PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Warehouse- Australia, SYDNEY Chapter!!!

HyperHorse
12-19-2007, 01:04 PM
Greetings Sydneysiders...
Let's all get together and be merry and have parties/bbqs/other social activities and of course TENNIS!!!!
Melbournians will have to set up their own chapter, i'm sorry but unfortunately in the 21st century teleport travel isn't available yet...
I'd like to have our first meeting sometime in January cause im sure too many people are busy with christmas/family stuff.
So c'mon OrangeOne/others...
Let's DO IT!!!!

If anyone wants to come from Country NSW/Interstate/Overseas,
that's fine but this chapter is intended PRIMARILY for Sydneysiders..

So, somebody, anybody... can we agree on a venue/meeting place?

drakulie
12-19-2007, 04:41 PM
Hyper, I thought there was one guy who stated in your other thread he would be willing to meet up??

Good luck with starting the chapter.

LanEvo
12-19-2007, 05:20 PM
i would join but i dont live in sydney sry

chiapants226
12-19-2007, 06:05 PM
sydney is overrated. melbourne is the place to be :D

hoons
12-19-2007, 07:29 PM
Im a proud sydneysider. Boy does Sydney sure kick melbournes butt :) Where abouts are you Hyper?

HyperHorse
12-19-2007, 07:31 PM
Wooohooo!!!
Im on the southside but willing to play anywhere...
Feel free to add me to msn...

HyperHorse
12-20-2007, 02:44 PM
So what does everyone like to drink?

Tempest344
12-23-2007, 05:32 AM
Wooohooo!!!
Im on the southside but willing to play anywhere...
Feel free to add me to msn...

southside??

I'm opposite right up on the northside

HyperHorse
12-23-2007, 05:45 AM
southside??

I'm opposite right up on the northside

Well, you want to play?
Where do u want to play?
email me.
i.like.red.dwarf@gmail.com

Moz
12-23-2007, 05:35 PM
I'm on the the opposite side of the world but am considering a trip for a few weeks. I'd like to play some tournaments - can you post a link to a tournament schedule in the NSW / Sydney area?

Thanks in advance.

LanEvo
12-23-2007, 09:43 PM
So what does everyone like to drink?

i like to drink water

OrangeOne
12-23-2007, 09:52 PM
I'm on the the opposite side of the world but am considering a trip for a few weeks. I'd like to play some tournaments - can you post a link to a tournament schedule in the NSW / Sydney area?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.tennisnsw.com.au/
http://www.tennisresults.com.au/

Moz
12-24-2007, 03:51 AM
http://www.tennisnsw.com.au/
http://www.tennisresults.com.au/

Thanks very much.

daddy.dirtsurfer
12-24-2007, 03:14 PM
Alrighty Hyperhouse...might ask my friends about this.

hoons
12-24-2007, 11:32 PM
Hells yeah, we're getting a little bit of a gathering going here. Sorry i haven't replied, been away for the holidays. I'm in the inner-west sorta area. We should post what sorta level we play at too, that might help. I reckon i'm a 4.5ish sorta player - but easily intimidated :)

HyperHorse
12-24-2007, 11:37 PM
I'm really itching to play since i got my Yonex strung up...
I wish this cold weather would GO AWAY!!!
I feel like we're back in June or something...
THIS IS NOT SUMMER ARGH!!!
I'm probably around the same as you, Toons..
But a little rusty..

HyperHorse
12-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Another bump/update..
Doesn't it drive u nuts when you remember some girl that you used to flirt with but totally screwed it up with in high school?
Well I've been going thru this ever since i found this girl on Facebook.
Tracked her down and spoke to her mother (i think) left name and phone number...
Waiting on phone call...
ARGH!!!

Rickson
12-26-2007, 01:09 PM
Hyper, let me give you some advice in all seriousness. Don't wait around for the phone call. If this girl hasn't seen you in years, she probably won't call anyway because she may not remember you. There's no need to stress over something as petty as a phone call. If she calls, then great, take it from there. If not, don't stress, it's simply not worth it.

