PDA

View Full Version : sipn friendly racquet for single backhand

eproxy
01-04-2008, 07:32 AM
can someone recommend a racquet single backhanders with heavy forehand topspin.tks

vndesu
01-04-2008, 08:35 AM
try using a
mfil200, ag200, pk redondo
tho people sayy the mfil and ag gets more flat hits i get alot of top spin using them..

HappyLefty
01-04-2008, 09:04 AM
It is hard to recommend you a racquet without more info about your game level and priorities.

In general terms and considering only the racquet (because technique is a key factor), "spin friendly" refers to racquets with an open strings pattern (i.e. 16x19 racquets). In this pattern you can find a lot of racquets (players´s, tweener´s, comfort oriented, weight, balance point, head size, etc, etc, etc).

Give us more info and we can give you a better recommendation.

JRstriker12
01-04-2008, 09:09 AM
can someone recommend a racquet single backhanders with heavy forehand topspin.tks

I hit a heavy top spin forehand and play a one handed backhand. I play with a Babolat Pure Drive Roddick. The racket has plenty of spin on serves and ground strokes and ads a little extra "umph" on the backhand.

Tennissee
01-04-2008, 09:56 AM
It might be a simple tweak of strings. Use a thinner string so it would bite harder or try Blue Gear to exagerate the spin a bit.

It might be in your swing path, instead of driving or hitting through the ball with your SHBH, finish it with an upward brushing motion.

HappyLefty
01-04-2008, 11:27 AM
I hit a heavy top spin forehand and play a one handed backhand. I play with a Babolat Pure Drive Roddick. The racket has plenty of spin on serves and ground strokes and ads a little extra "umph" on the backhand.

I´d rather wait for eproxy´s reply to know exactly his needs.

Noveson
01-04-2008, 02:58 PM
So you want a racquet that is just good for topspin on your forehand? I don't know if there is any such racquet.

D. Dokas
01-04-2008, 03:00 PM
ive never heard of a racquet that favoures a side (forhand backhand)

Kirko
01-04-2008, 03:24 PM

I hit a one handed backhand with a lot of topspin. my fav. since aug. 2007 is the babolat pure storm tour. the real surprise is my twist serve its so easy with this frame. yes the pure storm tour is the man's world. you must be an acomplished player,but thats tennis.

ledor
06-27-2008, 07:07 AM
Nothing wrong with the Pure Storm Tour, you'll have to work on technique, brushin up for topspin. Get out there and hit more.

RM05
07-01-2008, 03:20 AM
any light, midplus or oversize racquet will do.

PimpMyGame
07-01-2008, 03:26 AM
Try the Wilson nPro Open, not heavy but solid and certainly not light, nice open string pattern and a frame that can be modified to suit.

Il Mostro
07-01-2008, 03:37 AM
Within the Babolat family, the APDC should give you what you want. Spin is potentially crazy with this one. Alternatively, any open string pattern that feels good in your hands will do the trick.