running really helps.

slice_bh at bagel, standing at the track side adjusting his iPod.

Rickson
12-19-2007, 07:00 AM
What the hell is this? Why isn't my damn name up there for being the most civil poster? I don't understand this travesty!

WBF
12-19-2007, 07:59 AM
Ano wasn't nominated? He's always very informative and civil. Alas.

ilovecarlos
12-19-2007, 08:22 AM
I had real trouble with this one....I love Peter but had to vote for Sup...he's been very good to me....
Can I vote for Sup and Peter please??????? Pretty Please??????

TonLars
12-19-2007, 08:47 AM

Haha, yeah that thread got a little rediculous, but actually I will say that chess9 (Robert) is very civil and polite and definitely worthy of the nomination. I also agree that Ano is a worthy candidate

Fee
12-19-2007, 09:50 AM
Yep. Ditto here.

What do you mean?

Dedans Penthouse
12-19-2007, 11:58 AM
What? No props for me? Where is the love, man? In the immortal words of Derrik (of the Dominos fame), "Why does love got to be so sad..." I thought we were tight, sniff sniff...:shock: *cyber-hug*

Phil, both my love & "Phfealty" are there--in spades!

Hell, you've had the "City of Brotherly Love" named after you (Philadelphia). Who else here can claim that?

As for "2007 Awards - Most Civil", listen my esteemed amigo, I did have you ranked in the top 3. Hell, that's better than me; the only "best of award" thread I've won so far is:

"2007 TW Awards - Most Drivel" :neutral:

chess9
12-19-2007, 12:07 PM

I was a bit disappointed with the way in which TonLars asked his question in that thread. I hardly flamed him. LOL. However, I voted for him as best player. :) I like a little guy with good footwork. Actually, I should say I ENVY them. :)

-Robert

chess9
12-19-2007, 12:09 PM
I should not be in this poll, I've had my fair share of encounters with some of the big jerks on this forum.

My vote goes to Chess9. He is not perfect, but he is about as fair as you can be in this envrionment.

LOL! I voted for you. You are always nice, plus you stay out of the heated political discussions, for the most part. So, you are smart and civil, a rare combo. ;)

-Robert

Fee
12-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Thank you Robert. See, you proved my point. :)

ilovecarlos
12-19-2007, 12:29 PM
*cyber-hug*

Phil, both my love & "Phfealty" are there--in spades!

Hell, you've had the "City of Brotherly Love" named after you (Philadelphia). Who else here can claim that?

As for "2007 Awards - Most Civil", listen my esteemed amigo, I did have you ranked in the top 3. Hell, that's better than me; the only "best of award" thread I've won so far is:

"2007 TW Awards - Most Drivel" :neutral:

***coughs****I nominated my Beloved for many honors...

TonLars
12-19-2007, 12:44 PM
I was a bit disappointed with the way in which TonLars asked his question in that thread. I hardly flamed him. LOL. However, I voted for him as best player. :) I like a little guy with good footwork. Actually, I should say I ENVY them. :)

-Robert

Yeah thats what I said, it was no big deal, you didnt flame, lol.

That was nice of you to vote for me, I will give you mine as well then haha.

Although big/little is relative, I found what you said interesting! And at least for tennis, I dont consider myself small. Im about 6'1", 175 pounds, and I consider myself to be physically stronger than most people I play. And then again, you Robert may be HUGE and ripped for all I know, and I will humbly concede my small stature... you hulk you... :)

chess9
12-20-2007, 01:42 AM
Yeah thats what I said, it was no big deal, you didnt flame, lol.

That was nice of you to vote for me, I will give you mine as well then haha.

Although big/little is relative, I found what you said interesting! And at least for tennis, I dont consider myself small. Im about 6'1", 175 pounds, and I consider myself to be physically stronger than most people I play. And then again, you Robert may be HUGE and ripped for all I know, and I will humbly concede my small stature... you hulk you... :)

Oops, it must have been the camera angle, Tony. I'm actually only 6' tall, so you are larger. I thought you were about 5'8" tall or so. Great movement for a larger guy!

-Robert

diredesire
12-20-2007, 02:04 AM
hard to choose between chess9 and peter. I like both! I don't normally vote in these, but alas, curiosity got the best of me.

Andres
12-20-2007, 04:21 AM
Shouldn't the DEFENDING CHAMPION (a.k.a. ME) be in the poll too? :D

chess9
12-20-2007, 04:44 AM
Shouldn't the DEFENDING CHAMPION (a.k.a. ME) be in the poll too? :D

Yes, you should be, and you are also one of the funniest. You are also a very talented singer/songwriter, but most people here don't know that side of you.

Happy Holidays, to our South American amigos/amigas.

-Robert

Dedans Penthouse
12-20-2007, 05:32 AM
***coughs****I nominated my Beloved for many honors...
We are fraternal in that regard (your 4th vote was courtesy of you know who). Now I'm off to try and turn a (humorous) "firehose" on the catfight that's been simmering in the "Best Female" thread. Warmest regards, Queen of Diamonds.

lude popper
12-20-2007, 10:41 PM
chess9. no contest.