HyperHorse
12-26-2007, 01:19 PM
Um.. thanks Rickson...
At least i got to hear something supportive from you...
Anyone going to the Medibank International?
$20 access for show courts?!?!?!? WOOHOO!!!!
I know I'll be there a few days...
Who wants to meet up?

Rickson
12-26-2007, 01:29 PM
Um.. thanks Rickson...
At least i got to hear something supportive from you...

Well, come on. If there's one thing I know, it's women. ;)

zapvor
12-26-2007, 02:44 PM
outstanding to see you starting a chapter way out there. post some pics after the meets! the AO is coming up too.

HyperHorse
12-26-2007, 02:53 PM
I won't be going to the AO... :-(
Maybe next yr....

zapvor
12-26-2007, 02:55 PM
aw, why not mate

HyperHorse
12-26-2007, 03:06 PM
Hyper, let me give you some advice in all seriousness. Don't wait around for the phone call. If this girl hasn't seen you in years, she probably won't call anyway because she may not remember you. There's no need to stress over something as petty as a phone call. If she calls, then great, take it from there. If not, don't stress, it's simply not worth it.

After thinking about this, I'd bet that she would remember me...
After she broke my heart after i worked up the courage to ask her out in yr 9, she started to flirt with me again a year later or so...
Then in Yr 11 she asked if I could forgive her and if we could go out.. and i refused, out of pride...
The regrets of a wasted youth...
*sigh*

Rickson
12-26-2007, 03:14 PM
After thinking about this, I'd bet that she would remember me...
After she broke my heart after i worked up the courage to ask her out in yr 9, she started to flirt with me again a year later or so...
Then in Yr 11 she asked if I could forgive her and if we could go out.. and i refused, out of pride...
The regrets of a wasted youth...
*sigh*

How do you know she's not married by now? So many things could have happened since then. With so much time having passed, don't you think it's time to give someone else a try? As the farmers say, don't put all your eggs in one basket.

HyperHorse
12-26-2007, 03:27 PM
I've found some recent photos of her on the web.
She is rather skinny, no way she has had children...

Rickson
12-26-2007, 03:32 PM
I've found some recent photos of her on the web.
She is rather skinny, no way she has had children...

Skinny chicks couldn't have had children? Come on, dude. How long has it been exactly? The reason you don't want to get hung up on any 1 chick is because she might have hooked up with someone else, she might not feel anything for you anymore, or she has other interests (career). The more time that's passed, the less of a chance you have so keep that in mind.

HyperHorse
12-26-2007, 03:53 PM
outstanding to see you starting a chapter way out there. post some pics after the meets! the AO is coming up too.

Hey i added you to msn!!

Anyway i guess all the Sydney people are MIA on holiday until the new year...
So I probably won't get a hit until sometime next week...
*waits*

HyperHorse
12-27-2007, 09:18 PM
Well I'm pleased to announce that Daddy.dirtsurfer and I shall be having a hit next Sunday the 6th of January..
If anyone else wants to come along, just add me to msn and i shall give u the details..
Either that or email me.

hoons
12-27-2007, 10:10 PM
thats sounds cool. adding you now.....

HyperHorse
12-28-2007, 12:42 AM
thats sounds cool. adding you now.....

Didn't see you add me...
My email address is not the same as my msn address....
Click on my profile.

HyperHorse
12-30-2007, 02:34 PM
*BUMP*
Come on Sydneysiders...
I know there are more of you out there!!!!

HyperHorse
01-03-2008, 02:15 AM
Just letting everyone know Hoons will also be coming along...
Just later in the day, daddy.dirtsurfer and i shall be hitting in the morning...
Got 4 cans of balls, woohoo!!
ITS TIME TO PARTY!!!

garbage
01-03-2008, 08:37 PM
Wouldn't mind a hit, but the weekend is just too busy for me! :(

daddy.dirtsurfer
01-04-2008, 01:30 PM
Hey garbage,

We can organise a date and time for the weekend next time. Happy new year! Sorry I haven't been in touch with you since Melbourne.

