PDA

View Full Version : Replacing a Wilson PS Tour 100

Erawan
01-06-2008, 11:48 PM
I have been through many racquets but recently settled on my first, a Wilson Pro Staff Tour 100. I think this is an Asian spec racquet (was bought in Thailand where I live) and is a bit different to the 90 and 95 more commonly found. Trouble is a I jist broke the frame and now need to find a new racquet, I feel I cannot buy the same again and would prefer to find a modern replacement. The PS tour 100 has the following specs:

Weight - 300g/10.6 oz
Headsize - 100 sq"
Balance - 320 mm - 7.2 pts HL
Pattern - 16 x 20
String - Babolat Pro Hurricane

Would one of the NCodes be a good replacement? It is tough to demo racquets here, very few chances to do so. I just tried a friends Fisher M Comp 95 (295g version) and thought it was ok.

Previously I had a Head Flexpoint Prestige that I sold due to wrist problems, so I am probably better off at the 300g range, though I like the heavier stick.

Any help much appreciated!!

P8ntballa
01-07-2008, 12:09 AM
FIRST POST BYAHHH
MicroGel Prestiege MP or PRO MG Radical PRO or MP, N6.1 or K6.1, o3 SpeedPort Tour w/ string hole inserts, oZone Tour, o3 Tour MP, Pure Storm Tour or non-Tour, Yonex RQis 1 Tour, RDS 001 MP, RDS 002 non-tour or tour, RDS 003.
Give me ur playing level and style and Ill narrow down the list

RM05
01-07-2008, 12:25 AM
The Prince Original Graphite longbody sold here on TW might suit your needs. Its a bit more headlight and the overall weight of the Prince might be a little heavier than your current racquet. I personally like the midsize version.

Erawan
01-07-2008, 02:08 AM
Thanks for your replies.
We don't have a ranking system here in Thailand but I am OK I guess, play from baseline and can serve/volley as I am 6'5". Previously had LM Radical before the FP Prestige, enjoyed both.

P8ntballa
01-07-2008, 05:01 PM
For all-couters which I think you are would love the radicals and the three yonex racquets also the o3 sp tour and black would be a good demo

racquet_jedi
01-07-2008, 05:05 PM
I would say my racquet, but even I don't like it in stock form...

Try the nSix-Two Mid+ and see how it goes with more weight in the handle...

Erawan
01-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Thanks again!
I think your recommendations are spot on - in my mind it was one of the Yonex models, the nTour 2 95, the Fisher M Comp or the Dunlop 300 aerogel.
I am leaning towards the Fisher as my coach is a Fischer Pro and can get me a couple at half price and I have at least been able to give it a try.
FYI, the racquet prucahsing situation here in Thailand is a little different to elsewhere. Wilson was huge here until a recent legal battle has effectively stopped new models from appering on the shelves, and there are not big discounts on the old ones either. Dunlop are emerging (they sponsor most of the Thai players like Danai Udomchoke and Tammy), Yonex are big - but Prince, Babolat, and Head are handled by distributors only. Prince seems to be the worst in terms of sales/assistance etc. Fischer has a big distribution chain here and they support many top juniors.
One thing lacking is the ability to demo racquets - that is why we all tend to go through a bunch of them!

Blank
01-08-2008, 12:30 AM
Thanks again!
I think your recommendations are spot on - in my mind it was one of the Yonex models, the nTour 2 95, the Fisher M Comp or the Dunlop 300 aerogel.
I am leaning towards the Fisher as my coach is a Fischer Pro and can get me a couple at half price and I have at least been able to give it a try.
FYI, the racquet prucahsing situation here in Thailand is a little different to elsewhere. Wilson was huge here until a recent legal battle has effectively stopped new models from appering on the shelves, and there are not big discounts on the old ones either. Dunlop are emerging (they sponsor most of the Thai players like Danai Udomchoke and Tammy), Yonex are big - but Prince, Babolat, and Head are handled by distributors only. Prince seems to be the worst in terms of sales/assistance etc. Fischer has a big distribution chain here and they support many top juniors.
One thing lacking is the ability to demo racquets - that is why we all tend to go through a bunch of them!

Erawan, I believe I can get you a couple of brand new PS Tour 100.
However, I can't remember how much the store is selling right now.
If you wish, that is. I won't nick a profit out of you!! :D

Alafter
01-08-2008, 01:04 AM
Thanks again!

