PDA

View Full Version : Aeropro Control vs. Aero Storm

magogami
01-04-2008, 07:40 PM
Looking at the specs, the AS is slightly less stiff, and the string pattern for the APC is 16X19 while the AS is 16X20. Also, the beam width for the APC is 20 mm Head / 22 mm Shaft while the AS is 21 mm Head / 19 mm Shaft. TW says that the power for the APC is low-medium and the power for the AS is low. Has anyone hit with both? Are they practically the same racket except the AS has cortex?

magogami
01-05-2008, 08:01 PM
There were many reviews for the aeropro control on TW, even though I know the racket wasn't very popular, so I thought many people would be able to compare these two...

magogami
05-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Has no one played with both yet?

Also, the customer reviews here for the aeropro control are so much better than the aero storm reviews on average. Since babolat is making a new aero storm, why don't they go back to the old version and just add cortex, if the original got better reviews by the owners and the playtesters at TW anyway?

Ross K
05-01-2008, 09:30 PM
If you're talking about the APC which has been around for quite a few years, I'd maybe just ask why are you considering a frame with quite possibly the worst rep out of every Babolat ever made? It's well known that this frame is EXTREMELY stiff and pretty hard to maneuver around. Also there are IMO some interesting frames Bab have put out in the last year or 2 (PST being 1), which supplements the older, v/popular models such as the PDR, APD, PD, etc.

magogami
05-02-2008, 03:22 AM
I wasn't making what I said up. Compare the user feedback and the TW review of the aeropro control to those of the aero storm (supposedly the newer version of the aeropro control but apparently its a lot different/not as good).

slice bh compliment
05-02-2008, 03:27 AM
I've hit with both. The AeroStorm, though maybe more flexible is much better, and not just bc of cortex.

The head of the AS is more Pure Control-like. Not nearly as wide-feeling as the older AeroProControl. The new one is more maneuverable at net. The old one felt more hollow. The new one feels more like a player's frame.

That's just my opinion.
I personally don't read too much into published reviews. Even the in-depth ones are very generic, they all sound the same/ read the same, and they seem arbitrary to me.

Demo.

magogami
05-02-2008, 03:28 AM
Was it more powerful? Because TW said the aeropro control had good power while the aero storm was greatly lacking power.

slice bh compliment
05-02-2008, 03:35 AM
Both are very powerful. I feel MUCH better control with the AeroStorm. When I first strung my AS, I did it too tight. After two hours, it was perfect. And very powerful. After all, it is a Babolat.

I think it's foolhardy to make a generalization like ~this is more powerful than that~ when two frames are so similar in weight and balance.

Pretty sure the old one did not sell as well as they'd like, so they improved it to appeal more to players who like frames that are 320g straight off the shelf. Typically, that consumer wants control anyway.

I think it's a great frame, but I'm waiting for the PS Ltd.

magogami
05-03-2008, 09:14 AM
At which tension did you string your aero storm that you thought was perfect?

slice bh compliment
05-03-2008, 10:25 AM
Perfect for me on most other frames is 58 gut mains, 53 poly crosses.
On the AeroStorm, I dropped to 57/52 and it's like buttah.

VikingSamurai
05-03-2008, 10:20 PM
Perfect for me on most other frames is 58 gut mains, 53 poly crosses.
On the AeroStorm, I dropped to 57/52 and it's like buttah.

What string do you use?. I have actually gone up from mid 40's to 54lbs with Babolat Tonic+ and it is perfect for this frame.. I tried one frame with Hurricane Pro 16, and hated it...

slice bh compliment
05-03-2008, 10:27 PM
What string do you use?. I have actually gone up from mid 40's to 54lbs with Babolat Tonic+ and it is perfect for this frame.. I tried one frame with Hurricane Pro 16, and hated it...
HEy there, it's 57 with Tonic (sometimes VS gut) and 52 with Hurricane 17.

VikingSamurai
05-04-2008, 12:15 AM
^^^ So you are Hybriding them together?. Interesting... I am simply trying to find a full set up, and the Tonic+ seems to be the way to go.. I am just scared of the price..