HyperHorse
01-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Yes well I had a hit with daddy.dirtsurfer and hoons...
Both seperately since dirtysurfer had to do stuff in the afternoon..
Was pretty humid, then it just got hot and humid..
Was about 30degrees C and at least 90% humidity...
Drank about 2 litres of water and didn't go to the toilet until some time later...
So it was a challenging day after not playing for almost a year.
I played pretty average/rusty, thanks guys for the practise.
Hoons and i practised and also played a rather... uneventful practise set.
Now i just need to work out a plan/path to get back to my old self...

idioteque
01-08-2008, 12:57 AM
Good to see there's a Sydney chapter starting up, I'm in the Inner West myself, around Leichhardt. I'm off to Melbourne in a week so I'll definitely pay more attention to happenings here when i get back.

HyperHorse
01-08-2008, 02:47 AM
Good to see there's a Sydney chapter starting up, I'm in the Inner West myself, around Leichhardt. I'm off to Melbourne in a week so I'll definitely pay more attention to happenings here when i get back.

Woohoo!! Another person!!!
So where do you play, and what are the courts like there???
Looking forward to the next meetup...

idioteque
01-08-2008, 04:35 AM
I usually go to Haberfield Tennis Centre, they have about 10 synthetic grass courts there that are in pretty good shape. Every now and then my friend and I splurge and go out to the Olympic Centre courts for a hit.
I'm glad there's some meetups being organised around these parts finally, I'll do my best to get to them as often as possible, good times ahead!

HyperHorse
01-09-2008, 05:22 PM
I usually go to Haberfield Tennis Centre, they have about 10 synthetic grass courts there that are in pretty good shape. Every now and then my friend and I splurge and go out to the Olympic Centre courts for a hit.
I'm glad there's some meetups being organised around these parts finally, I'll do my best to get to them as often as possible, good times ahead!

How much is court hire, sir?
Who is up for a get together at this venue?

basiljunk
01-09-2008, 07:22 PM
I may as well make my first post my official application for membership. I'm up in the social/tennis wasteland that is the North Shore.

bertrevert
01-09-2008, 08:17 PM
You'll play at Olympic Park?

This "Head Twilight" series played at the venue proved popular last year and I hope to enter this year:
http://www.tennis.com.au/context/Library/image.aspx?assetid=RDM39434.3835414815&versionno=1

bertrevert
01-09-2008, 08:19 PM
I may as well make my first post my official application for membership. I'm up in the social/tennis wasteland that is the North Shore.

Eh? Social = Newport Arms / tennis = NSTA heh heh :shock:

Tpro
01-10-2008, 04:37 AM
Woot Sydney!!! Yeh!! I'm in the lower North Shore area and it is a real social tennis area with very very few serious players. I go to uni really really far away though so i'm only here during uni breaks. On the bright side. There is an indoor tennis centre near my uni and its a really nice place with good players and the indoor courts are sorta a novelty in the metro sydney region. It does get really cold though in rural NSW which is a pain :cry:.

HyperHorse
01-10-2008, 06:10 AM
HEY!!!
Welcome new people!!!
So.. where does everyone play at?
Looking for some regular social tennis for some decent practise...
Maybe when we get enough numbers we can settle on a venue and have our own social tennis get together...

basiljunk
01-10-2008, 01:30 PM
I've never really strayed too far from the courts that are just over the road from my house, up here in Hornsby.
I'd be willing to travel for a decent hit, though. I'm so sick of this crappy synthetic turf/sand surface that all the courts around here have.

bertrevert
01-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Hey TPro, me lower north shore as well. Indoor tennis in the country? Wow that does sound kind of unusual, why indoors out there? (wherever there is)

Hey Basiljunk - Tood Woodbridge hates artificial grass, but it's what we all have to play on isn't it, I agree with you 100% and don't think it's actually any good for developing anyone's game but it's all we have isn't it??? Yeah Hornsby isn't a dynamo still at least its' affordable...

Tpro
01-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Yeh I thought indoor courts in the country were pointless too until winter came and frost and ice were everywhere in the morning and it gets crazily cold. Now I can see why the Americans have so many indoor courts in comparison to us.

And I agree with the synthetic grass being terrible but it really is all we have around here. I would prefer a legitimate hard court or clay court over them any day of the week being the baseliner I am. The other thing about the synthetic grass courts is that all of them seem to play at different speeds. I've played on one that was so fast it felt like grass (there are grass courts in a centre near my place but its kind of a novelty) and another that was slow and the ball bounced quite high so you really dont know what to expect until you actually start playing on it.

