PDA

View Full Version : where do you get your money for tennis stuff?

blitzmage_89
12-19-2007, 04:59 AM
I get mine from my allowance :)

though believe me $20 a week is very hard considering $6 goes to my weekly tennis lesson

takl23
12-19-2007, 05:17 AM
I usually sell an organ or two if I need a new frame.

Cheers,

Tim

Spatula
12-19-2007, 05:22 AM
I work full time so buying what I need/want is not a problem, but I take it your still in school. When I was your age (pre-job) I got an allowance, worked for neighbors (cut lawn, raked leaves, washed cars, snow blowing, shoveling, etc...)

So I'm sure you could find ways to make more money if you wanted and had the desire/work ethic too. Money is out there for the taking.

blitzmage_89
12-19-2007, 11:31 PM
well i dont live in the US so part time is out of the question. Here , there's no such thing as a part time work , only full time or no time :))

SoBad
12-19-2007, 11:33 PM
Where do you live?

BreakPoint
12-19-2007, 11:37 PM
I get my money from an ATM. :)

PimpMyGame
12-19-2007, 11:55 PM
Years of graft and studying for professional exams should mean that I can buy several new frames a week. However, a wife comes along followed swiftly by a mortgage then two children. Now I can only afford one new frame a week:(

tzinc
12-20-2007, 12:04 AM
Eating is overrated ;)

Moz
12-20-2007, 01:35 AM
I'm in adult films.

Topaz
12-20-2007, 02:53 AM
I'm in adult films.

I *knew* you looked familiar!!! :)

Rickson
12-20-2007, 04:48 AM
where do you get your money for tennis stuff?

I get my money the old fashioned way, I earn it. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y92m0IzodNo)

Dedans Penthouse
12-20-2007, 05:23 AM
from turning tricks

caesar66
12-20-2007, 05:55 AM
I work my tail off between part time maintenance jobs and an assistanceship with the University of Georgia

Andres
12-20-2007, 05:58 AM
Sperm donations.

Rickson
12-20-2007, 06:01 AM
from turning tricks

Leave those desperate housewives alone!

origmarm
12-20-2007, 06:03 AM
Work...
Its a joy

Rickson
12-20-2007, 06:09 AM
Work...
Its a joy

De ownt foh get about tea time at pree cisely faw, good suh.

slice bh compliment
12-20-2007, 06:14 AM
Sperm donations.

That explains it. I spoke at a school in a predominantly lesbian neighborhood and at least half the kids looked exactly like you, Andres.

richw76
12-20-2007, 06:16 AM
During College, Plasma Donation, and sperm donation.

Andres
12-20-2007, 06:27 AM
That explains it. I spoke at a school in a predominantly lesbian neighborhood and at least half the kids looked exactly like you, Andres.
What can I say, slicey? I was one of the most requested subjects! :D

origmarm
12-20-2007, 06:48 AM
De ownt foh get about tea time at pree cisely faw, good suh.

Only 12 minutes to go squire, you are of course invited, but only if you promise not to wrestle me, we're genteel don't you know. Christmas bonus milky tea is on me

Rickson
12-20-2007, 07:01 AM
Only 12 minutes to go squire, you are of course invited, but only if you promise not to wrestle me, we're genteel don't you know. Christmas bonus milky tea is on me

I won't wrestle you, but I might bring some pork chops to go with the tea.

diegaa
12-20-2007, 07:02 AM
i look for coins at metro stations floors.

Rickson
12-20-2007, 07:10 AM
we're genteel don't you know.

I'm not jewish either.

origmarm
12-20-2007, 07:28 AM
I won't wrestle you, but I might bring some pork chops to go with the tea.

Bacon sarnies over here grappling gentile. Though I would settle for some pork chops if you're bringing. I defo need the tea today, its pretty much the last day before xmas so we had a three hour lunch. Think I might just leave and go down the pub

Rickson
12-20-2007, 07:47 AM
Think I might just leave and go down the pub

Cheers, mate.

