Here you go:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tVwPAOpFweY

krosero
01-05-2008, 09:46 PM
And I found this one, with the BBC commentary:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=amG_wgdh44U

BeHappy
01-05-2008, 10:12 PM
why would you upload that video to youtube?

It destroys the picture quality.

Check out the thread I posted earlier.

krosero
01-06-2008, 06:36 AM
why would you upload that video to youtube?

It destroys the picture quality.

Check out the thread I posted earlier.I am not one to suddenly stop going to YouTube just because someone tells me there's a hot new site with great picture quality.

I've watched things on Stage6 before. thank you for the links to the tennis, though. I was excited enough about seeing Federer-Nadal again that I waited for it to upload, and I enjoyed watching it -- but the buffering failed well before the end, as you might expect with such a large file.

It was exciting to watch. Just know that some people like to think things over and act deliberately rather than make sudden decisions based on what's exciting.

Mike Bulgakov
01-06-2008, 09:35 AM
It was interesting to see madman Borg's silent protest while the consummate gentleman McEnroe patiently waited. You don't often find such raucous, bordeline belligerent, crowds at tennis matches these days.

CyBorg
01-06-2008, 10:17 AM
I am not one to suddenly stop going to YouTube just because someone tells me there's a hot new site with great picture quality.

I've watched things on Stage6 before. thank you for the links to the tennis, though. I was excited enough about seeing Federer-Nadal again that I waited for it to upload, and I enjoyed watching it -- but the buffering failed well before the end, as you might expect with such a large file.

It was exciting to watch. Just know that some people like to think things over and act deliberately rather than make sudden decisions based on what's exciting.

Thanks, Krosero. I appreciate that this is on YouTube. As a subscriber I get updates whenever you post new stuff and the quality seems fine to me.

CyBorg
01-06-2008, 10:20 AM
Borg v Taylor 1973 Wimbledon:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jxm-7Yt4nMY

Moose Malloy
01-07-2008, 01:24 PM
thanks for that krosero. how about posting that game where Connors gave a point to Newcombe?

Rabbit
01-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Borg v Taylor 1973 Wimbledon:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jxm-7Yt4nMY

That is a truly great find. I remember Roger Taylor's last Wimbledon. They showed parts of it on TV. Taylor had already said it was to be his last Wimbledon and apparently he began the celebration during the match. He drank beer on the changeovers. The commentators were getting pretty tickled because the match went 5 sets. Taylor, however, was none the worse for wear...

Ahh the old days...

krosero
01-07-2008, 03:27 PM
thanks for that krosero. how about posting that game where Connors gave a point to Newcombe?Well here's the plan: there are two more videos which I definitely will do my best to get to, and those are Laver-Newcombe and Newcombe-Connors. Don't know yet if I'll put the Connors match up in highlights like Laver-Ashe or what, but it's definitely on my list.

Moose Malloy
01-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Well here's the plan: there are two more videos which I definitely will do my best to get to, and those are Laver-Newcombe and Newcombe-Connors. Don't know yet if I'll put the Connors match up in highlights like Laver-Ashe or what, but it's definitely on my list.

I just watched the highlights you put together for Ashe-Laver, very impressive, that must have taken some time & effort.

hoodjem
01-08-2008, 02:17 PM
That is a truly great find. I remember Roger Taylor's last Wimbledon. They showed parts of it on TV. Taylor had already said it was to be his last Wimbledon and apparently he began the celebration during the match. He drank beer on the changeovers. The commentators were getting pretty tickled because the match went 5 sets. Taylor, however, was none the worse for wear...

Ahh the old days...

I remember Bud Collins used to mention that Taylor beat Laver in 1970 at Wimbledon ending Laver's record of 39 consecutive matches won there, before Borg (and Federer) outdid it.

krosero
01-08-2008, 09:51 PM
I just watched the highlights you put together for Ashe-Laver, very impressive, that must have taken some time & effort.Thankfully Windows Movie Maker makes it as easy as possible to edit the footage.

Legend of Borg
01-23-2008, 07:38 PM
Unbelievable. Borg losing his cool and arguing with the umpire. He looked ready to pounce on the umpire when he gave him a game penalty. His look was priceless.