PDA

View Full Version : Donnay Pro One International Racquets question

anbu4ever11
01-04-2008, 01:04 PM
i was wondering if anyone is hitting or using the Donnay Pro One International Racquet at 95 inches.the newer one.was wondering if its anything like the aerogel.if anyones usin how is it?and how long have u been playing tennis as well.im 17 and now using an ntour with about 36 grams added to the handle of my racket.

fuzz nation
01-04-2008, 04:20 PM
I'm completely diggin' the new Donnay - used to play with the Wilson 6.1 Classic and took a few years (seriously!) to finally find this one. I just needed to wait for TW to actually get it made I guess.

This is a rather low powered frame with outstanding feel and its flex is especially good for my control at the baseline. My only experience with the aerogels from Dunlop is with the AG 200 which I demoed last winter. Can't comment much on it just because I couldn't click with it, but memories tell me that the Donnay plays a bit softer than that Dunlop.

While it is flexible, the Pro One is also a solid bat up at net. Its hoop is firm enough that volleys have a little pop and it is also layed out with just enough heft for it to stay stable for me, yet nicely maneuverable. The grip shape is similar to the Wilson profile so it feels a little more familiar and spin potential is quite high. That plus this racquet's moderated power have given me a lot of freedom to hit harder with control, both at the baseline and returning serve. Coming from the nTour, I doubt that you'd need any lead on this frame right away and you also don't need to string it tightly for control. Mine are running well with thin multifiber at 57-58 lbs.

Oh, I'm 41 and play at the 4.0 level, my game is all court (I routinely move forward), and I've been playing forever.

-Kap-
01-04-2008, 05:02 PM
Nice review, fuzz. 8)

That racquet's received a lot of praise here on the boards, anbu4ever11. Just be aware that the grip's a bit shorter than most, so it may be cramped if you use a two-handed backhand.

anbu4ever11
01-04-2008, 09:35 PM
oh thanks for the info.yeah that really helped alot.thanks