35ft6
12-20-2007, 08:02 AM
I get my money by running a sperm bank.

origmarm
12-20-2007, 08:17 AM
Cheers, mate.

Indeed. Guinness tonight I feel. 4 for tea, 5 for a pint. Bonsoir

Rob

SFrazeur
12-20-2007, 08:39 AM
I get mine from my allowance :)

though believe me $20 a week is very hard considering $6 goes to my weekly tennis lesson

$20? A week? Tell me you're not complaining. What do you do for it?

I got $5. If I wanted more I had to mow the front and back yard. As well as a 200 ft. long 5ft.deep piece of land across the street and I had to weedwack the edges of everything. Then I got another $5. Which considering I knew a family that had eight kids, where when they turned 14 they had to get jobs to support the family. The family originated of Europe. I never complained about my $5-10 a week, because it was mine to spend on things that were fun, not food for the family.

Even if you live in New York, or California where the cost of living is incredibly high, and $20 is not that much, you have no reason to say that any part of it is "very hard." Just as I didn't.

-SF

Babb
12-20-2007, 10:01 AM
Let's see. I can afford my own stuff during the summer by mowing lawns. In the fall/winter, I research for hours on end hoping that I'll get what I want for Christmas.

slice bh compliment
12-20-2007, 10:25 AM
I did that in junior high and HS whenever I was not playing tennis or in school or something. I also did a lot of racquet stringing (for a pro shop)and a ton of gruntwork for a landscaper.

It's funny, I was worried the non-tennis activities might take away form my tennis progress, but the landscape work and the handmowing did a lot for me in terms of character and upper-body strength. It's probably better than freeweights, since there is an element of agility to it.

richw76
12-20-2007, 10:29 AM
I get my money by running a sperm bank.
Does anyone remember that guy, he ran a "Genius" sperm bank. He was just giving out his stuff. The moms thought they were getting Olympian nobel prize winning stuff. Ended up with a smart red head with glasses and 20 food allergies. :-)
$20? A week? Tell me you're not complaining. What do you do for it?

I got $5. If I wanted more I had to mow the front and back yard. As well as a 200 ft. long 5ft.deep piece of land across the street and I had to weedwack the edges of everything. Then I got another $5. Which considering I knew a family that had eight kids, where when they turned 14 they had to get jobs to support the family. The family originated of Europe. I never complained about my $5-10 a week, because it was mine to spend on things that were fun, not food for the family.

Even if you live in New York, or California where the cost of living is incredibly high, and $20 is not that much, you have no reason to say that any part of it is "very hard." Just as I didn't.

-SF

I got $3 a week. When I was 15 I was able to find part time jobs during the summer. My parents paid for the basics, but if I wanted a new racket or $120 timberland boots or something I had to wait and save. :-)

Not to be harsh but if you're over 14 you can walk dogs or mow loans, or whatever. In my area Pro lawn care is about 50$+, my buddies teenager does it for 20-30$ a lawn since he has no over head he makes plenty for spending money and school stuff. ;-)

richw76
12-20-2007, 10:32 AM
I did that in junior high and HS whenever I was not playing tennis or in school or something. I also did a lot of racquet stringing (for a pro shop)and a ton of gruntwork for a landscaper.

It's funny, I was worried the non-tennis activities might take away form my tennis progress, but the landscape work and the handmowing did a lot for me in terms of character and upper-body strength. It's probably better than freeweights, since there is an element of agility to it.

:-) So true, A buddy of mine used to work for a moving company. I can lift more than him in the gym, but his core and grip strength is sick, and he's strong as an ox. I helped him move his sister a few moths ago, and he could handle stuff by himself that I couldn't do with help.

slice bh compliment
12-20-2007, 10:56 AM
Hhaha, in college, even though I had a scholarship and free sticks and shoes, I needed spending money so I taught a little tennis and strung for a club nearby.

In January, things were slow, so I took a weekend gig as a 'helper' for an apartment moving company that paid cash. I learned a lot from the big, experienced dudes. Not just about driving, but about lifting, packing and balancing.

There is no substitute for the real thing. Blue collar work, man.