OrangeOne
01-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Hey TPro, me lower north shore as well. Indoor tennis in the country? Wow that does sound kind of unusual, why indoors out there? (wherever there is)

Hey Basiljunk - Tood Woodbridge hates artificial grass, but it's what we all have to play on isn't it, I agree with you 100% and don't think it's actually any good for developing anyone's game but it's all we have isn't it??? Yeah Hornsby isn't a dynamo still at least its' affordable...

Artificial grass...

Doesn't take spin well
Is (usually) too fast to help people learn to construct a point
Doesn't provide good grip
Wears unevenly
Is often installed poorly / maintained poorly so it bunches or lumps or rips
Is bad if you fall on it (often burns you instead of just scraping)
Has inconsistent bounce
Is annoying due to the sand
Absorbs sound
Is inconsistent to slide on... it's solitary good point, is that if it's installed well...

it drains well after rain, and is playable sooner than 'most any other surface. I hate the stuff, and yet I too spend my life playing on it, as we all know, almost every court in greater sydney is covered in it!

HyperHorse
01-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Well... You guys haven't come across the newer brands of synthetic grass?
Evergreen is pretty good, not sure where they're using it...
But the courts@ Primrose Park in Neutral Bay are pretty good..
Fast, take to slice well, low bounce..good grip..
Courts@Moore Park look similiar too.

Tempest344
01-11-2008, 06:18 AM
yep I've played at Moore Park

very good courts compared to the usual

lol anyone ever had to play at Tennis World North Ryde?
if you have well...............enough said I think

garbage
01-11-2008, 10:58 AM

Yep, I play there. The guys that run the courts only have one year leases on the courts, so there's no incentive to keep the courts in good nick.

HyperHorse
01-11-2008, 10:43 PM
yep I've played at Moore Park

very good courts compared to the usual

Who's up for a hit @ Moore Park?

Vin2
01-12-2008, 01:32 AM
Yeah.... I usually play at Moore Park :D

HyperHorse
01-13-2008, 05:04 AM
So where are we going to have a grand meet up with everyone?

Soundog
01-13-2008, 05:21 PM
I'm out at Parra. The courts there used to be woeful. They've re-surfaced a few now and put in a few new lights so they aren't so bad now. There are 3 clay type courts as well which aren't too bad. Better than loam, but not as good as real clay.

The Haberfield courts are the best synthetic grass I've played on and I found the Moore park courts to be pretty good too.

HyperHorse
01-16-2008, 12:30 PM
*BUMP*
First time I've had to do this in a while...

HyperHorse
01-21-2008, 12:07 AM
Hey People...
There are midnight movie marathons running@ Greater Union next Sunday because of Australia Day..
Anyone interested in a meet up?

onkystomper
01-21-2008, 04:35 PM
Hey, i am in North Bondi for a while. Would like to meet for a hit or whatever. Play at the only courts in Bondi i could find but again Synthetic Grass. Not loving it. Willing to travel elsewhere if there are some better courts!!

HyperHorse
02-24-2008, 05:47 PM
I'm done promoting a lost cause.
If no1 here wants to meet up for tennis...
Fine. Seems like no1 is intent on setting up a time & date to meet @ any venue.
I'm out.

Vin2
02-26-2008, 03:58 AM
hey... as the group leader you should set the date, time, and place and we'll rock up... :D

I'm more than happy to learn a few things from you guys

davidw89
03-12-2008, 04:24 AM
hey guys i am from Kogarah, which is in the st george illawara region..where are you guys located?
Since i cant message anyone, could someone introduce me to a club nearby me or furthur since i can drive.

Anyhow, where do you guys normally play? Are your courts free? Rock up with a couple of mates and play? Is there any social tennis age group 18-20ish who plays tennis?

davidw89
03-12-2008, 04:51 AM
um HyperHorse, i'd be interested. I think we should get everyone's mobile/contact details and ask them in person if they want to meet up.

