PDA

View Full Version : Fischer, the Apple among the racquet brands

PackardDell
01-04-2008, 04:14 AM
Don't we think that Fischer is the Apple among the racquet brands? Apples and Fischer's both look very good, high quality (no-tolerance) and are a bit different (top of hoop is 25 mm). And the good thing compared to apple is, with a Fischer you can play against and with people who have another brand :)

Duzza
01-04-2008, 04:17 AM
I think of Wilson as Microsoft, and Prince as apple. Shiny and an absolute rip off.

McLovin
01-04-2008, 04:24 AM
So that would make Volkl, Babolat, Tecnifibre, Pro Kennex, Slazenger, Spalding, Gamma & Dunlop all variants of Linux?

Who gets the Sun/Solaris tag? Yonex or Head?

cknobman
01-04-2008, 05:21 AM
So that would make Volkl, Babolat, Tecnifibre, Pro Kennex, Slazenger, Spalding, Gamma & Dunlop all variants of Linux?

Who gets the Sun/Solaris tag? Yonex or Head?

Head gets the Tandy brand.

Cool at first but then after you buy it you realize its junk and made by a company going nowhere.

McLovin
01-04-2008, 05:55 AM
So Yonex gets the Sun/Solaris tag:
Not very popular among the consumers, but professionals use it because they know its better.

meh
01-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Volkl has got to be SimplyMEPIS.
Babolat reminds me of Ubuntu, just stiffer. I guess the Human theme is supposed to be ironic.
Tecnifibre is PCLOS.
I would really like to compare something to openSUSE and its monstrosity called YaST (ugh).

iradical18
01-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Head gets the Tandy brand.

Cool at first but then after you buy it you realize its junk and made by a company going nowhere.

Since when has Head been junk?

cknobman
01-07-2008, 06:30 AM
Since when has Head been junk?

80% of the people I have met that bought head racquets end up getting rid of them because they hate them.

Ive never cared for them other than maybe the lm radical but its an opinion and to each his own.

0d1n
01-07-2008, 06:34 AM
80% of the people I have met that bought head racquets end up getting rid of them because they hate them.

Ive never cared for them other than maybe the lm radical but its an opinion and to each his own.

If the best (Head) racket you've tested is the LM Radical, you haven't played enough models...trust me. Also ... could it be that those people were uninformed and misguided when they picked those PARTICULAR head rackets?? I think every company makes ****** models and good models, and I think one can find at least a model that he can play good tennis with from each company. What makes me mad is when getting 4, 5 rackets of that model...and finding out they are not even close to each other...

Serve n' Volley
01-07-2008, 03:24 PM

...Why get the racquet in the first place if you don't even like it. :confused:

Noveson
01-07-2008, 07:34 PM
Haha Fischer is definitely not apple. Apple is just as big as Microsoft now. Wilson I think would be Microsoft, then Apple be Babolat(up and comer, appealing to younger people) then Yonex, Tecnifibre, and Fischer would Sun/Solaris because they are all smaller niche companies, but have very good quality. And as for Head and Prince, I have no idea.

shell
01-07-2008, 07:55 PM
Good to know that when I miss a shot, I can blame it on a software problem :)

bluetrain4
01-07-2008, 08:08 PM
Prince is HP - around for ever, still makes some good/great stuff if you look, but has filled its product offerings with big-box chain-store crap.

And this is coming from someone who uses Prince.

Noveson
01-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Prince is HP - around for ever, still makes some good/great stuff if you look, but has filled its product offerings with big-box chain-store crap.

And this is coming from someone who uses Prince.

:lol: That made me laugh.

DY3K1D
01-07-2008, 08:53 PM
...Why get the racquet in the first place if you don't even like it. :confused:

proabably because pros or someone they idol uses it