PDA

View Full Version : RDS001 mid-- Least powerful new racket???

Carlito
01-03-2008, 09:49 PM
Is it? Or maybe the prestige?

In D Zone
01-03-2008, 10:20 PM
RDS001 is rated lower than Flexpoint Prestige.

I play with both, the RDS 001 does not feel low on power compared to FlexPt Prestige. I think its bec of the open string which makes it easier to swing. FlexPt Prestige denser string pattern require a faster racquet swing to generate power.

ChipNCharge
01-03-2008, 10:27 PM
Is it? Or maybe the prestige?

I think the lowest powered current production frame is the nFury MP: standard length, 295 swingweight, and a flex rating of 50.

LanEvo
01-06-2008, 04:11 PM
rds001 is pretty low powered

[d]ragon
01-06-2008, 05:56 PM
i thought the nfury had sufficient power. the rds001 mid was very low powered for me

haveheart
01-07-2008, 08:11 AM
rds001 mid has more power than RQiS1 Tour. The flex in the shaft of the RQ stick makes it less powerful despite larger head size. I even thought that RDX 500 mid had more power than RQiS.

Gimmick
01-07-2008, 02:42 PM
The rds 001 Mid has a power rating of 1872. It is one of the lowest rated racquets by the USRSA. That said, the MP version of the Wilson nFury has a power rating of 1426. Thats about 24% less power than the RDS. It is undeniably the lowest powered racquet on the market today.

Carlito
01-07-2008, 04:43 PM
I demoed the RQIS and I felt the RDS001 mid felt a little more powerful or at least comparable to a point where they might be equal. But let me tell you why I started this thread:

So I have been playing with prestige classics for about 10 years now. I stoped playing for about 5+ years and just got back into it. For my NY resolution I decided to stick to tennis and play tournaments all year to see how I do. I decided to make a switch because I clearly am not as good as I once was and wanted to get a racket to help me out a bit.

Rackets have come a long way in the last 10 years. I got the RDS because its sweet spot is bigger than the prestige, it is lighter, stiffer and has a more open string pattern so i figure it is a step up. But now I come to realize it is still very underpowered compared to all the other rackets out there. I wanted to get a more forgiving and powerful racket, and now I just feel stupid because I went out and bought the least powerful racket available. It felt good hitting with it but I just realized I might have to change with the times and get a lighter, stiffer midplus. How do the 03tour, AG200 and kfactor 95 compare to the rds. I think 95 is a s big as I would want to go as I hit a 1 handed backhand and like to attack the net. Any other rackets you can think of?