PDA

View Full Version : More arm friendly Redondo MID or MP

RoddickistheMan
01-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Hello,
I suffered from wrist and shoulder pain from using lightweight stiff racquets (babolats).
I found out about pro kennex line up and was wondering which redondo is more arm friendly the mid or mp or are they the same. Also the prokennex 5g looks appealing as well however my game relies heavily on control and angles and hitting close to the lines. My main issue is comfort and control.
________
MAZDA SAVANNA PICTURE (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Mazda_Savanna)

[d]ragon
01-04-2008, 01:02 PM
havnt tried them but i would think that the 98 is more armfriendly because its got a bigger head

MrAWD
01-04-2008, 01:20 PM
I've been using Mid for more the 6 months and also caring MP in my bag, which I used just few times since I got it but also in my last two sessions. Comfort between those two racquets is just about the same. Mid has smaller sweet spot but it is much sweeter!! If you can play successfully with the Mid size racquet (being mostly in the sweet spot that is) then Mid would be my recommendation. You will get better control with it over the MP for sure, but MP is far from being a frame with no control. In my case since I can't play enough over the winter it seems like I will be using the MP for the next few months and then back to the Mid, which has unmatched one handed backhand!

So, both racquets will offer you plenty of comfort hardly matched in any other racquet out there today. Mid will offer more control over the MP if you can use it! Either way you go, you will enjoy the ride, that is for sure!!

One more think! Before I started using Redondos, I had two injuries. One in the wrist (tear in FTCC) and shoulder problem (localized arthritis) and I was having hard time using my LM Radical MP due to the pain. Back to back days where close to impossible to do with that frame. After I switched to the Redondo Mid, all of that is history and even though my wrist and shoulders are still far from being healed, I have no problem to play with them! I guess the mass of those racquets doesn't allow you to do bad things with your wrist no more, so the damage is decreased tremendously!

Good luck!

Fedja

rasajadad
01-04-2008, 01:55 PM
Hello,
I suffered from wrist and shoulder pain from using lightweight stiff racquets (babolats).
I found out about pro kennex line up and was wondering which redondo is more arm friendly the mid or mp or are they the same. Also the prokennex 5g looks appealing as well however my game relies heavily on control and angles and hitting close to the lines. My main issue is comfort and control.

I think the mid and MP are equally arm friendly. I've used both. The MP was more powerful, but too much so for me. The mid was perfect for me. I've also used the Ki5 Ionic PSE. It's heavier and a bit stiffer than the Redondos. More of a power baseliner frame, which I am not. But still a LOT softer than any of the Babolats.

JackSkellington
01-04-2008, 02:09 PM
Yep, they're equally friendly. Both have high flex and are very comfortable.