PDA

View Full Version : ****** out words.

J011yroger
01-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Mid.west and Para.gon are bad enough, but really is it necessary to **** out words like Men.ace and Rec.ruits???

I mean, seriously are they competitors or something?

Who even heard of them, I would guess 9/10 times people aren't talking about them.

A little silly I think. People are going to say what they are going to say, just a pain if you have no bad intentions and can't use the word you want.

J

babolat15
01-01-2008, 04:03 PM
^^seriously.^^

SFrazeur
01-01-2008, 04:05 PM
Blame the people who insist upon advertising competitors.

-SF

WBF
01-01-2008, 04:14 PM
It is certainly interesting. I completely understand the first, but given the common use of the second words in the english language, I find it perplexing that they are censored.

J011yroger
01-01-2008, 04:15 PM
Blame the people who insist upon advertising competitors.

-SF

Does this stop them?

No.

Does it inconvenience people who want to talk about playing in the ******* section of the USTA?

Yes.

TW Provides good products at fair prices and will match any competitors price, we all buy stuff from them.

making people say "The Big Auction Site" is silly.

If you want to stop people from advertising others ban them for two weeks for their first offence.

J

SFrazeur
01-01-2008, 05:14 PM
Does this stop them?

No.

Does it curb offenses? Yes. Do any laws or regulations stop all offenses? No. Should they be done away with because of that? Certainly not.

Does it inconvenience people who want to talk about playing in the ******* section of the USTA?

Yes.
How lazy are people that they cannot put a space between mid and west, mid west.

making people say "The Big Auction Site" is silly.
Many new products are sold there. It is competition. If people are typing out "Big Auction Site" so much that it is a bother then there are other problems.

If you want to stop people from advertising others ban them for two weeks for their first offence.
JI agree, not enough is done by the administrators early on. Quantity over quality is embraced. Sad.

-SF

Duzza
01-02-2008, 05:05 AM
Jo11y, let's get **** at them by ******** out lots of necessary *****.

Joeyg
01-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Not that there is anything wrong with that!

J011yroger
01-02-2008, 02:53 PM
Jo11y, let's get **** at them by ******** out lots of necessary *****.

That is a ***** idea!

J

El Diablo
01-03-2008, 08:54 AM
jolly
You sound like a guy who goes to someone's house for dinner and whines about the food. The host of this site filters names of competitors; how large an inconvenience exactly is this for you?

Tennis-Chris
01-03-2008, 09:15 AM
jolly
You sound like a guy who goes to someone's house for dinner and whines about the food. The host of this site filters names of competitors; how large an inconvenience exactly is this for you?

Agreed. Where I did see TW get goofy was on the Bhen.azir Bhutto thread - it would edit Bhe****r. I don't quite understand that one.

CAM178
01-03-2008, 09:25 AM
Don't know why, but my post in this thread got deleted. I just thought it really odd that the word re*cruit gets ****'d out by TW. I mean, how are you supposed to discuss college tennis and not be able to discuss re*cruiting? :confused: That doesn't make any sense.

TW Staff
01-03-2008, 09:27 AM
Deleted most likely because of the insensitive choice of one word, which would be offensive to some people. Not because of the actual content, such as your latest post.

Spencer, TW.

CAM178
01-03-2008, 09:30 AM
Deleted most likely because of the insensitive choice of one word, which would be offensive to some people. Not because of the actual content, such as your latest post.
Spencer, TW.
Ahh, gotcha. I know what that word was, too, I bet. We all toss it around so frequently, that I didn't think it would matter on here. I'm a bit surprised, based on some of the other things that are allowed on here. Oh well. Thanks for the explanation, though.

ananda
01-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Several of Ano's posts had asterisks all over. I had to google to find out that the starred word was rec.ruits. the reference was army recs.