HyperHorse
03-22-2008, 09:23 PM
Well, just thought I'd post for the first time in ages..
Been applying for jobs pretty much non stop for 3 weeks now,
and got a job offer at an online business that find cars for people.
Starting Tuesday, so I'm quite excited about that...
If all goes well I should be able to start playing tennis again and leading a real life.
I'll post in this thread again with updates...
So... watch this space...

Soundog
03-24-2008, 05:33 AM
Good luck with the new job hyperhorse. I hope it goes well for you.:)

HyperHorse
04-02-2008, 08:54 PM
Just heard back from another job I applied for..
An IT apprenticeship in Chatswood..
Had some phone interviews and looks like I'll be starting the new job next week.
Reference checks pending so...
I'M EXCITED!!!!! And no working on the weekend too!

chiapants226
04-02-2008, 10:34 PM
haha i went to sydney a few weeks ago!!! i couldnt get over sydneys double decker trains. WOWOWOWOW double decker!!! we went for a school sports thing against north sydney boys high school, (i played tennis of course :p) and we stayed with guys from the school, and i got on the train on the weekend to go to the city, and i was AMAZED with double decker trains. i mean WOW!!! DOUBLE DECKER TRAINS!!! and the seats moved too!!! THAT WAS AMAZING!!! so if you were sitting near a hot chick, you could move your seat to face her, and the opposite if she was ugly!!! thats my favourite part about sydney. double decker trains. i mean, just wow.
oh and your bridge and that opera house thing is pretty cool too. i saw those things. but the trains is the best part about sydney. better than melbourne trains :p

aimr75
04-02-2008, 10:40 PM
haha i went to sydney a few weeks ago!!! i couldnt get over sydneys double decker trains. WOWOWOWOW double decker!!! we went for a school sports thing against north sydney boys high school, (i played tennis of course :p) and we stayed with guys from the school, and i got on the train on the weekend to go to the city, and i was AMAZED with double decker trains. i mean WOW!!! DOUBLE DECKER TRAINS!!! and the seats moved too!!! THAT WAS AMAZING!!! so if you were sitting near a hot chick, you could move your seat to face her, and the opposite if she was ugly!!! thats my favourite part about sydney. double decker trains. i mean, just wow.
oh and your bridge and that opera house thing is pretty cool too. i saw those things. but the trains is the best part about sydney. better than melbourne trains :p

doesnt take too much to impress you i gather :lol:
________
FERRARI 328 HISTORY (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Ferrari_328)

aimr75
04-02-2008, 10:42 PM
they can have their double deckers, and harbour, melbourne is the place to be :)
________
JUGALETTES (http://juggalos.org/)

chiapants226
04-02-2008, 10:44 PM
they can have their double deckers, and harbour, melbourne is the place to be :)

lol i do agree that melbourne is the place to be, i stated it in the first page of this thread. melbourne would be perfect, if we gave sydney our ****** connex trains, and they gave us their double decker trains with moving seats. MOVING SEATS!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?!?!

chiapants226
04-02-2008, 10:46 PM
doesnt take too much to impress you i gather :lol:

and their double decker trains are AWESOME! i would go to sydney just to use their double decker trains and move the seats around.

lol when i was up their with my host from north sydney boys high me and my friends were amazed with the trains, like going from top level to bottom level and moving all the seats around :p people were looking at us weirdly, but us melbourners were fascinated by the amazing DOUBLE DECKER trains with MOVING SEATS!!! WOW!!! :D

aimr75
04-02-2008, 10:46 PM
:lol: you really love those trains
________
Daihatsu Fellow Max History (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Daihatsu_Fellow_Max)

chiapants226
04-02-2008, 10:48 PM
:lol: you really love those trains

the trains were the highlight of my trip to sydney, and im being serious. the trains are just so awesome.

garbage
04-02-2008, 11:32 PM
the trains were the highlight of my trip to sydney, and im being serious. the trains are just so awesome.

Dude, you have some serious thrill issues.

