PDA

View Full Version : Babolat pure storm

Tempest344
01-03-2008, 06:14 PM
new coaching job and i gotta use a babolat

currently I am using a LiquidMetal Radical MP

I tried the Pure Drive W/C but it was way too stiff and not comfortable

should I go for a pure storm? from its specs its seems to be fairly similar to the Radical
i'll just have to try it

tennismaster888
01-03-2008, 06:45 PM
new coaching job and i gotta use a babolat

currently I am using a LiquidMetal Radical MP

I tried the Pure Drive W/C but it was way too stiff and not comfortable

should I go for a pure storm? from its specs its seems to be fairly similar to the Radical
i'll just have to try it

when it comes to babolat, the only stick id play with is the pure storm (tour, buts thats just cuz i like heavier). but the normal pure storm is probably just as good...

bertrevert
01-04-2008, 09:20 PM
Hey Tempest

You'll notice the grip change as soon as you leave Head but that's not too bad.

I went from the LM Rad to the Pure Storm 07 (standard). I didn't demo the Storm Tour.

Have you customised your Rad at all?

Anyway I had my LM weighted to 325g even balnce and I've done the same with the PS (stock it is too light), so I can tell you what the differences are:

PS has more ka-boom from it's mains. It delivers more spin. Typical Babolat DNA. Lighter in the hoop so I have lead at 3 and 9, and 12. Less control than the LM Rad. Less flaxy for sure but that's ok. Haven't quite got as big on serve yet but it returns serve real well. I haven't got quite the accuracy on my BH yet but I have got a bit more pop which is welcome. Off-forehands also have got a noticeable power bump.

To stay in-sync with your Rad get the Pure Storm 07 standard (add some lead) or Tour.

Other Babolats are going to be considerably different but I've only ever spent time with the Bab PD, the first version. Cheers

tzinc
01-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Demo an Aeropro Drive with Cortex while you're at it.

P8ntballa
01-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Pure Storm Tour is a very good frame feels diff from a radical but is by far the best babolat frame out there a closer feel would in my opinion would be the pure control also a good stick try'em both. Aero storm is also good but has a totally diff fell from the radicals.

Jack Romeo
01-08-2008, 03:42 AM
i currently use the pure storm (the old version). i haven't tried the newer versions but i'm guessing they wouldn't feel very different, except maybe for the heavier ones. the last radical i tried out was the flexpoint midplus version but it was only for one hitting session, so i can't really make a good comparison. but anyway, i don't think it plays quite the same as the pure storm. i think the woofer system just makes the babolat feel different, especially with poly strings. the feel is more plush and forgiving. the radical was more crisp and solid.

bertrevert
01-08-2008, 03:23 PM
^^^ From waht I understand having not tried the old Storm, this new Storm is stiffer, hence I just don't think of this new Storm as plush OR forgiving. I wish it was a bit more like that. It does however deliver plenty of oomph (for a control stick) and the sweetspot is juicy.

Like I said if Tempest has modified his/her Radical at all then it may be a good idea to look at the Storm Tour.