PDA

View Full Version : speedport black or tour?

acetouchzero
01-03-2008, 03:26 PM
which is heavier and in your opinion better?

yaha21
01-03-2008, 03:56 PM
i'd say the black is a bit heavier but more good looking... the tour is good looking too.. hehehe.. not really helping here.. plus the black has that new technology thing that lets you switch ports or something like that.. demo them..

acetouchzero
01-03-2008, 04:02 PM
i'd say the black is a bit heavier but more good looking... the tour is good looking too.. hehehe.. not really helping here.. plus the black has that new technology thing that lets you switch ports or something like that.. demo them..

yah i tried the tour not the black. o well might as well stick with my vantage

soggyramen
01-03-2008, 04:30 PM
are you serious!? the black is not heavier than the tour. the tour is heavier by about half an oz to .7 oz's. the tour in my opinion is better. i played with my bros and the speedport inserts are good though lack feel. good power. little unstable sometimes. but some wicked control. was very surprised at the control

also they both have the speedport inserts

BabolatPower
01-03-2008, 05:03 PM
it depends on your level of play as well..

DrewRafter8
01-03-2008, 05:11 PM
I didn't care for the Tour, but everyone at the club I play at has been raving about the Black. I haven't cared to try it yet, but will because of the positive comments I've heard.

acetouchzero
01-03-2008, 07:19 PM
unstrung the black weighs more.

uncle sahostafact
01-03-2008, 07:21 PM
i would go with the black

matt.jc
01-03-2008, 07:24 PM
unstrung the black weighs more.:???: Both unstrung the tour weighs as much as the black strung. If you want to have a heavier more head light racquet go with the tour. The tour is also a better baseline racquet and the black is good at the net and serves are better so it is a good doubles stick.

TravelinMan
01-03-2008, 07:43 PM
Or, you can just buy both as I did. :)

Seriously, both are great racquets and its a matter of taste. The Tour is a little heavier but is more head light so they have a similar swing weight. I had some trouble controlling my shots with the Black but adding some lead to the head helped. For me the Black is the better server, the Tour better groundstrokes and returns, volleys I give a slight edge to the Tour. The Tour allows me to swing away, generate a ton of spin (top and slice), and keep the ball in play. I would also ignore the level of play concerns. I'm a 3-3.5 player but I could not keep a ball in the court with a Speedport Red or Blue, which are meant for my level. I would say don't be intimidated by a players stick, give them a try.

acetouchzero
01-03-2008, 09:20 PM
maybe the tour for me than, thanks.

Redflea
01-03-2008, 09:27 PM
The black was a much better racquet for me than the tour.

hawaiirgv
01-04-2008, 04:26 AM
I've played w/both... and prefer the tour. The black almost feels like a wilson to me. I believe it was built w/the bryan brothers in mind so it would make sense to feel somewhat like Wilson racquets in terms of feel.

User Name
01-04-2008, 07:30 AM
i think that you really have to try them, it seems rather hit or miss with people... some will love the black, some won't, but will love the tour. i recommend demoing them.

Cup8489
01-04-2008, 07:33 AM
as do i. but i myself prefer the tour, because im used to playing with player's sticks..even though all of prince's have been rather light off the shelf lately...

but that's what lead is for!

Katlion
01-04-2008, 07:35 AM
I don't know for sure, because I have not tried either racket myself, but from what I hear at my club, which has a lot of top juniors coming out of it, I hear that the Prince Speedport Black is better. I see almost all fo the best kids in the academy using it, so I think that it is better. Plus, since one of the girls, particularly, started using it, she has risen to #10 in the rankings. Before using it, she was around number 40 or so.