HyperHorse
04-03-2008, 04:36 AM
Dude, you have some serious thrill issues.
COME ON!!!
SYDNEY IS AWESOME!!!!!

chiapants226
04-03-2008, 04:54 AM
COME ON!!!
SYDNEY IS AWESOME!!!!!

no... sydney isnt awesome. sydney's DOUBLE DECKER TRAINS are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HyperHorse
04-05-2008, 02:40 AM
Well I'm starting my new IT job on Monday.
More fun and more money/career advancement.
I am filled with anticipation.
*dances wildly*

garfonkee
04-13-2008, 08:27 AM
Well, is this thread still active?

There's a free court near my house (I live in a townhouse), if anyone wants to hit with me contact me :D

HyperHorse
04-13-2008, 12:34 PM
Well, is this thread still active?

There's a free court near my house (I live in a townhouse), if anyone wants to hit with me contact me :D

Well, semi active..
Where abouts in Sydney are you?

garfonkee
04-13-2008, 05:15 PM
liberty grove, a townhouse close to concord west station, heh

I've only had serving practices lately because the people I can play with are all busy with uni.. as for me I'm in a very bludgy PhD

garbage
04-13-2008, 06:42 PM
liberty grove, a townhouse close to concord west station, heh

I've only had serving practices lately because the people I can play with are all busy with uni.. as for me I'm in a very bludgy PhD

I work in Rhodes, so might be able to have a lunch time hit. What level do you play?

garfonkee
04-14-2008, 04:47 AM
Well, maybe you can judge from my serves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGc8kHpqYZ4

Even though they look ok, they don't always come in. But I've only been practicing serves, my groundstrokes aren't as great :p

How much time could a lunch time give you to hit? Otherwise, my msn is afterhorizon (and add @hotmail.com at the end of it)

HyperHorse
04-14-2008, 06:56 PM
Anyone up for a session @ Moore Park?
Either this weekend or next weekend...
Garfonkee, added you to msn so i'll chat to you there and we'll organise something...

basiljunk
04-16-2008, 03:00 PM
I don't think any of us are ever going to play tennis again.
Damn you, rain! Could you just leave us alone for a few hours?

garfonkee
04-16-2008, 05:53 PM
yeah, weather kinda sucks this week. managed to sneak in some serve hitting though, but court was only 2 min walk from my house :D

where's the indoor courts in sydney?

basiljunk
04-16-2008, 07:30 PM
Do indoor courts even exist here? Certainly not anywhere near me. I don't even want to imagine how expensive they'd be, too.

We managed to get a match finished on Tuesday night, but only just. It's supposed to rain all through next week as well.

garfonkee
04-17-2008, 01:46 AM
Next week still raining? :(

I just got a new racquet, O3 tour MS, and the guy at the shop was telling me that he'd only seen about 2 indoor courts ever in sydney, and the both went bankrupt or something :/ And apparently that's because sydney is supposed to be rainless (usually)

I wonder how expensive rain covers would be.. I don't see a lot of them around.

esm
04-17-2008, 11:38 AM
anything happening i a couple of weeks time?
I will be back in Sydney for a couple of weeks, and would love to have a hit or two.
Havent touched my racquets since Jan this year, so it'd be interesting.

I will be at mum and dad's in inner west, and still have my cars, so should be okay to travel.

Now I need to remember where my spare racquet is in Sydney?!??

garfonkee
04-18-2008, 05:03 AM
Inner west! Close to concord west by any chance? Maybe we can have a hit. Though my relatives are coming soon to my graduation so maybe in 3-4 weeks..

esm
04-18-2008, 05:34 AM
Inner west! Close to concord west by any chance? Maybe we can have a hit.
yes, quite close.
let me know your schedule and im sure we can work around it.
it'd most likely to be early morning or late afternoon-ish though....

jman
04-18-2008, 07:43 AM
Does anyone know of any indoor courts around Sydney??

garfonkee
04-20-2008, 07:31 AM
yes, quite close.
let me know your schedule and im sure we can work around it.
it'd most likely to be early morning or late afternoon-ish though....
Do you use msn? afterhorizon@hotmail.com

I'm available most of the days in the week, and there's a free tennis court as I live in a complex.. need to book if planning to play in the afternoon though

jman: doubt you'll find much.. I was told there's one in orange, but that's 4 hours drive away..

esm
04-21-2008, 09:41 AM
Do you use msn? afterhorizon@hotmail.com

I'm available most of the days in the week, and there's a free tennis court as I live in a complex.. need to book if planning to play in the afternoon though

jman: doubt you'll find much.. I was told there's one in orange, but that's 4 hours drive away..

no, i dont use msn.
we will have to do it through PM i'm afraid...
i will be in touch when i get back to sydney (end of next week-ish).

hope we get more people to join. wouldnt mind palying a coupe of doubles.

garfonkee
04-21-2008, 02:31 PM
Don't know if there's any PM capability in this boards tho :o or maybe it's reserved to people with names that aren't green?

