PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Aero Storm Plus?

Don II
12-23-2007, 11:53 PM
I'm just wondering if you have any info on whether there's going to be a "plus" version of the Aero Storm? All their high-end racquets have one, ie Pure Drive, Pure Storm, AeroPro Drive, and even the discontinued AeroPro Control and Pure Control. I just assumed the Aero Storm would have a "plus" version too. Is there going to be one?

SFrazeur
12-25-2007, 05:24 PM
I would like to see one but I do not think there will be one. The Pure Storm TEAM did not have an extended version as I recall. The new Pure Storm does not have one either, but the Tour version does. Here's hoping they will, but he signs point to negative.

-SF

LPShanet
03-06-2008, 04:26 PM
I'm just wondering if you have any info on whether there's going to be a "plus" version of the Aero Storm? All their high-end racquets have one, ie Pure Drive, Pure Storm, AeroPro Drive, and even the discontinued AeroPro Control and Pure Control. I just assumed the Aero Storm would have a "plus" version too. Is there going to be one?

I'll have to agree with SFrazeur. Typically, Babolat doesn't add "plus" versions later into the production run...if there's going to be one, they usually offer it right from the start. Despite the many consumer requests for a "plus" version of the regular Storm, they didn't do one, so it's unlikely that they'll do one for the aerostorm. It's a major shame, since it would have a lot of potential, and quite a bit of appeal to high level players. (In my opinion, the Aerostorm plays more like the old Pure Control than the Pure Storm Tour does, and former PC+ users would do well with an Aerostorm +....oh well.)

SFrazeur
03-06-2008, 04:33 PM
I was curious if babolat for the new, lighter, Aero Storm were going to meet the difference and have it be 27.25. They aren't. Not that I was expecting it, I just thought it would be an interesting choice. At lest there is a plus version of the Pure Storm Tour for people. myself I like the option of having an extra half inch. There are those who say that people can just hold the racquet lower. Well, I already hold the racquet lower. I grew up with extended and stiff racquets, that's what I like.

-SF

racquet_jedi
03-07-2008, 12:04 PM
I was curious if babolat for the new, lighter, Aero Storm were going to meet the difference and have it be 27.25. They aren't. Not that I was expecting it, I just thought it would be an interesting choice. At lest there is a plus version of the Pure Storm Tour for people. myself I like the option of having an extra half inch. There are those who say that people can just hold the racquet lower. Well, I already hold the racquet lower. I grew up with extended and stiff racquets, that's what I like.

-SF

That's odd, I grew up with those kinds of sticks and that's also what I like...

Has Babolat ever created a 27.25 inch racquet? It seems that all of their plus racquets are 27.5 (my ideal "plus length").

SFrazeur
03-07-2008, 12:17 PM
That's odd, I grew up with those kinds of sticks and that's also what I like...

Has Babolat ever created a 27.25 inch racquet? It seems that all of their plus racquets are 27.5 (my ideal "plus length").

If they have had a .25 it's been on a OS, game improvement stick, aka granny stick.

A player likes what they know, and knows what they like. I grew up on Wilson Hammers stretches and then later Hyper Hammers stretches. Most sticks I used were 27.5, or 28. The first racquet I truly connected with was the Hyper Hammer 5.3 MP, 27.5 inches. The stiffness is 75, after being strung. So I am at home with the PDR+.

-SF

racquet_jedi
03-07-2008, 07:25 PM
I wonder why Babolat is releasing a new Aero Storm, something about the Pure Storm being a whole ounce lighter and the Aero Storm weighing as much as a Pure Storm Tour?

If they have had a .25 it's been on a OS, game improvement stick, aka granny stick.

A player likes what they know, and knows what they like. I grew up on Wilson Hammers stretches and then later Hyper Hammers stretches. Most sticks I used were 27.5, or 28. The first racquet I truly connected with was the Hyper Hammer 5.3 MP, 27.5 inches. The stiffness is 75, after being strung. So I am at home with the PDR+.

-SF

That right there is very odd, my first real racquet was the OS version of that racquet...

It was bread and butter with NXT in it, however, on my first restring, I strung it with full poly at 58 lbs...

I got tennis elbow after several monthes, something I did not experience at all with the original NXT string...