We should get together and play sometimes. I live near Bangna 4 way junction.

anirut
01-08-2008, 01:12 AM
I should think you'll like the Fischer. I've tried it and kinda like it. Can't remember the model though.

How 'bout gettin' together for a few hits ... with Alafter, of course ... ??

P8ntballa
01-08-2008, 02:18 AM
Thanks again!

No problem, which yonex frame did u like? I can give u more info, also which fischer?

caesar66
01-08-2008, 08:43 AM
given those specs I'd say try the npro surge or npro open, or the ksurge or kpro open.

Erawan
01-08-2008, 03:18 PM
I have tried the RDS 001 MP (Nalbandian's racquet) and liked it. Just a bit worried about the weight due to the wrist problems I had previously with the FP Prestige (320g). The Fischer is the MP Comp 95 - the 295 g model. I used to have a Yonex RDX 500 - loved it!

Erawan
01-08-2008, 03:20 PM
Yes, that would be great - I live on Ram Indra and usually play on Nawamin Soi 98, the Keerasub (spelling?) courts. I am glad to see people from Thailand posting here!!

Erawan
01-08-2008, 03:22 PM
what do the Thai residents feel about the equipment scene here in Thailand - is there going to be a change in the supply of Wilson and will we see Dunlop more readily available?

Erawan
01-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Erawan, I believe I can get you a couple of brand new PS Tour 100.
However, I can't remember how much the store is selling right now.
If you wish, that is. I won't nick a profit out of you!! :D

Blank you are a gentlemen! However, I do feel it is time to move on to a new stick, though I hope the new one plays as well as I have been wielding the old one.

anirut
01-08-2008, 05:33 PM
what do the Thai residents feel about the equipment scene here in Thailand - is there going to be a change in the supply of Wilson and will we see Dunlop more readily available?

Diethelm is now the distributor of Wilson in Thailand (if I'm not mistaken). A proshop around national stadium is carrying Wilson now. It's actually good that there was a problem with Wilson. Otherwise we won't be gettin' other good brands to compete.

Ever visited the pyramid board?

Erawan
01-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Diethelm is now the distributor of Wilson in Thailand (if I'm not mistaken). A proshop around national stadium is carrying Wilson now. It's actually good that there was a problem with Wilson. Otherwise we won't be gettin' other good brands to compete.

Ever visited the pyramid board?

Thanks!
You are right about Wilson, sometimes a shake up is good for consumers. This is my first visit to a tennis board so I have not been to the Pyramid one. Is it good?

anirut
01-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Thanks!
You are right about Wilson, sometimes a shake up is good for consumers. This is my first visit to a tennis board so I have not been to the Pyramid one. Is it good?

It's a Thai tennis board. Register yourself and give it a shot: www.pyramidtennis.com/board

Not as active as TT but a fair one.

Erawan
01-08-2008, 07:02 PM
It's a Thai tennis board. Register yourself and give it a shot: www.pyramidtennis.com/board

Not as active as TT but a fair one.

I wish I could read it, unfortunately I cannot read or write in Thai. This forum seems to be really active and there are many interesting threads.

anirut
01-08-2008, 07:11 PM
That's alright, matey. TT is THE PLACE for tennis lovers!

BTW, wanna drop me a call? I hope you can understand Thai sounds at least. If not, have someone read it for you.

"Soon Pad Neung - Sarm Jed Ha - Gao See Gao Sarm"

Hope you get it.

Alafter
01-08-2008, 07:22 PM
That's alright, matey. TT is THE PLACE for tennis lovers!

BTW, wanna drop me a call? I hope you can understand Thai sounds at least. If not, have someone read it for you.

"Soon Pad Neung - Sarm Jed Ha - Gao See Gao Sarm"

Hope you get it.

Lemme translate that to numerical...

And also give you Anirut's face profile and address.

Say, anyone on TT board got beef with Anirut? You know, hitmen are cheap here....

P8ntballa
01-12-2008, 03:53 AM
I have tried the RDS 001 MP (Nalbandian's racquet) and liked it. Just a bit worried about the weight due to the wrist problems I had previously with the FP Prestige (320g). The Fischer is the MP Comp 95 - the 295 g model. I used to have a Yonex RDX 500 - loved it!

I love my rds001 mp but if weight is an issue try the rds002 non-tour rds003 and the rqis2tour all great frames by yonex!!!!