PDA

View Full Version : Super Smash

Kobble
03-20-2004, 07:17 PM
I have seen alot of players using this stuff at the mens open tournaments. Players like Kucera, Ferrer, Moodie and a few others seem to be stringing with it as well. How does it play compared to Polylast, and basic synthetics? Has anybody used it in a PC 600? If so, what was the experience like?

Gaines Hillix
03-21-2004, 04:11 AM
The problem with Super Smash is it's huge tension loss. For Pros, that's not a big deal because they can play one set with it and switch to a new racquet. But, that's not very practical for us even if one strings ones own racquets. Touch Turbo is even worse. I would recommend Kirsch Competition or Lux ALU Power instead.

borisboris
03-21-2004, 09:23 AM
:) 4 years ago I noticed UCLA Mens team using Kirsch SS. I have used it for as many yrs and loved the liveliness for the 1st 3-4 sets then it becomes a ball machine racquet then you have to klip the string because it morphs into concrete and your arm falls off. The TT is much much softer but lacks the crisp power of SS. I just put the SS into my Prince Equipe 95 @ 58lbs and played my best outdoor match of the yr!!