PDA

View Full Version : stiffness of your racket?

acetouchzero
01-03-2008, 06:57 PM
what stiffness do you use because im having trouble with my nBlade. tennis warehouse says its 58 but it feels like higher. i think its due to ncode and kfactor how it stiffens the frame but i am not sure. can someone fill me in please?

acetouchzero
01-03-2008, 07:14 PM
has anyone noticed that you could have two identical rackets from diffrent companies. but the wilson that is ncoded or kfactored always seems more stiff than the other?

johlhausen
01-03-2008, 07:22 PM
If tennis warehouse says its 58, then yours will probably be within 2 or 3 of that number (wilson is notorious for having terrible racket consistency).

IMO, ncode, kfactor, and whatever will inevitably come after that is just marketing, and has no real worth.

anirut
01-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Check your string type & tension. My Redondo feels stiffer when strung up tight with nylon. Also feels stiff with poly, even at lower than mid tension.

When I used multi at 62, it feels soft and flexy.

So, there, you got it.

Alafter
01-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Additionally, the question is if flex always indicate how it would feel striking the balls?

anirut
01-03-2008, 07:40 PM
Alafter, when one's racket flexes it will strike the balls. When it's stiff, it won't. ;)

Alafter
01-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Alafter, when one's racket flexes it will strike the balls. When it's stiff, it won't. ;)

All I have to say is, OH DEAR.

fuzz nation
01-03-2008, 08:27 PM
Yo ace... it seems to me that the thing with that frame is that the hoop is rather firm even though the overall flex rating is low. There's probably significant flex in the throat - if you look at the "flexible" Fischer M-Speed Pro #1, that racquet is low powered, but the beam width of the hoop is quite wide and that gives it more of a crisp feel and response.

The flex ratings you see in racquet specs are murky; they don't tell you where the frame has more or less give.