Vin2
04-21-2008, 04:56 PM
just organise it here... i'm in for it!! i can travel qite easily around sydney... i can't do sundays though...

you guys rock! this thread is alive again :)

jman
04-25-2008, 03:18 PM
Hey guys, does anyone know of any clay courts around Sydney?? The whole clay season has got me pumped to practice on clay!!!

Tempest344
04-25-2008, 10:56 PM
Hey guys, does anyone know of any clay courts around Sydney?? The whole clay season has got me pumped to practice on clay!!!

there is one at Macquaire Uni
but good luck renting it out
its always been locked up whenever I've been there
I've heard Hewitt practices there though

only other one I know of is at Tennis World North Ryde
but I wouldn't even call that a court...terrible in one word

Soundog
04-25-2008, 10:56 PM
There are clay courts at Parramatta - Barton Park. Barton St - North East end of Parrramatta. After all the rain, they probably won't be playable for a few days, and you might want to check with the club house if they are still hiring them out and for how much. ph 02 9683 1703.

They are made of crushed tilesa dn they're not bad, but they are not as good as real european clay. They are slow and the ball sits up, but the footing and firmness is not as good as a well maintained and watered european clay court. Also the bounce is not as consistent.

tennis-13579
05-04-2008, 03:46 AM
i am selling 3 tecnifibre 320 that are 16* 4 3/8 and good condition the reason i selling is becasue i want 4 1/4 by the way i live in sydney

HyperHorse
07-07-2008, 12:25 PM
I have found a couple of free tennis courts and they're not in crappy condition.
Email me if you want to meet up for a session.

MAXXply
07-07-2008, 05:23 PM
Perhaps of more benefit to us, as T-W Aust's Sydney chapter is to set-up an informal T-W BUYING GROUP for us Sydneysiders.

If enough of us get together and centralise our large T-W order, hopefully it may reduce shipping charges and customs hassles...think of the group discounts...?! For collection/payment we could all get together for a hit...

Naive ? Ambitious ? Just a thought...especially when you've thought about buying just one or two items but didn't want any freight hassles...

HyperHorse
07-08-2008, 07:39 AM
Sounds like an idea....

deme08
07-19-2008, 09:17 AM
Hi guys, do you know if there is any tennis shops that has swingweight machine (like Babolat RDC) in Sydney?

Cheers

HyperHorse
07-19-2008, 08:14 PM
Strungout in Rushcutters Bay have one, as I'm sure Top Serve @ Burwood do as well.
Why do you need to use one?

Update: Lost the job that i started in April 2 weeks after i started. Was told "i'm not the right person for the job". Was too depressed/angry to post about it.
Starting a IT course by correspondence, thru OTEN. Since that recruiter that got me the job in Chatswood has done nothing.

deme08
07-19-2008, 11:29 PM
Strungout in Rushcutters Bay have one, as I'm sure Top Serve @ Burwood do as well.
Why do you need to use one?

Update: Lost the job that i started in April 2 weeks after i started. Was told "i'm not the right person for the job". Was too depressed/angry to post about it.
Starting a IT course by correspondence, thru OTEN. Since that recruiter that got me the job in Chatswood has done nothing.

Great thanks for the info! I'm trying match two of my racquets as they have difference weight stock (TT warrior mp). Hopefully they don't charge too much for using the machine.

client
02-09-2009, 11:21 PM
Where are the indoor courts located?

Tempest344
02-10-2009, 01:07 PM
There is one in Newcastle at a place called Howzat
I occasionally work there

I think there is one other place in Sydney that has Indoor courts..somewhere out west i think