PDA

View Full Version : Pure Drive + opinions

jorel
01-07-2008, 05:51 AM
do u guys have any feedback on the pure drive +?

jk

Ive been trying this racquet out and I really like it. I was surprised coming from standard length racquets all my life. I tried a friends pd+ once and hated itÖ. It might be due to the fact he had it leaded up like a mofo. But Ive been using one unleaded and itís a really nice swinging racquet. Perfect for those days I just want to stay behind the baseline and bash the crap out of the ball all day (pretending im a true claycourt player) polys really help to make the power of the racquet more controllable and easier to manipulate, but ive been sold on this racquet even tho I used to think I would hate it, it was too light, would kill my arm and that it was a girls racquet. But its rally nice and the power is addictive. I hit winners from 10 ft behind the baseline. I just now have to wait for my wrist, elbow and back to give out on me.

Fun times

julianoz
01-07-2008, 06:30 AM
I didnt like it at all, liked the PDR+ much better (big serve improvemetn) but even so thought both were uncontrollable.

Sticking to PDR regular for now.

PED
01-07-2008, 07:38 AM
^^^^ I agree and went with the PDR regular as well. There is some nice power to be had from the XL sticks but it threw my timing off just that little bit. Still, if you like it and it works for you then go for it.

DonBot
01-07-2008, 07:59 AM
I tend to agree the PDR+ is frrreeeaaaking sweet, the regular pd + and pd gave me huge amounts of forearm pain, as I tend to muscle the ball a little too much, but the PDR + is the way to go!!

jorel
01-07-2008, 11:06 AM
I tend to agree the PDR+ is frrreeeaaaking sweet, the regular pd + and pd gave me huge amounts of forearm pain, as I tend to muscle the ball a little too much, but the PDR + is the way to go!!

i also really enjoy the PDR+.... i didnt think i would like it the first time i hit with it... but it was FUUUUN!!! but it is a beast... and i am using the Reg PD+

but i can always borrow the PDR+ from a friend whenever i want to take some fustration out on the balll..... on a side note....

playing with these racquets are great stress relief... i think better than hitting a heavy bag.... dont know if its actually better than an mma match, but its a great release to just let loose and cream the ball especially with a monster like the PDR+

SFrazeur
01-07-2008, 12:23 PM
I had gotten into so called players racquets with small head sizes for awhile and swore off using lighter stock racquets with higher stiffness ratings. I got to the point of realizing Why am I making things needlessly hard for myself? So I went to midplus racquets and eventually to the PDR+. My change from no-power to power is thanks to co-poly strings. When I was using a Hyper Hammer 5.3 MP I didn't know about poly, and the newer co-polys were really just coming out for recreational players.

A couple of weeks ago I got a pair of Pure Drive TEAM+ for cheap and have been hitting with them. I like both racquets the PDR+ and the PD+ pretty much equally. I figure I will mainly play with the PD+ into the ground, so to speak, then switch back to the PDR+.

-SF

PED
01-07-2008, 01:33 PM
^^^^Good explanation SF, I was wondering from your sig why you were not using the PDR any more. I've not hit with the PD+ only the std length. I ended up getting a PDR last week new for a great deal and am really glad I did. Everything just seems to come together for me with this stick.

Ljubicic for number1
01-07-2008, 02:48 PM
Has anybody tried to replicate the roddick+ by leading up a std pure drive+?

PED
01-07-2008, 07:19 PM
I tried leading up my apdc to similar weight around 11.8 or 11.9. I know the apdc is a different stick to the pdr, but even with the lead, I couldn't get the more solid feel of the pdr. It made my apdc a better stick, but in the end, I did the easiest thing and just bought a pdr.

DY3K1D
01-07-2008, 09:42 PM
I didnt like it at all, liked the PDR+ much better (big serve improvemetn) but even so thought both were uncontrollable.

Sticking to PDR regular for now.

same here.