PDA

View Full Version : ambitious 3.5, what would you recommend

PackardDell
01-06-2008, 03:58 AM
Im about 3.5 and play a lot of tournaments each season. What stick would you recommend? Now I got a Prestige MP but somehow I think it is too difficult for me.

Vision84
01-06-2008, 04:01 AM
Need to give us more info. about your playing style as there are such a variety of sticks out there with different strengths and weaknesses.

PackardDell
01-06-2008, 04:09 AM
i and other people see me as an all round player. Played extensivly tennis as a kid, have been out of it for a while (8 years) and now im back and want (it is just a wish) to become a good club player.

I got a rather good touch. As a kid I beated most other kids by playing a game of chess, as we grow older I must admit i got my *** kicked cause the chess game is over by then. Recently I beated some top club playes with a game of touch (double mini tennis).

LanEvo
01-06-2008, 09:35 AM
Need to give us more info. about your playing style as there are such a variety of sticks out there with different strengths and weaknesses.

what hes trying to ask is are u a baseliner? all courter? serve and volleyer? net player? he need to know what ur best skilled area in tennis are?

PackardDell
01-06-2008, 09:57 AM
what hes trying to ask is are u a baseliner? all courter? serve and volleyer? net player? he need to know what ur best skilled area in tennis are?

something between these 2

Agent Orynge
01-06-2008, 10:07 AM
Asking what kind of racquet is best for you without specific information regarding your preferences is like asking what the best racquet is, period. And, of course, the truth is there is no such thing. There are so many racquets out there for everybody I'm sure there's one that best suits you, but if you don't even know what you're looking for how can we be expected to make a recommendation?

Do you like standard or longer racquets? Mid size, mid+, or oversize? Flexible or stiff? Open or dense string pattern? Heavy or light? Don't ask us to make recommendations for which of these characteristics is best for you, go out and play with different kinds of racquets and make up your own mind about what feels better. In the end, the only person that should make up their mind about what you play with is you.

theone
01-06-2008, 10:11 AM
I recommend the yonex RDS 003, if you find it too light you could try some lead tape. Try the head radical or instinct series as well.

Blade0324
01-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Yes as others have said it's difficult to say what stick is going to be right for you. THere are many good racquets out there but not everyone likes them all. As an example many people here like the older wilson PS or Head PC600 racquests and swear by them. I have found through trying these that I definately do not like these racquets and have moved to a newer technology frame that feels perfect to me. This is a very subjective thing and the best advice I could give you is demo, demo, demo and then demo some more. You will know what feels good and what does not.

meowmix
01-06-2008, 05:02 PM
If you think a Prestige MP is too much for you to handle, then you'll have to decrease weight and increase power. Try out rackets in the 11.5-11.9 ounce range, they'll probably be a better fit for you.

[d]ragon
01-06-2008, 05:52 PM
is your stroke compact or long? fast or slow swing speed? slice, flat, topspin? previous arm issues? best strokes?

P8ntballa
01-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Try the O3 sp tour with string port inserts NOT STRING HOLE!!! Lots of spin descent power loads of comfort and forgiveness an over all great hit also the rds001 mp by yonex is great, good power in the stiffer frame and lots of spin and control for touch shots both are very manuverable

Fedace
01-06-2008, 06:04 PM
Im about 3.5 and play a lot of tournaments each season. What stick would you recommend? Now I got a Prestige MP but somehow I think it is too difficult for me.

Yonex RQIS 2 tour.

Deuce
01-06-2008, 10:22 PM
"ambitious 3.5, what would you recommend"?

I recommend that you find a racquet you are comfortable with, and practice.
It is really no more complicated than that.